Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: Amit Kumar

May 03, 2024, 12:38:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignIdeas for a boss theme in a demon-slaying game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ideas for a boss theme in a demon-slaying game  (Read 4665 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »

I actually like the idea of the Tarot theme.  Perhaps I'm living a somewhat sheltered life, but I don't think it's a theme that has been overused.  I'm no expert, but I just googled and found somewhere mentioning that in a particular tarot deck there are 78 cards.  I guess there are probable different decks though.

If that is correct though, sounds like a huge amount of potential material for inspiration.

If you don't go with the idea, I might just go for it myself (in a different context of course!).

Cheers,

Steve O

Well yeah. There's the 'Special' cards, and then the four faces. And it isn't used a lot, but it is used enough, and the other suggestions are far more creative.
Nétérö (Bruno)
Level 0

also LoveTheError

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:30:56 PM »

For Demon slaying Buer is a pretty nice guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buer_%28demon%29
i only saw him used once or twice.
there's also his water counterpart wish is Decarabia: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decarabia
however i saw Decarabia being used more times than Buer.
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

If it helps for inspiration, the internet is rife with top ten lists ranging in just about every topic. Maybe you could institute a theme based on one of these lists, or just pick a particular set of traits and brainstorm demon ideas from them.

As far as how you take their powers, there's always either copying their spells/essences with supernatural means, or adapting them with technology that you control. Or have fighters who are obsessed with improving, and therefore use the demons for inspiration for new forms of battle.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic