Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:31:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkProgrammer, Musician, and Background artist wanted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer, Musician, and Background artist wanted  (Read 1258 times)
i wanna be the guy
« on: July 20, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »

Hey!
Haven't posted here in awhile, I'm looking to start up a project I've been throwing around for a few years, but to do that I'll need more than a couple of pixel artists who are unable to do anything other than come up with ideas and make sprites, haha.

What is it called?: Wonderbros

What is it about?: You take control of 1up and Shawn, two citizens of the "metropolis" of Suoiciled (not the final name, just calling it this until we can be bothered to come up with a decent name). While Suoiciled is referred to as a metropolis by the rest of the country, it is actually a large military state primarily filled with poverty stricken families and homeless. 1up and Shawn are two completely unrelated citizens from different areas of the city who become fed up with the way their corrupt leader, a politician who goes simply by the alias "The Candyman" has been running their city.

What genre is it?: "Free roam" beat-em-up. The free roam aspect of the gameplay comes in during your down time between missions, during this time you are free to do anything in any of the available areas.

Currently only a few sprites have been attempted as we are still working on designs for characters and the story is still in a wip state, undergoing tweaks and modifications every now and then, although these changes are happening in small areas fairly irrelevant to the main chunk of story

and to show that we've actually got /something/ done, here's the concept sprites we made up for the two main characters:

email - [email protected]
msn - [email protected]
skype - imusingasongnameasmyskypename

I should mention that email is probably the worst way to contact me, as I check it very rarely. Skype and msn are infinitely more convenient
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »

I'm an 8-bit musician. Take a look at my stuff and if you like, I'd be glad to work on this game.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
kenesque
Level 1

mover of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »

Sent you something on skype, dunno if you got it (I suck at using the program).

You can check out some of my work here: http://henaki.sadlife.net/?page_id=36

If you want me to do a background in a specific style/resolution as an example, I can do that too. I'm busy till around the 2nd with some stuff though.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »

I'm a composer who does several style of music, so anything from 8bit to Speed Metal (My forte is guitar.) I'm busy working on Hangedman's RUINS until about July 31st for the AGBIC contest. We wnat to get as much done for the contest deadline but after that I should be able to wrench some free time away from his game to do other sound tracks. You can reach me in the IRC channel under KM or PM me here.

Just curious, what style of sound track you would want for the game?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic