Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411585 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:06:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGood old games: gog.com - Now in Open Beta!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Good old games: gog.com - Now in Open Beta!  (Read 14970 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »

I just got an invite anyway! Grin

... But I don't have any money Tongue

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »

Kao got it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:31:14 PM by Tantan » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

So this invitation gives you the right to...buy stuff?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

So this invitation gives you the right to...buy stuff?
Exactly that Smiley

Anybody interested in a list of all available games and their prices?

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »

Sure!
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

I finally got my invite. Damn this service is pretty good, cheap prices too! What am I going to buy first... Huh?
Gnarf
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »

I just sort of randomly threw money at the thing. It seems that one of the new things I now have is Fallout Tactics, which I've been like meaning to play since a very long time ago. Maybe hurrah and possibly not so much.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »

Hum, this is nice. Most games cost six dollars, a few cost ten.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »

Indeed:

1NSANE - $9.99
Conquest of the New World - $5.99
Descent + Descent 2 - $5.99
Descent 3 + Expansion - $5.99
Die by the Sword + Expansion - $5.99
Earthworm Jim 3D - $5.99
Evolva - $5.99
F/A-18E Super Hornet - $5.99
Fallout - $5.99
Fallout 2 - $5.99
Fallout Tactics - $5.99
Freespace + Expansion - $5.99
Freespace 2 - $5.99
Giants: Citizen Kabuto - $5.99
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising - $5.99
I.G.I: Covert Strike - $9.99
Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus - $5.99
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business - $5.99
Kingpin: Life of Crime - $5.99
Lioneart: Legacy of the Crusader - $5.99
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2 - $5.99
MDK - $5.99
MDK 2 - $5.99
Messiah - $5.99
Original War - $5.99
Perimeter - $9.99
Redneck Rampage Collection - $5.99
Sacrifice - $5.99
Shattered Steel - $5.99
SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division - $5.99
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II - $9.99
Stonekeep - $5.99

Coming Soon:
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
Operation Flashpoint GOTY
TOCA Race Driver 3

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:35 AM »

Is that the Jagged Alliance 2 expansion? Does it include the original campaign? Or is that just a subtitle that I never before noticed.

Also, SHOGO is awesome. If it had come out a few months earlier it might not have been entirely over shadowed by Half-Life.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 04:52:31 AM »

Oh man, I remember playing SHOGO ages ago!
It's ace!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »

It seems like all the Interplay games are $6 and the Codemasters games $10. I feel strangely vitriolic toward Codemasters for that, then I realise that $10 is still great value.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »

Is that the Jagged Alliance 2 expansion? Does it include the original campaign? Or is that just a subtitle that I never before noticed.

Also, SHOGO is awesome. If it had come out a few months earlier it might not have been entirely over shadowed by Half-Life.
Wikipedia says that "Unfinished Business" is the last stand-alone JA2 expansion which was released. At least on the GoG.com board somebody said that it's the worst JA2 "episode", though still great.
I can't wait to finally play JA2, as so far I've only enjoyed some other games like it (e.g. X-Com: UFO Defense, Silent Storm), but never got to play the "true king" :D I guess I rather wait for the original, though.

And Shogo, huh. I don't think I've ever heard of it and judging from the screenshots I assumed there's a good reason why I didn't. Shame on me Smiley

It seems like all the Interplay games are $6 and the Codemasters games $10. I feel strangely vitriolic toward Codemasters for that, then I realise that $10 is still great value.
At the moment the $10 games are just newer than the rest, I guess that's why they chose a higher price tag.

Oh and I'd just like to emphasize again that Hostile Waters is great. It's got flaws, but even more things which still astonish me nowadays. I guess it will still take me a good while to get through the campaign. Nice deal Smiley

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »

I agree  :D I am very happy with all the prices though, really good deals. Although, I already do own the majority of popular games that are on the site, but this is good for filling in the gaps  Tongue
Gnarf
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 09:24:58 AM »

It's a stand-alone expansion that does not include the original campaign. I used to have it, but the CD broke :| I quite liked it. I think it more or less lacks the strategy side of proper Jagged Alliance 2 and is a rather linear series of tactical missions.

Jagged Alliance 2 Gold is available at Steam, by the by. According to Wikipedia it includes Unfinished Business, so I apparently still have Unfinished Business. Hurrah. Also according to Wikipedia, Gold means borked as far as Jagged Alliance 2 is concerned :\
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »

Shogo and System Shock 2 were the two 90s games I was most unhappy to miss out on.

Was this any good?  I remember it getting a lot of hype right up until it was released, about how it was going to be revolutionary and an advancement of the artform.  And then it kind of disappeared.  It seemed to be about grey people hitting one another with pipes.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

Thanks to Jeb I just got Fallout 2! Beer!

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:38 PM »

Shogo and System Shock 2 were the two 90s games I was most unhappy to miss out on.

Was this any good?  I remember it getting a lot of hype right up until it was released, about how it was going to be revolutionary and an advancement of the artform.  And then it kind of disappeared.  It seemed to be about grey people hitting one another with pipes.

I dunno. I played it when I was younger and I thought it was awesome. You could set people on fire, and they'd run and scream!

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 11:11:14 PM »

Stonekeep is a must-play for everyone who loves RPGs and/or Dungeon Crawlers.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 05:40:19 PM »

Oh!
Antaeus Rising!
I've always wanted to play that! I've heard its like Urban Assault, but good! Except its single player only. But,

woooaaaah

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic