Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 02:23:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNoitu Love 2 Demo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Noitu Love 2 Demo  (Read 66363 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »

Ha! Now I found it out myself. So there IS additional content but it's connected with Rilo and not the hard mode. =)
When it comes to difficulty I find the Hard mode spot on - people shouldn't have whined before the full game came out. It's not a frustratingly difficult game but I don't like stuff like that anyway. =)

I found a bug: in the second level when you're supposed to pull the handles to raise the guillotines and you get hit while hanging on you fall to the ground and can't attack or move until you get hit again. (I think that these were the circumstances in which this bug occurred and it happened both with Xoda and with Rilo so it can't be a coincidence.)

P.S. I know Xoda isn't supposed to be a ranged character but her fireball sucks. I know it's pretty powerful and stuff but it charges FAR too slowly - I haven't used it once in my "normal" game - only when I was goofing around. That's a strong contrast to Rilo's multi-mega-shot which is almost (just almost) too powerful. =)

Xoda's fireball is slow, but I use it more in the harder difficulties.
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »

Hardest is a bit too difficult for me to be really enjoyable anyway. :-P

Spoilertastic: I love Almond - a real people's hero. ^^ The gameplay with him is virtually a game in the game - like ye olde lightgun arcades. :-D

Another bug. The violinist of the Grinning 4 (the one that throws Molotov cocktails at you) can't be targeted with Rilo's multi-gun. This is the only character in the game to whom this exception applies so I presume it's a bug.

Several suggestions: IMHO Almond is missing some animations. He should shoot his gun, reload it, visibly wear a jetpack when you drag him around etc. Maybe he just isn't finished yet? You haven't released the final version of the game after all. =) His two-frame jumping animation is not very good compared to the other characters as well - this is especially apparent in the elevator section of the 4th level. Also, I think that you should add more dialog to the bonus characters - remember how UltraJMan finished Noitu Love (1) on the hardest difficulty because he wanted to read the changed dialog? This should be easy to implement and would give the bonus characters a bit more personality so they don't feel like tucked on gimmicks (however awesome the unlockable content is). Also, it would give people an incentive for multiple replays. It's disappointing that in most cases you just jump to the next level... If you don't want to have too much interaction between the characters they could at least say something to themselves after a successful mission...

Another thing: Almond's reloading mechanism needs some minor tweaks. Maybe the blue reload bar should recharge a tiny bit faster if you keep hitting enemies - I know! Especially if you hit them with headshots! (ignore the second part of the suggestion ;-) Or maybe it should recharge faster if you keep the attack button depressed without attacking? Almond doesn't have a special attack anyway. The problem is - things get a bit frustrating when there are many enemies, even weaker ones, on screen. Almond isn't a super hero and should be challenging, I know, but when you get overwhelmed by enemies and have to dodge them for quite a while before you manage to reload your gun to an acceptable level it simply isn't fun - it's not even challenging - it's annoying...

Third, very specific suggestion: in level three you have the first dragon fight, the fight with Xoda/Rilo and the second Dragon fight (not to mention the bamboo dodging section in between) all on a single health bar - it IS manageable but this is unintentionally (I guess) one of the hardest parts of the game. Maybe you should add a minor healthpack somewhere on the way?

P.S. I want the music from the final level (base attack/defense) of Noitu Love 2 in MP3 format! You released other tracks but not this one... It's the same music you used in the trailer... I want to set it as the ringtone in my mobile phone. ^^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:59:47 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »

the idea is that you're protecting almond I think, he's not the violent type
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2008, 07:24:47 PM »

Hmmm... Is that the correct interpretation of his character's gameplay? I thought HE is the one shooting, using the jetpack etc.

I think a much nicer interpretation would be his character being a normal guy with a gun and jetpack so the players could identify themselves with him. =)

Maybe konjak should explain what kind of character Almond is supposed to be... Or adapt the cooler cooler idea, that is, the way I see him. :-D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:33:37 PM by Lim-Dul » Logged

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

Hmmm... Is that the correct interpretation of his character's gameplay? I thought HE is the one shooting, using the jetpack etc.

I think a much nicer interpretation would be his character being a normal guy with a gun and jetpack so the players could identify themselves with him. =)

Maybe konjak should explain what kind of character Almond is supposed to be... Or adapt the cooler cooler idea, that is, the way I see him. :-D

I interpreted the Almond mode as the player taking their own role and guiding Almond through the levels.  The player is shooting and dragging him around, and he's helpless except for his duck shield.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, and yes, Almond is supposed to be helpless and the crosshair is supposed to act like an arcade game (with how you reload and all), so the aim is seperate from Almond.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2008, 12:57:12 AM »

I loved those Darn priests casting spells using the Holy Bible.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2008, 06:02:08 AM »

*cry*
You destroyed my vision of Almond as a people's hero. ;-)
Well - I guess conceptually your idea works just as well and emulates the light-gun arcades even better. :-D

DarkSoul520
Level 0

Yummy Pixels

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »

I was very impressed with the demo.
So much action going on.  Its Perfect.
The controls with the mouse are very fluid and easy to get use to.
Also.  Your sprite artwork?  Ridiculous (In the good way).

WILL buy the game when I scrape up some money.
I'm kinda low on the funds right now.

Freaking NIN concert...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:00:07 PM by DarkSoul520 » Logged

scubacoaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

Looks fantastic guy! Downloading it right now.

this could happen to you...
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »

Another suggestion for a health pack. In level 4 you get a health pack after the elevator section BUT later you have to get through: some normal fights, the handle-jumping section (that is actually much easier if you use sideway boosts ^^), the sailor fight, another normal section and then you're supposed to fight the Grinning 4... All on a single health bar again. I'm just mentioning the "failure points" that annoyed me more than once. It took me like 6 or 7 attempts to beat Hardest mode with Rilo so I know what I'm talking about. ;-)
And no, I don't suck at video games. :-P

P.S. How are you supposed to dodge the attack where Waltz makes a 90 degree sweep with a huge beam (the one where she's hovering in the corner)? I tried virtually all sections of the screen and can't find a safe spot. Even making a spin kick behind her will get you hit...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:38:20 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

You need to shield, bitch.

Smiley

SPOILAGE
By the way, did you recieve the level select beating Hardest? Just so I know.
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »

Bah - how should I know that that huge freakin' beam can be blocked by the shield that, I quote, blocks small projectiles? :-P

Yes, I did get the level select but I still can't find Shady Hanz. :-(

Do you get the level select with other chars as well when you beat the game on hardest? I chose Rilo only because you said that I could find Shady Hanz that way (or have I misunderstood you yet again?). :-P

I read his description on the forum and I deduced that he would probably stick around level 2 (there are lights and there's a stage during the fight with 02-Joy) or level 4 since there COULD be a cinema somewhere. I tried level 5 as well, since, well, it's  the Darn base after all. Hmmm... Of course I went through the levels using stage select AFTER beating the game. Do you have to beat the game with Xoda prior to that?

You could PM me the spoilers if you don't want to announce them to the public. ^^

P.S. Another bugz0r - sometimes 02-Joy announces swords but then proceeds to his electric spears attack... Now THAT is what I call a surprise attack. ^^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:56:40 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »

Ah.  Suddenly I understand Almond.  So the player must represent the rest of the green helmets with sniper rifles, feeding ammunition, and psychically picking him up.

Suddenly Almond's ending is much funnier.
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »

One small interface suggestion:

Now that I'm playing the later levels, where quickly dashing down is really important, could you change it where pressing down once in midair dashes Xoda to the ground?  It would be much easier for those of us who prefer doing special moves using the keyboard alone.
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »

Huh? Where is quickly dashing down that important? ^^

Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2008, 11:38:09 AM »

Mordecai Fluke before the big shot, Dodging the pendulums in the samurai stage, a few more places that don't immediately come to mind.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »

It can be useful for quick dodging, but it wasn't designed as a necessity.
Corpus
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »

What, why would you need to be in the air for Mordecai Fluke?

Seriously, I miss everything.
Genisi
Level 0

what

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »

I've played through this game alot, and its safe to say that this is the best game purchase all year.

The graphics are just phenomenal. Its some of the best sprite work I've ever seen in a game. Everything looks great and is animated beautifully.

The music is also awesome too. You really should release a .mp3 soundtrack or something for it. Its got a lot of memorable tunes, and each song fits perfectly. I also like that each main boss has their own music. To compare it to the first game, while the Darn Foe theme was great, I think the separate themes work even better.

The gameplay seems to catch the feel of being familliar, yet new and exciting; the sort of vibe that Treasure games usually give off. The controls work perfectly and the game is really easy to get into. The levels are extremely action packed, and have loads of variety in them. While the game is somewhat short, with only seven levels (five for the secret characters), it never stops being fun. Its also very challenging on the higher difficulty levels, but thankfully, its never unfair.

And I just have to mention the bosses. Each boss is unique and extremely well designed. In action games, I absolutely love facing lots of bosses, and of course this game has tons of them. Its just...awesome. The stage 4 boss (I forget its name) wins just because he is pretty much surfing on a transforming train engine.

I'm pretty sure I haven't unlocked everything, and I've only encountered Shady Hanz once, and even then I'm not entirely sure on how I reached him. If there is one thing that would make this game even better, it would be a boss rush mode.

Regardless, this game absolutely wins, and is the best $20 I've spent.

Oh, and you should make this a WiiWare title. It would work perfectly. Just throwing that out there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic