Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 07:49:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkReally short music for a duelling game (challenging restrictions?)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Really short music for a duelling game (challenging restrictions?)  (Read 1343 times)
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »

I have a game which could be made better with the addition of some suitable music. Normally I would either take a long time creating something vaguely passable or find an existing track somewhere online. Unfortunately I don't have the time to spend doing #1 and the game isn't really suited to #2.

The game is called Qwerty-Hurty and is a very simple two-player duelling game. Grab a friend (or enemy) and play a few rounds!

The problem is that the game can be over in seconds, and also it comprises three stages which ideally would have a different musical atmosphere.

The three stages are:
* Waiting for guns to be pulled.
* Frantically typing to shoot the other player.
* One player is victorious.

I don't have anything to offer in return other than gratitude, but do these restrictions interest anyone?

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »

What kind of genre of music would you want for the game? Also it's probably just best to not have music for the actual firing sequence unless it's something of urgency in the music like Final Fantasy V's Hurry! Hurry! track (Track 04). I mean, I can honestly not remember any music in any duel scenes I've scene on TV. Just the gun shot.

Dinner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:45:08 AM »

I can help for making a short music. E-mail me if you are interested.

[email protected]
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »

Thanks for the interest, I have now found a musician but if that doesn't work out I will let you guys know.

Also it's probably just best to not have music for the actual firing sequence unless it's something of urgency in the music like Final Fantasy V's Hurry! Hurry! track (Track 04). I mean, I can honestly not remember any music in any duel scenes I've scene on TV. Just the gun shot.
That's exactly the kind of music I was thinking of for that segment: something really frantic. Silence works really well when nothing is happening but it might do at any time. That's not the case in the "shoot the other player" segment though: you're frantically trying to fire your gun as quickly as possible. You also need music to be playing before it cuts out to silence so that you get that sense of contrast, so I'm not convinced it would be easily workable for the stand-off segment of the game (since that is the first segment).

Thanks for the thoughts though!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic