Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:08:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS MINOTAUR CHINA SHOP
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS MINOTAUR CHINA SHOP  (Read 6619 times)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »

I've been waiting all of this day for this  Tears of Joy

http://blurst.com/minotaur-china-shop/play
increpare
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »

I'm a bit *meh* about it from what I've seen (though it looks to have its cute parts).  What's your verdict?
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »

This shit is awesome!
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »

This shit is awesome!
Corpus
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:31:05 PM »

I don't get it Cry
Lith
Level 0

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »

Just play it! It will take less time to try it then it will to wait for a verdict.

Creative Director, Team Colorblind
www.aztezgame.com
Etaoin Shirdlu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »

A worthy followup to Off-Road Velociraptor Safari.

Make sure you buy additional inventory and maybe a bit of speed as your first upgrade. That makes it more fun :D
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »

I'm a bit *meh* about it from what I've seen (though it looks to have its cute parts).  What's your verdict?

Cry

I...I enjoyed Rara Racer.

Steve Swink
Game Designer, Enemy Airship
Content Director, IGF
sswink (at) enemyairship(dot) com
increpare
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »

Hmm...just played it...'twas amusing and diverting?
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »

Ha, fair enough. 

S'about how I felt about Rara Racer, as well as being amused by its 'meta-ness.'

Beer! Gentleman

Steve Swink
Content Director, IGF
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

It seems to be a lot in favour of raging rather than trying to serve customers. I earned more on the day I raged than all the other days put together.

Twas as fun and diverting as I had expected though.

increpare
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »

Oh! Just noticed that you are a FB peep.  Embarrassed

Thinking about it now, the game that this reminds me most of is Power Stone (a beautiful and lovely game, to be sure).  I think that the game works pretty well, though the camera angle can occasionally be...inconvenient... .

I find it interesting how the game has a strictly limited length (or was I just really bad at it?).  This was the case with ORVS also, so I'm guessing it's a sort of angle that FB peeps are taking in general with their games? (if so, I'm down with that).

(also, I'm mega stressed right now, sincere apologies for any offence or hurt caused by my comments).

Gentleman
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:53:27 PM by increpare » Logged
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »

(also, I'm mega stressed right now, sincere apologies for any offence or hurt caused by my comments).

Fret not!  The Internet has given us a thick skin.  Any opinion is a good opinion (the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy)...

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »

Definitely a fun little diversion, smashing your inventory is the best part.

I agree with Titch, though. It seems like raging and destroying your store is the best strategy. Or maybe I just like smashing my store too much to be bothered with customers!  Smiley

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »

This game is way fun.  Yes, raging earns you more, but I assume that's only in the short run.  See, you don't have to spend your money in between.  If you're raging, there are 4 stats that can help you out, and 8 useful powers.  That's a bunch of money you'll be spending for rage optimization.  If you're helping customers, there's one useful power (cool down), and one less stat to upgrade.  So perhaps you can get more by spending less with helping customers.

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »

Excellent game FlashbangS! I usually try to satisfy customers until I make the first blunder. Once you drop, you just can't stop!

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »

I was thoroughly amused! A very funny and clever game, I loved the customer models, they were really quite amusing, and gameplay wasn't too shabby either. I had fun going berserk and tearing up the shop, although having more destructables would be nice. All in all top-notch game, I must say it lacks some of the replay value of offroad velociraptor safari, but a very fun game nonetheless.
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »

Gentleman

Oh no worries, I was just joshing Smiley.  I rib people when they leave comments about the game before playing it. I really do like your games a lot. I hope you're stressed because you're working really hard on a new game!  Beer!

-Steve

Steve Swink
Content Director, IGF
increpare
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

I hope you're stressed because you're working really hard on a new game!  Beer!
I'm stressed because I'm working really hard correcting linear algebra assignments.  But tomorrow I'll be stressed working on a new game  Beer!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

I really quite like this Smiley To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised even - the Diner Dash kinda thing didn't really sound too enticing from the description, but it works quite well in practice here with the whole trying-not-to-knock-things-over element, and I like that you can choose to play by destroying everything too - though I personally would have liked if that side of things was more arcady (say by having a little more control and actually avoiding/fighting off the security? guess it's past that point though... )

Overall, I think this is excellent! Though I have to wonder if things wouldn't have worked as well or better in 2D? Unfortunately I get quite a bit of slowdown in places (especially with the flaming particles in the rage sections) Sad

I hope you're stressed because you're working really hard on a new game!  Beer!
I'm stressed because I'm working really hard correcting linear algebra assignments.  But tomorrow I'll be stressed working on a new game  Beer!

Hells yeah! We're working on Judith a bit more tomorrow Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic