Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 01:39:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe "Haven't played in forever/never played" game thread! [NOW ON: GYMNAST]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The "Haven't played in forever/never played" game thread! [NOW ON: GYMNAST]  (Read 1240 times)
Duckmeister
Level 0

Crescent Fresh

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

Basically, this thread is to highlight old and not-so old indie games that are really great, but no one is playing them anymore.

If you can remember an indie game that you really had a good experience with, post it here after a page of the current game has passed.

The first game, Gymnast, was set by me, and after people have talked about their experiences for a page, the first person on page 2 to bring up an indie game in the format I am about to use with Gymnast, sets the game for page 2.  Then, everyone talks about their experiences with the page 2 game until page 3 comes, etc.

[Game: Gymnast
Release Date: 2008-04-06
Link: http://walaber.com/index.php?action=showitem&id=18
TIGSource Article: http://tigsource.com/articles/2008/04/16/gymnast]

[Review: This is truly a great game.  The open-endedness brought to you by the excellent physics engine is enough to keep me playing even today.  With a level editor, a community site with other user-created levels, an excellent replay viewer, it's got all the features you want.  While a little buggy, with a few crashes every now and then, it's still something I can show someone and have fun with.]

Now, for page 1, everyone gives their review of the game, and as I said earlier, on page 2, someone sets a new game in the format I just used.

You have to play the game first if you haven't played it, in order to review.  If you haven't played it in a long time, you have to play it again to refresh your memory.

This thread is to raise awareness about lost gems in the indie community.

Thread, BEGIN!

EDIT:  Here's a video of the current game.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:36:13 AM by Duckmeister » Logged

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.  I have erased this line.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic