Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:16:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS SONIC UNLEASHED DEMO
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS SONIC UNLEASHED DEMO  (Read 4512 times)
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »

Eeegra's fancy new podcast had some interesting and amusing things to say on the matter.

http://www.eegra.com/pages/show/title/05_12_2008_We_done_a_podcast_/

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »

Judging by the demo, which I just played, this game will suck asssss. Just terrible.
The 360 version... Under Par, I hope when my little brother gets the Wii version, it'll be better.

Not to be nasty, but really? You honestly think it'll be better? And you're willing to purchase, rather than say... rent it first? Save some cash? It, after all, will still have the apparently sluggish, dull Werehog bits. It's likely to be short, as well. You think that they'd bother to do something different for the Wii, rather than go the easy route and add a little gimmick?

I am demonstrably and unashamedly biased though. I loved Sonic as a kid, and the old games are as good as they ever were. That hedgehog should really lose the additional Dimension*. Don't you see what you've done, Sonic Team? There's STILL TIME. TURN BACK. TURN BACK.

EUGH: Boy, that reads like a post straight outta another forum. My Opinions, let me show you Them. I'm keeping it, but I'll keep sentiments like this to a minimum. I'm just worried Imp here may be wasting some money. And time.

*SECRET HYPOCRITICAL SHAME COUNTERPOINT. No shame in games.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:27:58 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 06:52:40 AM »

I'm a Sonic fanboy. I know the games are really terrible, but I still liked all of them (even the Shadow and the 360 one). I will probably like Unleashed, too.

Oh, wait. Not ALL of them. I don't really like Sonic Heroes. Simply because the emerald collecting is broken. What I liked about the Adventure ones was that you didn't need to master a broken game just to see the ending of it.
PaleFox
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

This thing reminds me of something I hated about Ico, actually. I loved the game, but every so often (fairly often, actually) you'd just get into a button mashing contest with some blah looking shadows which you would hit with a stick for 10 minutes. It was just pointless game lengthening and I disliked it implicitly. You'd be solving a big puzzle, looking at the pretty scenery, and suddenly it'd just devolve into boredom. It seems like this is the same thing, only more so?

I hate that sort of thing in games. Seriously. It's a design flaw that appears a lot, too.

On the other hand, I'll probably still end up buying this eventually, if only because I'd be getting it for ps2, which is inexplicably half the price of all other console versions (including for the Wii, where you get EXACTLY the same game for twice the cost  Tongue).
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »

Well, I think Sega's finally, officially lost it:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/sonicandtheblackknight/index.html

This is probably the very, very last thing anybody in the world was hoping for out of the Sonic franchise.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »

This is probably the very, very last thing anybody in the world was hoping for out of the Sonic franchise.
Yeah your a bit behind there bud.

Besides I think SEGA lost it a while ago. Someone really needs to start cleaning house and get better people in there.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »

Judging by the demo, which I just played, this game will suck asssss. Just terrible.
The 360 version... Under Par, I hope when my little brother gets the Wii version, it'll be better.
There is no way they can come out with any version of this game for any console that will not be ass. Even if they made it 2d. Yes, even then. Because you can't even charge up, and it's got those shitty timed-button press sequences that are not only already annoying as hell but, in this instance, too slow to prove any challenge. The camera is shitty too.
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were alright, but even then, the blue hedgehog was on a downhill road, then merely a grade, now a cliff. Mind you, I've never been much a fan of Sonic in any case, but even without the older, 2d Sonics biasing me, these newer games aren't just crappy Sonic games, They're crappy games. Period.

PaleFox
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 07:52:11 PM »

So, if you feel that way, what do you think of Rush, Advance, etc i.e. the 2D handheld ones? They're generally pretty good. Rush, at least, feels like the old Sonic games, which is nice Smiley.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »

No, the 2d ones are cool. I said that weirdly, but I was talking about the 3d ones. My remark about Unleashed making a shitty 2d game even was specifically pertinent to Unleashed making a shitty 2d game, not Sonic making shitty 2d games. Sonic makes pretty great 2d games. I was saying that about Unleashed because you can't even charge up, which is like, one of the things I recognize Sonic best for.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »

Yeah, I guess so. I don't keep my ear to the ground with regard to Sonic news, I'm afraid.

They badly need a head designer with some vision and discipline who can create a streamlined, consistent game experience.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »

Yeah, I guess so. I don't keep my ear to the ground with regard to Sonic news, I'm afraid.

They badly need a head designer with some vision and discipline who can create a streamlined, consistent game experience.
I think they just need to stick to the basics, and get writers form Archie comics. Sonic Unleashed would've been a good game had it not been for the Wearwolf parts in my opinion. Once they can make a good game at that point, then they can add to it. Archie just has the better plots and character designs.

PaleFox
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »

I think they just need to stick to the basics, and get writers form Archie comics. Sonic Unleashed would've been a good game had it not been for the Wearwolf parts in my opinion. Once they can make a good game at that point, then they can add to it. Archie just has the better plots and character designs.

Archie just has the better plots and character designs.

character designs

Cry
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »

Fleetway > Archie. Any day. Too bad they ended...

I have more hope for Black Knight than Unleashed. The last Wii Sonic, Seven Rings, was actually a fairly good offering because they bound it up like a racing game, bringing it back to the only worrying about two axis of movement thing. Only like a racing game rather than a platformer. If they tweaked it out right it could be just the thing to get the franchise going back in kind of the right direction.

Although most likely they'll get bogged down in the whole 'sword combat' thing and either make it suddenly become some shitty brawler when you fight or add a bunch of retarded button mashing minigames.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 05:13:28 PM »

I have more hope for Black Knight than Unleashed. The last Wii Sonic, Seven Rings, was actually a fairly good offering because they bound it up like a racing game, bringing it back to the only worrying about two axis of movement thing. Only like a racing game rather than a platformer. If they tweaked it out right it could be just the thing to get the franchise going back in kind of the right direction.

Well, so far I have yet to see a screenshot from that game where Sonic isn't holding a sword. I'm going to guess that the sword is not for platforming or racing purposes. In other words: one shitty brawler, coming right up...

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »

From the video it looks to me more like they just took the Secret Rings template and shoehorned it into Medieval setting. Switching up a bunch of the animations a bit to make spin/slide attack to look like sword fighting, but keeping the emphasis on speed. Realistically you've only got to look at the relative release dates. Secret Rings only came out a year and half ago. It's not like they would have had time to make a shitty brawler engine, what with all the stupid music and CG Movie bullshots they have to do to make the average 3D sonic game Smiley

In the end, it doesn't really make any differance to me, the only next gen console I own is a DS. Smiley

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:21 PM »

Archie just has the better plots and character designs.

character designs

Cry

Huh?
Also I don't think the character you posted was meant to be taken seriously.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic