Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:50:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMass Effect 3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 29832 times)
AshfordPride
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »

not all planned shit can fit onto the final game due to development time and shit

And they decide to cut THAT?  Why the hell would they decide to make meeting a living Prothean is something that should be entirely optional and have no major bearing on the plot.  Oh, hey, it's Prote-Magotes, he's got a few unique lines of dialogue and maybe even a quest of two!  YES SIR WE HAVE FULLY EXPLORED EVERYTHING THAT WE COULD HAVE DONE WITH A LIVE PROTHEAN. 

I call terrible writing and planning here.  Either the Prothean squadmate is written so poorly that he IS actually completely nonessential to the plot or someone decided to shave off what should be an integral part to understand and exploring the Mass Effect mythos.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

important things are cut in AAA games because of time constraints, the developers can't "choose" what to cut, the producers/suits do

example: most of the second disc of xenogears was cut / compressed because of time constraints. it's one of the most important parts of the game but they still cut it because the producers said so, it wasn't exactly their choice

eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »

important things are cut in AAA games because of time constraints, the developers can't "choose" what to cut, the producers/suits do

example: most of the second disc of xenogears was cut / compressed because of time constraints. it's one of the most important parts of the game but they still cut it because the producers said so, it wasn't exactly their choice

Actually, developers do, they have time restraints and know what they aren't finished with, tough choices are made, producers/suits are developers too, they manage.

I think it was planned early to be cut and put into dlc, as people said, you can't just decide a month beforehand to pop out a dlc on release day, that stuff has to be planned and organized.

Pushing it on release day is fine in a business sense, but it's very low against customers who has already paid a quite expensive premium for their game, it's dlc meant to make some very good profit, not to empower the game further at a proper price.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:54 AM »

you're gonna buy the game regardless, so who cares

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
PaleFox
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »

watched the actual endings (not that thing posted earlier in this thread) and

jesus christ

the laziest fucking writers

don't worry, i won't spoil it, but suffice to say ME3's story may be the most poorly thought-out of the series

have fun with your preorders guys Coffee
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »

not all planned shit can fit onto the final game due to development time and shit

And they decide to cut THAT?  Why the hell would they decide to make meeting a living Prothean is something that should be entirely optional and have no major bearing on the plot.  Oh, hey, it's Prote-Magotes, he's got a few unique lines of dialogue and maybe even a quest of two!  YES SIR WE HAVE FULLY EXPLORED EVERYTHING THAT WE COULD HAVE DONE WITH A LIVE PROTHEAN. 

I call terrible writing and planning here.  Either the Prothean squadmate is written so poorly that he IS actually completely nonessential to the plot or someone decided to shave off what should be an integral part to understand and exploring the Mass Effect mythos.

I think it was settled that, aside from a few cultural tidbits, protheans aren't that interesting. I mean, their big act was exist before the current council races and change the citadel signal. The only remotely interesting and relevant thing to know is how they looked. It's like defrosting a caveman.

Had you told me that we would figure out who shot the cannon that left a derelict reaper around and where the keepers came from, i would have bought your statement.

PaleFox
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »

the only mass effect i have paid money for is the first one and it's staying that way thank you

anyway, i can't say that i know why the DLC was made, but my money is on whatever involves bioware's staff and writers being the laziest they fucking can, because that just about fits everything they have done for the last seven years
brettchalupa
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »

jesus christ

don't worry, i won't spoil it, but suffice to say ME3's story may be the most poorly thought-out of the series

I don't have a great understanding of narrative writing, so could you please explain what makes the writers lazy without spoiling the game?
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »

Pre-purchase The Darksiders II now and receive the Darksiders II “Arguls Tomb” expansion, the first DLC pack, when it becomes available after launch. The Argul’s Tomb content pack will offer extra gameplay content, including a whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience.

Game is out until june and they are already making DLC.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

DLC is part of life now, no use bitching about it really. Nothing anyone can do about it.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »

You can refuse to buy it.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »

jesus christ

I don't have a great understanding of narrative writing, so could you please explain what makes the writers lazy without spoiling the game?

http://filmcrithulk.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/hulk-explains-why-we-should-stop-it-with-the-hero-journey-shit/

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
AshfordPride
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

Last time they did a pretty good job.  The game came with the DLC for a squadmate who was far from essential, and clearly the least fleshed out squadmate in the game.  If he was cut form the game, I wouldn't have missed him.  Of course there was no talk about how Zaeed took three months to develop in the time after the game was finished, he was just sort of slipped in.  He felt like a bonus, and it was a rather honest way to discourage people to buy used copies of the game.

Now they've completely changed their way of doing things, and it kind of stinks.

I've never payed more than five dollars for a Mass Effect game.  I'm rather intent on making that a tradition!

No, Hepler only wrote the romance stuff.

I think it was settled that, aside from a few cultural tidbits, protheans aren't that interesting.

They could've been interesting.  I don't think that Dee Jay is going to have that much wisdom to impart in what is probably a limited role.  But, I play Mass Effect to learn this little cultural things.  They really could've done something with this, imagine if he didn't know about the fall of his people, maybe he feel into some permafrost and Paully Shore melted him out.  They really could've explored the horror of waking up to a universe where your species only exist as monsters, a blight on the g-WHOOPS I FORGOT THIS IS BIOWARE SORRY I ALMOST SAID SOMETHING WITH SUBSTANCE.

DLC is part of life now, no use bitching about it really. Nothing anyone can do about it.

Guys stop talking about video game things.

Let's all talk about how hard we'll get to hug Tali in this game.  I really fell in love with her in the last game.

film crit hulk

Get behind me, Satan.

Also, does anyone know if Hulk and Moviebob are the same person? 
deathtotheweird
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »

not trying to tell you what to talk about, but no one has anything interesting to say about the dlc and you're just repeating yourselves at this point.

PaleFox
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »

it's not even that, because that's not what happens

it's that literally all your choices were for naught and you get a DEUS EX 3 style PICK ENDING NOW room with your choices basically based around how many paragon points you have picked up, complete with basically the same damn NPC telling you about the importance of CHOICES, when in fact you don't get any

it's just so fucking lazy

i'd explain more but that'd be spoilers. i guess if you really want to understand, go watch some endings. it'll be fun
AshfordPride
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »

not trying to tell you what to talk about, but no one has anything interesting to say about the dlc and you're just repeating yourselves at this point.

I'm gonna hug Tali so fucking hard.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »

30 mins for me.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 09:15:55 PM »

FFFFUCUUUUCK MY FUCKIGN LIFE

ME# can't import my femshep face! Fuck this shit.

Holy shit I am angry at that. I wont bother to start a fucking new game until they fix that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:21:04 PM by Alevice » Logged

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »

...what.

I haven't played it yet, but now I'm thinking maybe I ought not to.

Currently 2.4/10 on Metacritic.
Bandages
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »

critic reviews sure are fucking stupid

since no one is ever critical (maybe because they get money from the companies they write reviews for? great system!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic