Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411552 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 08:50:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRune Masters released!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Rune Masters released!  (Read 28868 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:55 AM »

Congrats on getting an awesome artist, too! Any chance he'll post here, as well? I'd love to see art updates.  Smiley
I can ask him of course but don't know if he knows English enough to post here.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:48 AM »

Congrats on getting an awesome artist, too! Any chance he'll post here, as well? I'd love to see art updates.  Smiley
I can ask him of course but don't know if he knows English enough to post here.

Ah! Well, just send him my compliments then.  Smiley
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »

DAY #44
  • So i rewrote all gui elements ( tooltips,listboxes,checkboxes,buttons and sliders )

I'm rewriting it with a friend which knows more about c++, but he code less than me and doesn't have much motivation.
I had also some problems with artists, earlier artist after week messaged me that tomorrow he will have finally some time (why he didn't write earlier that he doesn't have time?) and I felt stupid and I couldn't tell him that I already found other artist (I told him when he was offline that if he has no time it's stupid to work together and I'll go find other artist) so I told Toxotes to don't do anything till I'll see if old artist really will do something or he won't.
Tough situation, uh  Concerned

I think I won't post anything about programming side of this project till new thing will be added.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »

Was this game inspired by Puzzle Quest? Just found out that game and it is hella fun. If you wanted some critique on this game, I feel like the current beta doesn't yet provide an engaging connection between the match-3 aspect of the game and the skills/characters. Yes, skills are probably required to win, but it feels like a weird addition to the match-3 part, especially since there's little strategy in deciding when to use them. I'm sure if more skills are added, with different effects, strategizing will be more fun though.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »

Was this game inspired by Puzzle Quest? Just found out that game and it is hella fun. If you wanted some critique on this game, I feel like the current beta doesn't yet provide an engaging connection between the match-3 aspect of the game and the skills/characters. Yes, skills are probably required to win, but it feels like a weird addition to the match-3 part, especially since there's little strategy in deciding when to use them. I'm sure if more skills are added, with different effects, strategizing will be more fun though.
Hmm, yup I played Puzzle Quest, but it was more like I found out one day that my idea is similar to PQ, heh.  Grin
Thanks!
I think that each character should have more spells but choose only 2 before fight. In campaign you would level up those which u want and then pick them to use in fight. Hmm?

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »

You can try that, as long as there are more skills, there'll be more space for strategizing, even if you can only bring in 2 skills. I forgot the heroes' skills, but if you know an enemy hero specializes in utilizing red gems, you'd bring in a skill that would destroy red gems rapidly. That's basic strategizing, but you can come up with more interesting effects where it's harder to think about which skills to bring in.

So yeah, awaiting the next beta release and all /:)
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »

DAY #45
  • Some coding
  • Discussed about campaign with artist
  • Got some concepts

God, I love this artwork!  Addicted

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »

Personally, I don't like the pink: it really looks, ehm, funky. Combined with the weird decoration, it just is a bit much.

The previous mockup, while a bit boxy, had much better color and style choices.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »

Personally, I don't like the pink: it really looks, ehm, funky. Combined with the weird decoration, it just is a bit much.

The previous mockup, while a bit boxy, had much better color and style choices.
Colors will be changed, also there will be more details. It's just a poor design mockup Wink

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 04:39:48 PM »

The portrait and everything under it is cool. My main concern is with the pink part surrounding the name. It looks like a mess. Also, does this mean every character gets a different colour? /:)
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »

DAY #47

I think that gifs are better than pure words and screenshots, am I right?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:17:08 PM by ANtY » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »

DAY #52
http://codedaemons.com/2011/05/puzzle-masters-milestone1/
[...]First week was destined for basics as far as match-3 games concern. That means proper map system, swapping gems, checking gems and cool gems movement.[...]

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »

DAY #61

http://codedaemons.com/2011/06/puzzle-masters-milestone-2/
[...]During last week we have worked very hard on our game code.  New character system along with many[...]

(official soundtrack inside this blog post and more artwork)

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2011, 12:58:42 PM »

DAY #68

New blog post - http://codedaemons.com/2011/06/puzzle-masters-weekly-updates-3-2/

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 04:35:33 PM »

DAY #76

http://codedaemons.com/2011/06/puzzle-masters-weekly-updates-4-video/

We have made a video devlog.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 01:30:55 PM »

PARTICLE EFFECTS!!  Epileptic

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »

DAY #83

http://codedaemons.com/2011/06/puzzle-masters-weekly-updates-5-question-for-you-inside/

Another weekly updates with some artwork and question for you. Thanks for commenting Smiley

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »

Yesterday I set up Puzzle Masters' profile on IndieDB. http://www.indiedb.com/games/puzzle-masters

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »

I've watched a devlog video on your site and it's good that you work in team on this game. I think that having another person also dedicated to actually finishing the game is a huge motivator and procrastination limiter.

Also the video on the Indie DB site is very nice. I like the music and sound effects.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 03:09:40 PM »

DAY #90

http://codedaemons.com/2011/07/puzzle-masters-weekly-updates-6-gameplay-video/

NEW AWESOME GRAPHICS AND NEW VIDEO

@goshki: thanks Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to: