Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:39:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Wizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure  (Read 79832 times)
Highsight
Level 0

The Indie Insights Guy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »

It's been a while since I checked out this devlog, and it looks like you've gotten ALOT done since!  Congrats on the Greenlight, you guys totally deserve it.  In addition, those new enemies look AWESOME!  I'm a fan of how you implemented the blobs, very dangerious in high numbers.  That rogue enemy especially looks badass.  Great work guys, can't wait to see more. Smiley

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2015, 03:27:43 AM »

Saw this on greenlight. Looks awesome. Waiting for the release!

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
EvergreenLimabean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »

WHERE IS DEMO VERSION....?
plz help me to find demo link....
Unfortunately we don't have an up to date demo version at present time. We hope to have one in the future so stay tuned!

It's been a while since I checked out this devlog, and it looks like you've gotten ALOT done since!  Congrats on the Greenlight, you guys totally deserve it.  In addition, those new enemies look AWESOME!  I'm a fan of how you implemented the blobs, very dangerious in high numbers.  That rogue enemy especially looks badass.  Great work guys, can't wait to see more. Smiley
Thanks Highsight! The blobs are pretty easy to deal with until they get in really close. Then it's just a stun lock party lol :D

Saw this on greenlight. Looks awesome. Waiting for the release!
Thanks! We'll work hard to make it good!
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2015, 07:29:06 PM »

Basic Spells

Up to this point, we've shown only the Wind Slash basic spell, but we've finally added some basic spells for other elements! The effects are still rough and we'll most likely tweak things as time goes by, but they already bring a fresh look at the game. We're discussing if we want to start each wizard with the basic spell of their appropriate element or to give the player a chance to choose the one they want at the beginning.

Flame Strike Basic Spell

This spell only has two hits and sacrifices some damage for a bigger area of effect.

Ice Dagger Basic Spell

Ice Daggers has a very narrow hitbox, but has the benefit of longer reach. It also comes out quickly and has more hits!

Earth Spike Basic Spell

Earth Spike is a single hard hitting spell that ideally is canceled into other spells for maximum damage output. It comes out a bit slower, but is a solid and consistent choice.

Other New Spells

We've steadily been adding skills to all enemies! One of them is the dash skill. At higher difficulty levels, enemies who normally can't traverse gaps will be able to dash to run away or to close the distance on a player.

Knights with offensive dash and Archers with defensive dash (gfycat)

For debugging and testing purposes, we have what we've dubbed "God Mode" where the player stops taking damage, has no cooldowns, and teleports around instead of dashing. Even though it's a debug feature, we cleaned up the effects on the teleportation and found it to be a pretty cool spell. We'll most likely balance it a bit and move it into a spell that's available regularly in the game!

Teleportation! (gfycat)

That's it for this week! Hope everyone has a great weekend and please feel free to drop us a line if you have any comments or feedback Smiley
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:39:24 PM by hellovoid » Logged

Jalapenosbud
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:37 AM »

This game looks amazing! and has some interesting mechanics / abilities aswell ( i like the rogue that teleports away and dashes back at ya).
Makes me wanna stop my main project and work on an top-down / isometric? rogue-like xD
Anyways, can't wait till its out!
Keep up the great job Smiley

soulfoam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »

Truly one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. Beautiful art and beautiful mechanics. I will definitely be purchasing the game.
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »

Yeah! This is really coming along since last time I saw it. Congrats on the Greenlight and the progress!

Do you have any OST examples yet? Maybe I missed it browsing through the thread, but don't think I saw any mention of the audio side of things?

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »

Just a small update this week! We've been working on some doodads for the base castle tileset. We're trying to give the base tileset a bit more of a magic theme by adding things such as portraits that look at you as you move by and statues that have magical elements that surround it. We're still not done with it, but here's what we have so far:

WIP Base Castle Tileset (gfycat) | imgur

We also had a chance to update Ice Wave's overdrive to be a bit more impressive. As one of the earliest overdrives we designed, it needed a small revision to get things up to par with other skills. To do this, we arranged a series of Ice Wave spells in a snowflake formation and added homing properties. The results, we think, is pretty impressive Smiley What do you think?

HD Gfycat Version

That's it for this week! Thank you for reading and let us know what you! The feedback is always appreciated Smiley

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »

This game looks amazing! and has some interesting mechanics / abilities aswell ( i like the rogue that teleports away and dashes back at ya).
Makes me wanna stop my main project and work on an top-down / isometric? rogue-like xD
Anyways, can't wait till its out!
Keep up the great job Smiley

Thanks! We focused on the mechanics for a few months before we felt it was in the right place. It's been pretty slow adding more content and tweaking things, but it has been very cool seeing things come togehter.

Truly one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. Beautiful art and beautiful mechanics. I will definitely be purchasing the game.

Thank you! Although I'm always critical of our art, we've been getting a lot of compliments on it Smiley

Yeah! This is really coming along since last time I saw it. Congrats on the Greenlight and the progress!

Do you have any OST examples yet? Maybe I missed it browsing through the thread, but don't think I saw any mention of the audio side of things?

Thanks! Greenlight was really awesome and we got to connect with a lot of new fans thanks to it. We haven't locked down a lot of the audio yet and have slowly been looking into how to tackle it. We've been contacted by a lot of musicians/composers and need to go through our huge backlog to see what option would be the best for the game.

DifferentName
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2016, 09:21:38 PM »

I like all the animations and ability variety in this game! So many great gifs!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:46 PM »

Those gifs though. I'm glad i found this

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2016, 08:30:16 PM »

New Spells!

Aside from working on the Earth Boss and some code for generating environmental variations, we spent some time to create new spells. They still need additional visuals and have to go through small tweaks before we decide that it's good to go, but we're pretty happy with where it's headed!

Shockwave | HQ Gfycat

Unleash a wave of lightning strikes that deals damage and locks the enemy in place while it electrifies them for a short duration!

Churning Earth | HQ Gfycat

Summon a tumultuous wall of earth that damages enemies and slows them for a short duration!

Firewall | HQ Gfycat

Summon a wall of flames that repells enemies and sets them on fire!

That's it for this week! We're looking to make some more progress on the Earth Boss and Earth Stage so that we can show off parts of it soon! Please let us know what you think and hope everyone has a great week!

Tacogen
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2016, 12:16:28 PM »

Where is the download?
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2016, 11:24:34 AM »

Where is the download?
Hey Tacogen, the game is still under heavy development. We will most likely send out beta keys to a few people that have signed up for the newsletter for feedback, but we don't plan to have any more public builds for now.

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »

It's been a pretty quiet few weeks, but here's a quick update on what we've been up to at Contingent99:

• Completed first pass on earth stage tileset
  • Finished initial design of the Earth Boss and we're now working on the new sprites and animations for him
  • Worked on getting Steam store page up and running for Wizard of Legend. We're anywhere near ready for release yet, but we wanted to get this out early so people can follow the game and add it to their wishlist if they want.

In order to prepare for launching the Steam page, we took a bunch of new screenshots of the game and we're pretty happy with how they turned out compared to the old lot. Here are some of them:

Not much to show yet, but we'll definitely have a lot of new things next week!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »

We're back this week with a lot of updates! No big focal point for what we got done, but we do have some cool stuff to show!

Projectile Collisions

We've had projectile collisions in the game for a while now, but felt that it was not having the impact we wanted. In order to juice things up a bit and also make it clearer to the player what happened, we added a slight slow down effect and additional hit spark effects when projectiles collide with each other. Here's what it looks like in action (also a bonus cameo of the new skill Dragon Arc):

Earth Boss

A lot of progress was done on the Earth Boss this week. At least half of his skills have been animated! Here's a sneak peek at his Earth Clap skill:

We also spent some time this week to make both earth enemy skills and additional skills for the player. Here's a look into the Earth Rogue's Poison Bomb skill as well as Cyclone Draft for the player. It takes a bit of skill to use, but I've been having a lot of fun using Cyclone Draft! Pushing enemies into an obstacle with it causes double the damage and a longer hit stun Evil

Earth Rogue's Poison Bomb
Cyclone Draft

That's all for this week! Hope everyone has a good weekend! Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »

New Logo!

We've been working on our promotional materials for Wizard of Legend and decided to start on an updated logo. Here's a quick peak at what it looks like along with some fresh PvP footage! It still needs to be cleaned up, but it's a huge improvement from the previous one!

The Previous Logo
The New Logo Alone

More Earth Boss Skills!

More animations and sprites for the Earth Boss! Today we're showing off his Earth Pillar skill. I'm pretty happy with the results of this one and hope the time put into it pays off Smiley

Mini Boss Rooms

We felt that the in-between floors that lead up to the boss floor was a bit anti-climatic. Normally the player would be greeted with the shop and a portal to the next floor once they found the exit room, but we decided to replace it with a mini boss encounter that you must survive to spawn the exit portal. The room will be clearly marked so that you will be able to ignore it and explore the rest of the floor before deciding to continue. With the addition of the mini boss encounter, we've split the spell and item shops up and placed them randomly on each floor. We hope that this promotes exploration of each room and also provides a fun event at the end of each floor.

An example mini boss encounter! | (hq gfycat)

That's all we have to show for this week! Hope everyone has a great weekend and any feedback is greatly appreciated Smiley

zed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:29 AM »

Absolutely love this! Can't wait to play.

My two cents: I think the font used in the trailer video on your Steam page is a bit off - I'd try something more pixel-y font for the text like "Spellslinging Action", "Procedural generation", etc. Not that big deal since the game itself looks awesome, just something to think about if you're planning to do a new trailer for release.

Also most of ground on the maps shown in the trailer are gray - I'd try to add some colour to those.

The game flow, the spells, co-op looks AMAZING, my immediate thought was - finally another great co-op game that looks and plays good, easy to pick up, like Castle Crashers which I enjoyed playing so much with my friends.

I'm sure your game will be a big hit! Keep up the good work.

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »

Absolutely love this! Can't wait to play.

My two cents: I think the font used in the trailer video on your Steam page is a bit off - I'd try something more pixel-y font for the text like "Spellslinging Action", "Procedural generation", etc. Not that big deal since the game itself looks awesome, just something to think about if you're planning to do a new trailer for release.

Also most of ground on the maps shown in the trailer are gray - I'd try to add some colour to those.

The game flow, the spells, co-op looks AMAZING, my immediate thought was - finally another great co-op game that looks and plays good, easy to pick up, like Castle Crashers which I enjoyed playing so much with my friends.

I'm sure your game will be a big hit! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to clean up/finalize the new logo (one vector version and one pixelized version). The plan is to use them on promo materials and in-game once it's done. We'll most likely just cut up a new trailer once we have  everything ready since the one on the Steam page is quite old now.

Depending on the tileset, we have breaks in the floor that show a bit more color, but it is something we're working on. Part of the issue is that we want to keep the floor a bit more uniform to highlight the action, but it does all come out a bit samey in a way. We'll have to experiment with adding more variety on that end.

We loved Castle Crashers too! Our team sat down and just killed that game when it first came out. Lots of quirky humor and good combat, which are two things we hope to incorporate in our games as well Smiley

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

I've been following this game for a while and it's looking really great. If you need any music for it I'd be happy to contribute. I can do various styles including orchestral, rock, metal, electronic, chiptune or even a hybrid of different styles. You can check out my portfolio here: http://sbeastmusic.com/portfolio/

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic