Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:56:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSUPER III Mobile
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: SUPER III Mobile  (Read 93108 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »

Zack have I ever told you that I liked your part in Breaking Bad?

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »

Zack have I ever told you that I liked your part in Breaking

I have heard that before. Have also heard Dexter Morgan a few times. I don't even...  Evil

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »

Dang Zack, that's just uncanny.  Who, Me?

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 31, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »

*grunts*

*flails arms around*
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »

I like this new design  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2014, 12:08:38 PM »

Yeah, so far I think that this has been the best way to show the most information with the least amount of wasted space or distraction.

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »

Another boring text-update...

The Kickstarter and Greenlight trailers are our main focus at this point and I believe that Alejandro and I are going a little crazy.

Does anyone have any trailer tips? Favorite trailers? Favorite KS campaigns?

Besides all of that, the UI is pretty much set, the player character is feeling great, and most of the first world missions are pretty fleshed out. Things are looking good. We're hoping to have a solid alpha build by the time the KS stuff rolls around, too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:43:49 AM by Zack Bell » Logged

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »

How about make a bunch of content?

Cmon dude you really just said you're going to fake a bunch of stuff to get a kickstarter going.

Come. On.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »

do what you gotta do to get your game made but at least keep that info in private, dog.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »

It's all downhill from here Sad

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

How about make a bunch of content?

Cmon dude you really just said you're going to fake a bunch of stuff to get a kickstarter going.

Come. On.

Haha, you totally know what I mean. It just means showing off art that may not actually be implemented in chronological order. Like how every KS goes "look, it's the giant final boss!" But we need funding to finish the game. Even though I just showed that it's done.

But yeah, I just mean spread out and do some of world three, four and five, even if one and two aren't polished yet Smiley

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »

the point of a kickstarter is that you are looking for funding an unfinished project

no one would look a video only showing off one or two environments and go "This Is Shit. I Dont Want To Pay For This" so im not sure why you're still (still (still (still) still) still) leaning on the idea of faking content to get more money or whatever
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:02 AM »

I guess I'm just not being clear.  Sad

Maybe it's just the way that I make games, but I prefer to make things in order of appearance. If I make a level, gif, etc of a world 2 area prior to completing world 1...it's to show off the mechanics of the area. That level may not make it into the game. At that point, I won't know whether it fits into the difficulty or the rules of the game may change by the time I need world 2 content.

That's all I mean. I don't mean scripting smoke and mirrors or anything like that.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »

Another boring text-update...

The Kickstarter and Greenlight trailers are our main focus at this point and I believe that Alejandro and I are going a little crazy.

Does anyone have any trailer tips? Favorite trailers? Favorite KS campaigns?

Besides all of that, the UI is pretty much set, the player character is feeling great, and most of the first world missions are pretty fleshed out. Things are looking good. We're hoping to have a solid alpha build by the time the KS stuff rolls around, too.
My favorite KS trailers are Hyper Light Drifter, Darkest Dungeon, and...Confederate Express (cough damn scammers cough).

This is just personal preference but I prefer trailers that are just gameplay rather than having the developers talk about the game. I feel like having pure gameplay shows that the devs have confidence in their creation, that they don't have to explain why the game is interesting because the gameplay does all the talking. I think The Hero Trap did it well: the main KS video was just gameplay and then they had a "meet the team"/devs talk about the game video later on the page

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »

Awesome, thanks! I remember liking the Hyperlight Drifter stuff. I backed it, so it must have been good, haha. I'll be aside to look up those others too! Thanks, man  Coffee

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »

before he looked like piccolo, now he looks mysteriously sleek, gg fatman
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

make a kickstarter tier where the reward is 100% of the money goes to hunter

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »

make a kickstarter tier where the reward is 100% of the money goes to hunter

Lol, other than what is needed for music, everything is already going towards Hunter. Speaking of Hunter...he did some decorative pieces for world 3 today.

MOAR.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:00:23 PM by Zack Bell » Logged

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »

Niiice, I want MOAR!  Waaagh! I'm always waiting for some new gifs from this devlog  Crazy
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: August 01, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »

this is looking wonderful- cool character and gorgeous environments... eagerly awaiting more!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic