Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:13:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Music (12 Tracks (IWBTG and MondoMedicals NEW))  (Read 119144 times)
CyberCube
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »

Hello, and nice to meet you all. I'm a bit new to arranging songs, but it's something I've always wanted to do, so I put together a midi of the first level theme from Spelunky, which I enjoy so much I've beaten it several times after getting 100% completion.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0HWPPX9I

Again, I'm kind of new, so I apologize if it isn't any good, but please feel free to comment on it.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »

I'm listening to it right now, and to me it is nice and subtle. We don't need it, but I bet that you will be a great help.  Smiley (not that you should feel committed)
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »

We don't need it, but I bet that you will be a great help.

Are you sure it's unneeded?
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:39 PM »

We don't need it, but I bet that you will be a great help.

Are you sure it's unneeded?
Well, I don't think Soul wants a Spelunky stage right now, but then again, it can be altered into victory music for Spelunker.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this. I do not like the Iji medleys.
The medleys themselves are great. My gripe is with the drum line; it's too prominent. I'd say it needs to be toned down a bit, let the melody take center stage the way it's supposed to.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2010, 09:27:40 PM »

Hello, and nice to meet you all. I'm a bit new to arranging songs, but it's something I've always wanted to do, so I put together a midi of the first level theme from Spelunky, which I enjoy so much I've beaten it several times after getting 100% completion.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0HWPPX9I

Again, I'm kind of new, so I apologize if it isn't any good, but please feel free to comment on it.
That sounds pretty good, and it will certainly be used. You may want to look into making MOD music, which is like making midis but with better quality instruments.

Also, get a different host. I like box.net for sharing files.

CyberCube
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 11, 2010, 10:24:04 PM »

That sounds pretty good, and it will certainly be used. You may want to look into making MOD music, which is like making midis but with better quality instruments.

Also, get a different host. I like box.net for sharing files.

Tears of Joy Thank you! This really means a lot to me. Also, thanks for the advice. I had considered using MOD music, but by that time I had already written quite a bit of the arrangement. Still, I'm glad you like it.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this. I do not like the Iji medleys.
The medleys themselves are great. My gripe is with the drum line; it's too prominent. I'd say it needs to be toned down a bit, let the melody take center stage the way it's supposed to.

I will be remixing it for the final release, which is nowhere near. You're right though, the mix is shit. I personally hate it. It'll be a lot nicer when I get the time, at the moment I am busy off my face with commission work so bill before thrills I'm afraid. Thanks for the honest opinion however, it goes a long way in my book.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: June 12, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »

Droop

I love the Iji Medley. But I'm not a musician, so if you guys think it needs improvement, I'll defer to your expertise.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:42 AM »

i'm not a musician either but i know a bit of music. Iji medley is cool for now but if in the future you're going to do one better just go ahead. the only part i don't like is the final part of the song but the rest is fine.
theme from Spelunky
sounds really nice man!
btw wich is the best program to do this kind of music? i doubt Guitar pro (wich is the only music program i have right now) could do good things :S

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

I'm not rewriting anything in the iji medley, unfortunately. I don't know how I could possibly do better when trying to remain faithful to the Iji OST sound without having it as shit sounding as the original.

The final part is a homage to Toms track for all boss battles up to Tor, I honestly don't know what you don't like about it because you never mentioned.

If you're going to give me some critique please be constructive with it and let me know what you don't like about it, not just that you do not like it. Thanks!

Also Brian, thanks for your support. I am not saying I dislike the medley, just the mix needs a lot of work. I don't think the medley is cool for now either, I think it's fine as it is and will remain structurally intact in the current way it is. The mix will be much better though. I won't be removing the final section either. I might adjust the transition into it though, but we'll see, chances are high that I won't!

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »

For what it's worth, the World of Goo theme is the most epic thing I have heard all week. It makes me want there to be a giant boss monster in story mode, entirely made out of goo, just so that this song can play while you beat the tar out of it.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

I honestly don't know what you don't like about it because you never mentioned.
sorry about that. i didn't liked it because was a bit different from the rest of the song but i guess you're right about the boss thing, so just ignore that comment.
For what it's worth, the World of Goo theme is the most epic thing I have heard all week. It makes me want there to be a giant boss monster in story mode, entirely made out of goo, just so that this song can play while you beat the tar out of it.
AMEN!

now you will be probably wandering "hey why does this guy frikman logs just to answer stuff and not to submit useful things?". but i got news. i'm submiting something right now! enough of stupid questions. http://www.mediafire.com/?tybzzjjyzmn . this is not done by me. in fact, it's the original theme but i uploaded it to see if you guys like it. what do you think guys?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: June 12, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »

I think you should something from the bonus song to the melody because it is awesome even though it's not in the game.
BoxAMusic
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »

For a Samorost stage can i suggest the samorost intro from the Samorost 2 soundtrack. it has potential to be remixed into a faster track suitable for a fighting game.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

Is that the song that plays at the beginning of the game? I think that could work.

I really like the part at the end of the Iji Medley. It's my second favorite part of the song, after the awesome Tor solo.

MaloEspada
« Reply #476 on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:22 PM »

So humble Chris. "the mix is shit" my ass, haha!

Can't wait for more.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »

I'd really like to make a track for this. Are there any 8-Bit tracks that need to be done?

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »

You can check the first post for a list of stages that still need music.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »

Would it be ok if I made a disturbing 8-bit theme for the Mondo Medicals level?

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic