Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:43:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIdea.....idea compo
Poll
Question: Should I do it?
Yes - 4 (30.8%)
No - 1 (7.7%)
My name is laremere and I hate voting in polls I start.....just screws things up. - 8 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Idea.....idea compo  (Read 1024 times)
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

I had an idea the other day and I thought I'd see if other people would be up for it.  The idea is ironically about having an idea compo.  I think it would be cool if there was a contest that allowed people to practice something that is only a small part that doesn't get allot of practice, and is very important to how the game turns out.  My idea for this is that first off I would chose a random topic (I also would allow for people to suggest ones in some way) that the idea that the game has to use in some significant way.  Each round also has specific things you have to come up with an idea how to handle, and other things you have to leave alone. Entrants then come up with an idea for a game that works with the theme, and within the area they need to.  After a week a poll would be put up to vote for the top three that you would want to make (so no best graphics in the world games, only practical entries).  Then after that entrants would have to take one top three and expand the idea in a described way.  This could go on for several rounds until several full fledged game ideas are put forth.  These ideas aren't in any way expected to become games, but I think it would give game makers practice in coming up with ideas for games that are more fully thought out and better, allowing for better games Smiley  If someone really wanted to make one of the finished ideas (which hopefully will be allot because they should be good) then they should just respectively get permission from the people who came up with the ideas, and then go crazy.

So, good idea?  I also wonder where I should post this, since the contests forum seems more exclusive, should I post it there, or somewhere else (specify)

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 12:24:09 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3877.0

Isn't this basically the same thing?

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:30:53 AM »

Yes, I didn't see that, thanks for pointing it out.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic