Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:12:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOk, this is OFFICIALLY pushing it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Ok, this is OFFICIALLY pushing it.  (Read 7068 times)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »

I want Cave Story to review him.

The-Imp
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »

I want Cave Story to review him.
Cave want I him review to story.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

This shit ain't got no point! Am I fighting a lunch box? What the fuck is a HUZZAH? This shit is crazy! Ain't got no point!

The-Imp
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »

This shit ain't got no point! Am I fighting a lunch box? What the fuck is a HUZZAH? This shit is crazy! Ain't got no point!
I take this back.

I don't want him to call Curly, Quote's bitch.
I know he'd go there.
 Angry
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

Haha!

SPOILER
The first time I stumbled across cave story I downloaded it and played a bit in first cave. I thought the grafics where horrible, especially with than one layer scrolling background. I didn't like the movement or controls at all, the jumps where too floaty. I hated the sounds, couldn't he have put some real sound in there instead of that retro nostalgia shit? I hated the way the water looked, it was plain ugly, a small blue wavy line and some dots in it... And those bats, flying up and down in a sinus pattern... And the spikes that killed me instantly...

I didn't even get to the hermit gunsmith. I thought: "piece of shit" and threw it in the recycle bin. And emptied the recycle bin. And felt ripped of because it actually took me half a minute to download that piece of crap. Never thought about it again after that. Undecided

Until about a year later, I think it was when there was a small announcement about the game on this very site. Derek said it was one of the best games ever or something like that. So I was like "OK, I'll give it a shot" and downloaded it, and when I opened it I thought "Oh no not this piece of crap again" because I had forgot what the name was of that worthless game I played a year ago. But that day I was almost dying from boredom, so I played to mimiga village. And then I heard something about a doctor, and something about a sue and an arthur. And king was so mean. And then I first saw misery and balrog. And I was hooked, and in love, and played like an idiot for two weeks.

When I fought The Core and Curly died it took me at least ten minutes to get over it. When you walk out through those security doors all alone, with that music and all... When I got to the savepoint I just couldn't save, I replayed the boss to see if there was any way to save her, but there wasn't Cry

"She isn't moving"

Later when I had almost finished the whole game and got stuck, I consulted a walkthrough and discovered that she could be saved Tears of Joy So I replayed the whole friggin' thing, from first cave, and when I picked up *tow rope* I was almost euphoric Tears of Joy

That game is good shit. When you fly around with the machinegun in sandzone and digg the techno music...  Cool Ah the memories.
SPOILER

So, how was the first doukutsu encounter for you? Cave Story
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:31:58 AM by JLJac » Logged
The-Imp
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

The whole time through:

"This needs to be ported to a console."
I was hoping for like, the GBA, but then I was like, "they don't make games for it anymore! Duh!"

And I was like:
"The Core has the most kick-ass song in the game."

And then I won.

And then I was like:
"NOW I GOTTA GET THE BEST ENDING!"

Then my brother got the best ending.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »

Took me exactly 36 tries to get through Hell the first time.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »

I still haven't gotten into hell.

Also, who the hell are Soulja Boy? And who is 50 cent? Can I get two for a dolar? Do they have something to do with this "music" thing I've been hearing about?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »

No Cheater, they're nobody.

Don't worry little boy.

Go back to the games.

It's cozy there.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
The-Imp
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »

No Cheater, they're nobody.

Don't worry little boy.

Go back to the games.

It's cozy there.
Cozy, yes.
acidBatterie
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »

Took me exactly 36 tries to get through Hell the first time.

yeah, so i googled "cave story hell"
wow...i had no idea  Shocked
you've ruined my life.  i cant do anything but try to go to hell now
how did i miss this  WTF
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »

Cave Story is running like the aforementioned level right now on my computer, so I'm going to have to wait for it to be on Wii before I attempt a hard run.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »

I don't remember how many tries it took me to beat hell. I know it didn't take that long. I've done way harder (re: anything by YMM)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »

When you get the trick to leave all the hearts on the level and then go back and collect them it's not that hard. The only way I could get ballos last form however was to stand on the spikes constantly taking -2 damage :D
Labbed
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »

Hell is so nice. The difficulty level is perfect for me. It's challenging in a really good way. My time: 6'18"6.

GAAAHH I WANT TO HEAR KING'S THEME!

And on Ballos last form you should make sure you have at least 15 HP and a Missile Launcher lv 3 full of ammo. Then you just have to jump to one of his eyes (you will probably take damage from those spinning things, but only once) and fire! He will die in less than three seconds.

The purpose of Hadoukens is to block other Hadoukens.
LabChirp! | SASOD!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »

And on Ballos last form you should make sure you have at least 15 HP and a Missile Launcher lv 3 full of ammo. Then you just have to jump to one of his eyes (you will probably take damage from those spinning things, but only once) and fire! He will die in less than three seconds.

Yeah, man. I remember watching that for the first time in one of those hell speedruns and I went like, OMG, ballos got pwned so easily.

The video, in case you are curious:

Labbed
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »

Heh. I've seen that video. I was more like "Huuh? Wh- he... You can stand there without being hurt? OMG I have to try that!". And when I tried I died... But then I tried again and yaay!

Why does he use Nemesis in Hell?? There's too much experience everywhere!! And Curly already has it. Spur is better in my opinion.

LabChirp! | SASOD!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »

Spur is fucking slow for a speed run. If you mangae to keep nemesis on level 1 and have a button smashing finger, it is seriously more effective than the spur.

Corpus
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »

Thanks for spoiling the game for me,  JLJac.

Thanks a bunch.

Only Soulja Boy can make me happy again at this stage..
Labbed
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »

Spur is fucking slow for a speed run. If you mangae to keep nemesis on level 1 and have a button smashing finger, it is seriously more effective than the spur.
Yeah you are probably right. It goes right through enemies which is very useful in Hell. And if you have Spur you can't have Snake which is good to activate those time bombs.
I tried a hell run with Nemesis once. I failed. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

LabChirp! | SASOD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic