Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411591 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 06:13:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Work[shared pay] Need musician for oriental style rpg
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [shared pay] Need musician for oriental style rpg  (Read 2368 times)
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2010, 07:08:03 AM »

Hello! I'm looking for someone to do 10 songs (based on given emotions, see below), for a commercial action/RPG (unique style, more details to the person who gets the job). I have one musician doing these same 10 songs, and I want to have two of each in different styles. Asian/oriental sample cds can be provided. Pay is based on profit we make. We divide profit by total shares then pay out by share. Musicians will get 1 or 2 shares based on skill level (to put that in perspective, I work 8-10 hours a day on this game and I'm in for 3 shares). This game will take an estimated 2-2.5 years to complete, but I'd like the music sooner that that. As far as credentials, I don't have much but have released one commercial game for iphone: http://www.monster-rpg.com. The team presently consists of me as programmer and general coordinator/miscellaneous jobs, two graphics artists, a musician, and I believe once we get the project into a respectable shape, a beta tester. Our other musician has just told me he cannot manage the workload anymore and that is the reason for this post. Target platforms are iPhone/iPad, PC/Mac/Linux/Steam, and (in our dreams) Nintendo Wii.

Thanks for your time.

emotions:
-------
love
hate
frenzy
peace
sadness
joy
fear
greeting
mystery
anger
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:11:13 AM »

This probably should be in the paid collaborations forum...

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »

Somebody can move it if they see fit. There is no _immediate_ pay, that's why I put it here.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »

I could help. I have some 16-bit instruments, but a full orchestra of 8-bit sounds. I currently have no 16-bit music to show but I could make a sample track for you if you like. I could even pull a 3D Dot Game Heroes and mix instruments with 8-bit sounds.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »

Hello Javet!

A sample would be great. If you could pick one of the emotions I listed and make a tune to that, even if it's not full length that would be great. Also, I think 8 bit mixed with instruments would be great too. The other composer is using a semi-realistic sound, so I think pure 8 bit may clash too much (we want different styles, but it may be too much, not sure). If you need samples of chinese instruments I have 2 sample cds full, and I uploaded them for someone else already, so I can give you the link in PM if you wish. And ya, there is one other person vying for the position right now... He said he'll have a sample in a few days, so if you could match that you might get picked. I might even pick two people if they're both serious about finishing 10 songs...
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »

Thanks everybody. The position is filled.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »

Really? By who?

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

Are you just pulling my leg or did I really not tell you? I can't tell, my mind is going and my outbox is empty. Anyway, in case I didn't ask you, I'd like you on the team for miscellaneous songs like that mini game song.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »

You didn't tell me, haha.

Awesome! Thank you very much!

I promise to put out top-notch works. I look forward to working with you and the rest of the team.

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »

Wow, really sorry about that! I thought I told you before you went away :/... Welcome to the team! I sure liked your samples. Did I forget to show you that mini game we need music for too? :x
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

Thanks!

Yeah, you did. I'm going to have that done before thursday night.

For the main game, what will the music be like?

goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »

I have some samples. Can we communicate in email? It would be much easier. I'll send you my email address in PM.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »

Sure! If you have WLM, that would also be great. If not, that's fine.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic