Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:41:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesign2D Top Down View Action RPG with Doom Style Key Control
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Top Down View Action RPG with Doom Style Key Control  (Read 3919 times)
polgunmul
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2023, 01:17:38 PM »

I tried to find such an obvious game (probably about upgrades of some space ship or vehicle) with GPT bot and google and wondered that i could not find some big popular game like this. Do you know such a game? Asteroids like games could match if there would be some good realization and with rotation of the map when the player's ship turns instead of roation of the ship.

Something like Diablo with Doom like keyboard control and with a vehicle instead of a character and the camera looks always in front (but top down view) and not to the North always.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 12:50:08 AM »

This thread indicates that Contra III: The Alien Wars includes what you're asking. (For only two stages, I gather, but still.)

(That thread also includes some discussion on the topic that you may find interesting!)

raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 03:51:37 PM »

If you're okay with transforming your space marine into a space ship, then I can recommend Transcendence Smiley https://store.steampowered.com/app/364510/Transcendence/
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 08:31:16 AM »

Sadly I don't think Transcendence counts because your camera isn't constantly spinning in a nauseating way.

...I know I've seen this before, at least once... but maybe only once, because it's really not very pleasant. Can't remember which game it was tho. Maybe something on allegro.cc?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic