Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:53:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsChicago Games Showcase?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chicago Games Showcase?  (Read 1775 times)
Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:19:22 AM »

Any developers in the area that would be interested in showing off their games (finished or otherwise) at an IGDA sponsored event in Chicago?  We're aiming for late May or June.  Let me know and I'll keep your info down.

Former co-owner of Lunar Giant Studios (game company), former gamedev faculty at DePaul University. Now: Teaching entrepreneurship and design at Washington & Lee. On Twitter @jaymargalus.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »

i could try to whip something up. Smiley
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »

I might have something to show. Sort of worried it isn't presentable enough yet.

marvinhawkins
Level 1

I love lamp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:18:51 AM »

If it's in June, I'd be interested in demoing something.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

just curious, i know it's the 28th, but what is the cutoff or deadline for submissions?
Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Hey guys, details here: http://www.meetup.com/IGDA-Chicago/events/18014811/

@boxedlunch: feel free to send in submissions up until Friday.  That's just a soft deadline, though, so if you have something after that let me know and I'll put you in.  I'm jay[at]lunargiantstudios.com

Former co-owner of Lunar Giant Studios (game company), former gamedev faculty at DePaul University. Now: Teaching entrepreneurship and design at Washington & Lee. On Twitter @jaymargalus.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

oh crap, i probably won't be finished until sunday. you guys plan on having more of these game showcases right? just in case.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »

well i wasn't able to finish the game (homework to do and finals are coming up), but i would really like to and show it at one of these. are you guys doing more showcases? i'd almost definitely be able to make it to any of these during the summer. Smiley
Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »

We haven't had any serious talks about doing another showcase, but it's definitely worth considering.  Here are the details for tomorrow's, for those interested:

ATTENDEES
It costs nothing to attend the Chicago Games Showcase.  Just show up at 12pm, take a seat, and enjoy the show. We're expecting a full house. We’ll have a 15 minute break around half way through the showcase where everyone can mingle.

PRESS
No press badges are necessary, however, we’d appreciate it if you came and said hello to the organizers when you come in!  We’ll all be wearing name badges, so we’ll be easy to pick out.

DEVELOPERS
Plan to make your presentation about 10 minutes, and be sure to bring your computer with a local copy of your game or project (just in case internet access is spotty.) Also note, the projector in the room uses a vga connection. Depending on attendance, we’ll organize for Q&A either after each presentation, or after everyone’s done showing.  We’re also planning on taking video of your presentations, so if you’d like us to withhold publishing anything on the internet, let us know.

If you haven't registered to show your game, please do so in the following link so we can better organize the event.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHJCREZuQnY2ZEdyQzNxV25DcEZJZGc6MQ&ndplr=1

CHICAGO GAMES SHOWCASE

Date:
Saturday, May 28
12pm-3pm

243 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL
room 924

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic