Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411566 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:45:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955415 times)
Erio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: September 11, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »

Hello TIGSource,

I go by the handle "Erio" and I live in Central Finland. I'm currently studying at the local university and learning to make games on the side as a hobby. I started playing games on my father's old DOS-computers at an early age (my father worked as a system planner during the 90's) and soon grew an interest on anything interactive. During my childhood my taste for entertainment was molded by late 90's Finnish indie scene that later lead to the birth of such industry greats as Remedy, Bugbear, Frozenbyte, Rovio and Supercell among many others. Games such as Wings, Triplane Turmoil, Liero and Tapan Kaikki are forevered burned to my retinas.

My other interests are cinema, reading, cooking and football which I have played at a semi-professional level. Currently waiting for an ACL reconstruction surgery, so my football "career" is on hold.  Droop

I have a few years of experience from programming and I'm trying to widen my skills to cover other areas of gamedev. Hopefully TIGSource will be a good community and a resource vault for this!

http://eriogames.tumblr.com/ Currently working on: Turboball Versus Satan (Unity) [Mobile, Webplayer], [FREE]
NoOneSpecial
Level 0

Who? Me?

View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: September 13, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »

Hi. I'm NoOneSpecial or John. I'm a programmer who's been writing simple, unreleased games in Java for the past few years or so. Nothing special, just clones of the basics like Pong, Tetris, etc. I don't have much else to say. This will probably be shorter than most "Introduce yourself" posts, and I'm fine with that  Cool
harrysjoerd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: September 14, 2015, 06:56:07 AM »

My name is Pascal and I'm an indiegame developer from Holland.

I studied Mathematics and Game and Media Technology at Utrecht University and graduated in 2011. Since 2008 I have started a project with 3 friends to build our own Game Engine in Java (Unity wasn't big then). Since 2009 we have been working on our first game Caromble! in this engine, which was finally released on Steam Early Access two weeks ago.

Another game I created is a mobile game, a Rhythm-Based-Tower-Defense game called Polybeats, which won the Very Big Indie Pitch in Helsinki last week.

I work 4 days a week in a 'normal/respectable' company as C++ developer. On Friday and every spare hour in the weekend or evening (sometimes nights) I program and design games.

Glad to be here!  Corny Laugh
Aperico
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8923 on: September 15, 2015, 01:55:59 AM »

Hello i'm a indie game dev from sweden. Before developing games I mainly did network and systems design and programming, I am the co-creator of PokerOffice software for example. Last few years I have been teaching myself developing games for Android/iPhone. I have a burning passion for competitive online games and have played countless hours every week since Quake World came out. I am using the LibGDX framework and I like it since I can make cross-platform games. Currently I am in late stages of my newest game Skellitown. Skellitown is a competitive multiplayer game with MMORPG style combat and character progression. I will post info about it later. Thank you!
DarKKendO
« Reply #8924 on: September 15, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm currently working on a proceduraly(ish) generated platformer a la Mega Man / Shovel Knight. Its still in the early stages but really all I'm going for is a retro platformer that I can always play and never run out of levels Smiley

I've studied Game Development at University and have been working as a programmer for the past few years since graduating. I usually spend most of my spare time working on game development as a hobby and really just hope to get something finished one day. I was recommended to join here by a friend and have spent the entire day lurking and reading about some amazing projects. Glad to be a part of the community Smiley
Razzle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8925 on: September 15, 2015, 09:48:55 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Shawn, and I am a Canadian game developer currently living in the middle of no-where otherwise known as the city of Moose jaw.

I am part of a three person team that has been friends since high school and is currently developing our first indie game product.

I love video games, my favourite food is Indian followed by Thai, I am a vegetarian, I love tabletop Dungeons & Dragons, I am a huge nerd, and I love geek culture.

My favourite game would be impossible to narrow down, but some of my favourites include:

Everquest, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Super Mario Bros, World of Warcraft, Secret of Mana, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Quest, Kirby, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, Street Fighter, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, Breath of Fire, Aliens vs Predator, Act Raiser, Mega Man, Lufia, Castlevania, Pac Man, Joust, Halo, Dr Mario, Sonic, Magic Battlegrounds, etc..

How is that for indecision on a favourite game list? ^_-
TCOTMansion
Level 0

Kill Steal Solve: The Case Of The Mansion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8926 on: September 15, 2015, 12:17:16 PM »

Hi guys, my name is Tadeu Nogueira. Im an Indie Dev From Brazil. Like Most People Here, i always had a passion for video games. Even though the love was there, i never imagined that i would end up making a game myself.

I Studied Social Communication and advertisement at the university and as soon as i graduated i decided that i would study 3d. I started taking classes in a Authorized Autodesk Training Center in Rio de Janeiro in 2009 and graduated in 2011. In 2012 i worked as 3d Artist for a Studio in Rio but decided to return to my hometown the following year.

By mid 2013 i had decided that i was going to make a game, it was something that i always wanted to do but i never thought i d be capable of. I Manned up and started studying unity by myself, by early 2014 i had a prototype but it wasnt very good, and i knew it. I took everything i learned from that project and moved on, hoping for a better idea.

I Spent most of that year trying to do freelance advertisement jobs. On August 2014 i had an idea for a prototype that consumed me, that is the game im about to release today. Never had i ever had so much fun while working and i truly believe this is my true passion in life. I hope i will be able to keep at it for a long time to come.

My favorite games are: The Souls Franchise, Megaman X, Secret Of Mana, Vandal Hearts, Final Fantasy 7, FF Tactics, ChronoTrigger, Silent Hill Series.

Im glad this introduction thread was mandatory because while i was reading some of the bios on it i thought how awesome it was to see so many liked minded people together. So cheers guys, nice to meet you all.
Fran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8927 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:52 AM »

Hey fellow indie developers.
I'm from Argentina. I work in graphic design, illustration, frontend development, UI/UX design, and of course games! Many years ago I used to make games in Actionscript, now in Javascript. So HTML5 is my field, but now I'm mainly focused in graphics, because is the most enjoyable part for me.
My actual project is not a game but a game assets collection:
http://maesaigraphics.com
check it out, hope you like it

cheers!
 Toast Left

Francisco Lemos
----------------------
http://maesaigraphics.com
civanT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8928 on: September 16, 2015, 04:26:19 AM »

Hello everyone. I'm Civan from Turkey and I'm a 3D artist and an engineer/architect on the side.

My love for games started with, lo and behold, Super Mario Brothers. After playing the hell out of SMB for months and after discovering the possibilities of gaming with Captain Tsubasa 2: Super Striker on NES, I was hooked with no return. I still consider CT2:SS one of the best game ever made and I have an obsession with games that you can play at your own pace without any hurry.

Also I love dark and atmospheric games. Games that take their time with environmental storytelling always amaze me. Probably for this reason I'm a point and click adventure game addict too.

Some of my favorite games in no particular order are: Silent Hill 1-2-3-4, Dark Souls, Scratches, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and Street Fighter 4.

I've worked on some small games before, some not released, some not worth mentioning. Also I was really into Half Life 2 modding for a long time.

Right now I'm working Seclusion: Islesbury, a new point and click adventure game and I hope to share more about it here soon.

Nice to meet you all!

terahard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8929 on: September 16, 2015, 09:02:27 AM »

Hellooo everyone!

We are an indie game company called Terahard Studios that's currently working on a fighting game called Era. It'll be our first big release and we're super excited! Our company was created in 2012 and we have studios located in both London and Athens. Besides making games, we also work on VR and AR technology. Of course, we also love playing games like Super Mario, GTA, Call of Duty, Pokemon, and a whole lot more!

We're looking forward to being a part of the TIG community! Cheers!

Seratone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: September 17, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »

Hey yo, I'm Kev.

I use Game Maker cause it let's me make the kind of games that I want to make.

My games are not meant to look good, and are totally the opposite of trendy. They are however a hell of a lot of fun.

16soft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: September 17, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »

Hey, I'm Anton, a CompSci student at the University of Manitoba, wanting to do indie development. I've already done a translation for a game released on Big Fish and went to a PegJam and an indie meetup, and now I'm finally doing my own stuff because I should know this by now. I've wanted to be a part of the community for several years, no idea why I didn't join.

I also bitch at my code a lot.
danielvtan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: September 18, 2015, 03:10:28 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel V. Tan.
I just recently quit my first job (2 months ago).
I was a Senior Interactive Developer before.
In my previous job, I have worked with a lot of apps and games (advergames).

Now I am working on my first game as an Indie. Its called Space Monkey.

Nice to meet you all!

JustinSonicBloom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8933 on: September 18, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »

Hey Everyone,

I'm Justin Stanizzi, a veteran (I can call myself that at this point, right?) game developer that moved from AAA to the Indie space. Since my business partner, Eric Robinson (@ericrobinson), and myself have gone indie, we figured it's about time we reach out beyond our Boston based community.

Both of us have come from the music/rhythm game space and decided we could do a lot more if we weren't anchored down to studio publishers. We've just released our first tool to the Unity Asset Store, Koreographer, and we're building our first game, ReBERth (@reberthgame), with the tool we built.

Nice to meet everyone, and I hope that between Eric and I, we can contribute to the community!

Obligatory top game list:
Super Metroid, Zelda: LTTP, FF6, Ico, Silent Hill 2, Parappa The Rapper 2, Um Jammer Lammy, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, Rez, Every Extended Extra, Act Raiser, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Metal Gear Solid, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Mario 64, Fallout 3

ericrobinson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: September 18, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »

Hey folks!

Justin (JustinSonicBloom) beat me to the punch!  Hi!

I grew up playing games (with Justin, for one!) of all kinds, but found myself particularly drawn to platformers, shmups, and music games.  As a developer I've been deeply interested in music and its impact on gameplay.  It feels like there's so much potential there that we have yet to really harness!

While I've done AAA, educational, casual, and even some "professional" Indie development, the music question has continued to stick with me (my iTunes is full of game music from Diablo to Ookami to Bastion).  Recently I teamed up with Justin to start a company and a game to push this stuff.  Together we're building the Koreographer tech and are using it to create our own musical shmup, reBERth.

And reBERth was recently highlighted in the 2015 Boston Festival of Indie Games (BFIG) showcase!  Here's a brief video of it in action.

We're hoping to post some stuff about the dev process (there's five of us on the team Grin) and hopefully get some good feedback!

Here's to the community!
 Toast Right

Oh, top games (no particular order):
Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong Country, Diablo 1, 押す!戦え!応援団!(1&2), War Craft 2, Half-Life, Act Raiser, Killer Instinct (original and XBOne versions), Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, FF6, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Portal 1, Worms 2, Battle Arena: Toshinden 2, Twisted Metal 2, and more that are skipping my mind...
agro1986
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: September 18, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »

Hi all!

I'm Agro from Indonesia and currently living in Japan Smiley. I do programming and photography.

My earliest games are DOS games that you start up using the command prompt like Aldo and Dave haha. After that I got Sega Megadrive and enjoyed platformer games like Sonic a lot.

Right now I'm making games for mobile, with our game Angel Puzzle recently released Smiley. I hope I can learn a lot from all of you guys here. See you around Smiley
TGHoly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: September 19, 2015, 01:25:51 AM »

Hi everyone.
I'm Tharathon Wattanavikrai developer from Thailand, I use to work on small game company in Thailand but later leave and found my own team. My role is designer & artist even I'm not so creative person and my job isn't look amazing and personally but still have passion in video game develop. Me and my friend currently work on 2D platformer/shooter game and we really proud of what it turn out. Smiley

and sorry for my bad English if it bother anyone here.

Codebread
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: September 19, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

Hey guys.

My name's Gary, I'm an indie developer and co-creator of Super Daryl Deluxe. We hope to expand our studio within the next few years, once SDD is complete, and continue making games that make people laugh
gaarlicbread
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8938 on: September 19, 2015, 10:54:38 PM »

Hi People!

I'm gaarlicbread. I do like actual garlic bread.

I've made a few games for fun or game jams such as PacPac and dotmove.

Most of my coding background is on mathy or web-related work. I love math and try to keep learning new math ideas in my spare time.

I've been working for well over a year on my first serious game called Apanga. The vision is to create a world that feels alive, evolving, consistent, and independent of the player. The goal is a dig-and-build game with interesting generated stories and characters. I see it as combining the depth of character and history of Dwarf Fortress along with the open creative world of Minecraft. Here's a procedurally generated forest for ya (from Apanga):

In general, I think many games today are made in a misguided way. I think games can be extremely fun even if they don't take advantage of new hardware. I think they can be fun even if their graphics are not incredible. I think games can have deep meaning that we tend to avoid. I think games can be funnier on average than they usually are. And I also think games can be built in a way that deeply respects players. I wrote up some of my high-level game-designy vision ideas here.
wobs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8939 on: September 20, 2015, 05:51:40 AM »

Hey!
I'm Lauri. I make games. I've been making games for a living since 2009 under the title Woblyware. Woblyware is a one man show so I work on design, programming, art and audio. I started on flash games but these days I do stuff for mobile devices.
I've been lurking around the forums every now and then over the years and decided it was finally time to say hello and nice to meet you all!  Gentleman
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic