Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 02:48:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1956404 times)
thethomaslane
Level 0

I created Phrenemies! - https://phrenemies.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11380 on: December 14, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »

Hi, my name is Thomas.

I am a software engineer by day, and game designer by night. I mainly make web / browser-based games because that's what I am used to. The inspiration for my games usually come from social board games like codenames or Blurt!.

I'm looking to learn more about game design, especially around the artwork side as I am not artistically inclined.

Cheers!

Creator of Phrenemies! - https://phrenemies.com
An online social-deduction game
Perfect for playing over Zoom with friends

Avid player of all types of games
Suttebun
« Reply #11381 on: December 14, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »

└|∵┌| Welcome to Tigsource guys. |┐∵|┘
I suggest checking out the oldest mockup posts, aswell as the pixel-art and 3d threads.

┌(メ▼▼)┘
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:54:25 AM by Suttebun » Logged
Ratgibnak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: December 15, 2020, 02:37:00 AM »

Hi !

I am Antoine, level 28, current spawn location is south of France ^^

I worked a long time in IT and last year I decided to give it a try to making an indie game. It's been a year now and I'll soon share my project with you Smiley

I am an hardcore fan of Warhammer, especially 40k. Just joined a club this year to play my first game after 10 years.

Love running and hiking, I read a lot of SF and fantasy, M&Ms and lasagnas eater !

Antoine Smiley

Follow the game development journey of Dolus !
Insta
Twitter
Facebook
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11383 on: December 15, 2020, 10:07:06 AM »

Hi, I am a former game (and indie) developer, who decided to go back to game development after many years.

These days I still have a day job which is not in games, but at least I am working on a new game in my spare time (more info soon).

I moved to Pittsburgh early this year, so let me know if you live around as I would love to know/meet other devs here (I didn't really have any social life since my move because of covid-19, but hopefully things will improve next year).

See you online!

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
Active Mars
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: December 18, 2020, 03:14:15 AM »

Hey all, I'm Dan and I'm pretty new to game development.

I've made a few small games, most of which were based on tutorials if I'm honest. I want to get stuck into working with a team, I've joined a few but they always seem to fall apart pretty quickly. I think this has a lot to do with indie devs taking on massive projects. I've decided to start my own team focused on making really small games for the fun of it. rush through a bunch of hastily assembled games until we find something worth putting more time into.

I'd write more but there's not really much to tell
PseudoFanboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11385 on: December 18, 2020, 07:36:28 PM »

Hi, I'm Sheen! I'm an amateur actor and playwright but I've been doing tiny bits of games design/programming for years, though only had 2 years of education in it before finding it wasn't my thing - or at least, the way the university I attended was teaching it. Nowadays I'm comfortable with it as a hobby. I've worked with Unity, Game Maker, RPG Maker and the languages they use but I'm currently feeling most at home with Godot - though who knows how I'm going to feel in a few years.

I like RPGs but mainly for the narratives and variety of goals you can achieve within them - my favourite game is Kingdom Hearts 2 for that reason. I'm also into The World Ends With You, Wind Waker, Undertale, Earthbound (though I admit my love for that game is largely conceptual), Space Channel Five part 2 (I'm not joking) and Spider-Man PS4 (though Miles Morales is my favourite). If I were any good at Binding of Isaac I'd probably put that up there, too.

I'm into gamedev because I want to create an experience that makes somebody feel something. Some experiences with video games have made me shocked, ecstatic, horrified, and outright cry and the dream of inspiring that kind of reaction in somebody else that's at the core of everything I try to create. I want to tell stories to express things but what I truly want is for someone else to feel as powerfully about it as I have at things in the past. Whether that changes people or not is up to chance but to have any impact at all would just be gravy.

Rolando Gomez
Level 0

Silly Bach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11386 on: December 19, 2020, 02:35:48 AM »

Grin Hello all,

I am very new to this, so please excuse my clumsiness. I am a composer for both classical and electronic music (and occasionally a writer when I feel a bit witty) who is currently studying at Oberlin Conservatory. I am eager to start working on projects writing music for video games. As of writing this, I am working on my portfolio, and I can't wait to show it to all of you. Hope to make new friends.

Best,
Roly

Beer!

Rolando Gómez

[email protected]
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11387 on: December 22, 2020, 03:34:24 PM »

Hello fellow programmers and gamers  Coffee I'm Tad, an independent web/android game developer.
I have always enjoyed seeing drawn images become animated, and programming games is one way that happens.
My first time programming anything was back in 8th grade using BASIC on an old 90's computer,
we made simple apps like a rocket ship out of numbers and symbols move up the screen.
My interest shifted more to actually playing games than making them, and I found myself collecting all the Dos games I could find. I guess back then I did what many do now with web games, always looking for that next new one to play.
Around 2004-6 Flash was becoming a big thing, and it sparked my interest in programming again, I remember staying in the same place for like 3 days straight programming my fist game, a space shooter. I made many mistakes and learned a lot along the way. Then Flash generally died off, and I switched to JavaScript and Java.  I've been working on a system that takes just art as input and outputs a fully coded game, and I hope to release it after I've tested many games made with it, in the wild.

akutales
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: December 22, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »

Hello, my name is Tony and for the last year I've been working solo on my first serious Godot project, Bellmar!   Coffee

I have worn many hats over the years, from web dev to marketing and gig work, but this is the first time I've gone into serious solo game dev and it's been awesome so far! I'm looking forward to getting connected with the rest of the game dev community and getting feedback on my game  Smiley
urodela
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: December 24, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »

Hey all,

My name is Urodela. I'm a software engineer but I work on making games in my spare time. For the last couple of years, I've been making games in game jams on itch.io. But more recently, I've been trying to release a full game.

My gaming inspirations come from old SNES games that I grew up with as a kid: super mario rpg, donkey kong country, and top gear.

Now, I'm trying to make more games that follow my more current interests - I really want to make games about different animals and their physiology.

Thanks all.
Tu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: December 24, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »

Hi, I'm Tu Phan, I'm from Vietnam  Gomez
I love games and making games on iphone.
yoishoono
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: January 02, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »

hey guys it's me yoisho ono i'm always looking for new and interesting indie games and interesting music

An evolved hipster
airbug
Level 0

Human person

View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: January 04, 2021, 01:37:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

I started my career as a game programmer many years ago, before moving on to corporate life in a $VERY_LARGE_COMPANY.

I joined to comment on some of the devlogs, as well as possibly starting my own.

See you guys around!

MG

carra
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: January 06, 2021, 12:08:40 AM »

Hello everyone!

I am a hobbyist programmer, I like to make games and other software doing as much as possible by myself. I don't use game engines, and I try to use only the libraries I really need.

I guess I do it like that because I started in the times of MS-DOS, where you could access most of the hardware yourself and got used to that haha.
crypto14
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: January 06, 2021, 03:36:03 AM »

Hello, I'm Sam (perhaps better known as Cryp).
Making and playing games has always been my passion, I have always wanted to share experiences in new and different ways.

I started multiple projects that ended up abandoned due to various reasons (burnout, real-life issues) but hopefully, this time will be different.

Goodnight, and joy be with you all.

I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Hueson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11395 on: January 09, 2021, 04:25:19 AM »

Hi all!

I'm the classic programmer/designer who can't really do acceptable art.  I've done game design stuff before I knew what algebra was but am thankful none of that stuff exists anymore as it is certainly horrific.  Thanks to the quarantine (can those words be uttered) I started finishing projects as I could work on things a lot longer than normal.  I currently have a project that should be my first real published game, as opposed to smaller scale itch releases and such.

Making a DOS inspired dungeon crawler with modern approachability here!
Javapony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: January 14, 2021, 10:42:50 AM »

Hi there! I'm Javapony.

I'm a Java enthusiast from Cold Mother Russia. I study aerospace engineering and write programs as a hobby, which have lately all been game-related. I grew up with Minecraft, but unlike many, it kinda stuck into my uni. So here I am, hosting a modded Minecraft server for da lulz, he-he.

Actually, MC is the primary thing that really got me into programming: I was browsing Bukkit plugins (for all of you non-cubeheads out there: Minecraft mods) when I found a really cool plugin that did everything just as I wanted... until I learned that it had an unreasonably long delay in a timer. I recalled using Small Basic several years prior and guessed that chopping a coule zeros off the end of that delay shouldn't be a problem. So I got the source, I got and IDE, and I got fixin'. Obviously it didn't work the first time, but it got me interested enough to look up a tutorial. And then I found StackOverflow. And then here I am, Java-pony, get it?..

Oh, oh, you might be wondering what's up with "pony". Well, it's a lot simpler: I'm a brony. You know, that guy who unironically watches cartoons for little girls? Yup. At least I'm not alone in my madness judging by my YouTube recommendations.

So that covers my nickname, then there's just one last thing I'd like to share before I hop off into the Void: open source. Open  source and free software FTW, GNU/Linux FTW, Richard Stallman FTW, and all that that entails. Sadly, Minecraft isn't free software, but at least it doesn't have DRM and stuff. There's Minetest, which I have tried but haven't had time to switch to. Check it out, it's quite cool.

Have a nice day!
bluelion27
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: January 16, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the game dev community. I started working with unity 3 weeks ago and published my first platformer microgame here => https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/777748

I'm an experienced web developer and I'm glad that most of my knowledge can be applied to gameDev. Anyway, hope I will be able to help some of you out there and get some help myself!

See you soon!
Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11398 on: January 17, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »

Hi Folks!  Grin

My name is Mike Brockbank and I was known, and I guess still am, in modding communities as Shockwolf. Unfortunately other gamers also thought that was a great name and decided to use it too, so I am currently calling myself Strongfinger.  I started modding games in the naughties. The mods I’m most known for are probably the “Mikeys Hope DM map” for Aliens vs Predator 2 and an entire open world module for Neverwinter Nights 2 called “Wulverheim”. 

After that I took a course at AIE and got an Advanced Diploma in 3D Art and Animation and Video Game Development.  After graduating I decided I would prefer to go it alone instead of apply for AAA company jobs.  So since then I’ve been making a game I call Fallen Angel: Hell Survival using Unity.

I have a Youtube playlist for that here:

I feel my game is ready to showcase to gamers, but then I found out that Steam Community doesn’t welcome that kind of thing, so they censored me.  So now here I am in the segregated world of Indie Devs away from the eyes of gamers in actual gaming forums where AAA corporate games are allowed to have entire threads dedicated to them.  Roll Eyes

Hope everyone is doing good.  Blink Blink

Strongfinger
ellipticaldoor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11399 on: January 19, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I like to do gamedev on my free time, maybe one day I will be able to work at it fulltime.

Right now I'm making a game where you learn to draw patterns to solve puzzles. I'm just exploring ideas similar to The Witness where you have to guess yourself the rules of the game while making it fun.

This is how my prototype is looking

I'm doing all this using c++ and opengl making my own engine from scratch just for fun Gentleman
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic