Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 08:13:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Work(Pixel & Sprite Artists Needed) ORPG Web-base Game Engine Stock
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (Pixel & Sprite Artists Needed) ORPG Web-base Game Engine Stock  (Read 1596 times)
Antaros
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »

So in the basics, I started the engine from scratch just using some previous knowledge I had acquired with my other game development, and I wanted to see if I could easily speed things up and create a web-based game engine instead of having to completely re-write and re-write the platforms for each new game. So alas at this point I have created a 2D game EXTREMELY BASIC game engine. Below you will see examples of the map editor in it's infant stages, and of the game simulator.
Currently the mapping supports a standard 3 layers and an event layer, and there is an option to add up to 2 more tile layers given you some how can't manage to work with the 3 layers in a clean fashion.

Layer 1
Link

Layer 2
Link

Layer 3
Link

What you see above is a tricky use of GD. Which will later be converted to HTML5 once IE supports it (without abridged interpretation).
As for the low down on what the editor and engine currently have this is the list:

3-5 layer support
Minor Event Scripting (IE: Dummy Scripting)
Tile Impassibility Management
Painting (Drag & Paint Selected Tile)
Custom Map Dimensions
Custom Tile Dimensions

As for the game platform...

4 directional movement (arrow keys)
Event Reading
Tile Impassibility Recognition
Map Boundaries

View Demo: HERE

Please excuse the lack of tile graphics, and poor camera quality. The editor is first priority, until the scripting library is complete. I have not added in sprite classes yet so the little guy you see is just an .gif I'm using as a placer image until I finish the sprite library.
(I do not take any credit for the .gif animation used.)

Demo Screenshot
Link

For those of you who are skeptical about the editor actually being used in conjunction with this platform here is a screenshot of the editor file I used to make the demo map.

Link

So as far as everything goes, I have a solid editor and library in the making, consider this project in it's functional infancy and just beginning to learn the alphabet. I hope you have enjoyed the little demo.

Technology:
Web-based Software - Languages (PHP/JS/GD-Extended)

Talent needed:
1-2 Pixel Artists
-I am looking for artists with at bare minimum, a solid sprite portfolio or at least 1 prior project under their belt. The job will enlist that the deviation of tileset, character, and sprite animation, as well as still-frame sprites.

1 Music Composer
-I am looking for a single amateur composer to create a small BGM and sound effect stock inventory. Please as with the other position present a portfolio of prior work, before formally requesting an invitation to the development of this project.

Website & Contact:
The project is under a private URL, and will later be moved to a project site once an alpha compilation is ready for release. For those interested in more details regarding the engine development, simply post here or e-mail me at:
antaroschronicles[at]hotmail[dot].com

For all others interested in joining the project, please PM/E-Mail me with your appropriate portfolios, time zone & availability, and what you believe you can contribute to this production...

As far as a release date for an alpha version of this project, I would have to say for a single player version without any artistic content from any assisting developers or artists, 2-3 weeks. Realistically with consideration of 3rd party contributors, and the time consumption of sprites, and music composition, I would have to say at least 3 month minimum before there is a usable stock inventory.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:41:57 AM by Antaros » Logged
Antaros
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »

Positions filled, thanks all. Look forward to the game engine coming out soon.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic