Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 12:01:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioKatakijin Music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Katakijin Music  (Read 2132 times)
ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about making the music for Katakijin myself lately, especially since I got FL Studio 8 on my birthday. I've been at it for about a week, and it's pretty awesome. It makes things hell of a lot easier than something like Modplug. I've been cranking things out at a surprisingly fast rate, so if I can consistently make awesome stuff, I may just end up making the music on my own.

Here's one I've been working on for the past two days:

The Path Of Vengeance.ogg

It's kinda weird because the melodies don't sink in the first time you hear them, and you have to listen to it more than once.

Critiques and comments are welcomed; let me know what you guys think.

Siamey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »

Hey dude,
I really love the demo videos of the game, it looks really fun Smiley

I'm a musician, and I've done a couple songs for some indie games, aswell as remix a lot of video game music, with some posted over at ocremix.org

I'm liking your song, it definitely has style. For only having FL for a week this a big song to tackle. My concern is the production value in terms of the mixing of the song, with some elements not blending as well as they could, and some instruments distorting. Another thing that could be changed is the arrangement, because I find that although I like where the song is headed, it takes too long to get there, and then when it gets there it stays too long without change.

I don't presume to know more than you about music or anything like that, but I would say that to do justice to the game, which looks awesome, it will require a solid soundtrack. IMO, I think that probably only having FL for a week so far, would mean that there is a learning curve ahead in order to deliver a soundtrack to fit the game.

If you are up to the task, then I wish you the best of luck, I'll be excited to check it out. Alternatively, if you wanted me to give a shot at some songs for the project, I'd also be happy to (I realize that this isnt the purpose of your post).
My album of original video game music is available here

http://www.protagonistrecords.net/?q=node/71

Im really not trying to sell it or whore it out, but the flash player on that site has demos of all the songs, and I think its the best way to get a feel for what kinda music I do.

I should warn that I add alot of electronic stuff into the orchestral side of the album, and if you wanted to check out my more classic rpgish tracks, I would check out out "Prologue" "Departure" (minus the drums)"On the Move" "Smoke Spirit" and "Strive"

Anyways, give me a shout if you want any help on the soundtrack, and good luck with everything.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic