Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 03:46:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNoitu Love 2 Demo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Noitu Love 2 Demo  (Read 66365 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:50 AM »

Still getting the Level 3 Start bug if I skip stuff too quickly on my way to the second level.

I also got another bug. When dying and restarting from the mid-level checkpoint the timer went to 0 and never went up. Happened once that I can remember.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
detergent
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »

Dude, this is sweeeeet  Grin

Impressive!
Moon_Rabbits
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2008, 02:15:20 PM »

Fucking awesome. I loved the boss of the first level, and the reaper in the second. In fact, I far preferred the piece of the second level to the entire first, but they were both excellent. It seemed kind of easy, but I guess that that's because it is just the beginning of the game.

Also, you're art =  Kiss
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

Figured out the level skip bug. Basically, every time I press the Continue button in the level end screen the variable or whatever you used to tell which level you're in goes up by 1. If you manage to press the Continue more than once before the next level shows up that 'variable' will go up as many times as you press. Last time I tested that theory I got to Level 5 Start. Tongue Hope that's the culprit. Also, I got the "Timer frozen at 0" bug a second time.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »

This is pretty awesome Grin

I did find a bug in the tutorial - I clicked on the grappling hook while I was standing under one of the pillars and I shot up to above the ceiling, and couldn't progress any further as I was off the screen. Can't seem to reproduce it though, so I guess it's no biggie Smiley

olücæbelel
DIT
Level 0

O_O"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »

This game is absolutely brilliant!
I found the controls a little troublesome at the beginning, but I guess it is just me.
After I while I started moving just using right click super moves, that was fun!

Great bosses too!

Marco Di Timoteo | Studio Evil | Twitter: @evilredpenguin | My game on Greenlight
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »

Very cool. Played the demo four times now (one Normal, three Hard) and I should be working.

Still can't complete Hard level 1 with more than half my life left, so from my perspective the difficulty is about right.

kbandressen
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »

Awesome demo!  The mouse controls felt a little awkward at first, but I got used to them pretty quick.  I ran into a glitch, though; not sure what caused it but the player got stuck in some kind of running (or something) animation and I couldn't do anything.  Here's where it happened:

Gonna play through again and see if I can get through without issue!  Can't wait to see the finished product!  Smiley
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »

What can I say? It rocks something awesomesauce as I figured it would. Well no, it's even better than I thought it was going to be, which between this and the DS Bangai-O I'm getting kind of a treasure overload here.

My only problem was that I had to skip the dialogue because it kept crashing during the blonde guy's conversation. Kind of a pain, but skipping it just let me carry on anyway. Not the ideal solution, but I'm using Vista, so I'll take what I can get!
Dr. Kylstien
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »

I played the tutorial, but when stuff stats blowing up at the start of the first level, I don't know what to do, and my computer eventually caves in under the weight of all those sprites. (Really excessive, I couldn't even see what was going on.)
magicfred
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »

I'm a big Fan ! Awesome work !  Kiss

cgmonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »

I have to say, this is pretty fucking amazing. I didn't find any problem playing it, or bugs.. It felt really polished. Consider what kind of events you'd have to have in this application, it's rather impressive! Smiley

Good Luck on sales -- you'll certainly get my dollars!

~B
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2008, 08:21:05 AM »

I'm using Vista, so I'll take what I can get!

Best Vista quote EVER!  :D
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »

The full game is now available for a whopping $20.

Let's tear the rest of the game apart!

...  Cry
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

Awesome.

Good price too.

Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2008, 02:36:19 PM »

The game is made of pure win! I thought it was a bit too short at first but then I only played on normal difficulty. Then I realized the immense replay value you have added to the game, konjak.
[spoiler alert]
The Rilo mode that plays a bit different, the additional levels on hard etc. Fantastic!
[/spoiler alert]
It's strangely satisfying to pound the enemies mercilessly by mashing the mouse button. It's virtually a 2D hack&slash game and they always ruled since Diablo 1. Also, it's impressive that you designed almost completely different enemies for each level (some appear too rarely - e.g. the Darn Bastard - you could make the game a bit longer without much additional work by making the player face them multiple times =) and the bosses have been smartly designed as well. Two thumbs up!

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »

Thanks for the input!

I put in the variation to make it replayable rather than long, though. Personally I was never a fan of the Bastard myself...  Grin

I am confused about the "additional levels on hard" remark, though.
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2008, 02:51:50 PM »

The secret Darn base? I haven't finished hard yet but I assume you end up there? Or am I wrong? Otherwise I couldn't explain the bosses in the outro that I haven't seen...

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »

Oh... it's a plot point you misunderstood.  Smiley

SPOILER
The snowy factory is the Darn base as it had evolved in 2888. There aren't wholly new levels, sorry. The missing fights involve beating the game with Rilo and finding the secret boss. Hopefully I don't disappoint.
END SPOILER
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:28 PM »

Ha! Now I found it out myself. So there IS additional content but it's connected with Rilo and not the hard mode. =)
When it comes to difficulty I find the Hard mode spot on - people shouldn't have whined before the full game came out. It's not a frustratingly difficult game but I don't like stuff like that anyway. =)

I found a bug: in the second level when you're supposed to pull the handles to raise the guillotines and you get hit while hanging on you fall to the ground and can't attack or move until you get hit again. (I think that these were the circumstances in which this bug occurred and it happened both with Xoda and with Rilo so it can't be a coincidence.)

P.S. I know Xoda isn't supposed to be a ranged character but her fireball sucks. I know it's pretty powerful and stuff but it charges FAR too slowly - I haven't used it once in my "normal" game - only when I was goofing around. That's a strong contrast to Rilo's multi-mega-shot which is almost (just almost) too powerful. =)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic