Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:58:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignAre there any 2D Psychological Horror games in the style of P.T.?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Are there any 2D Psychological Horror games in the style of P.T.?  (Read 671 times)
IndieQuantum
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2023, 07:50:56 PM »

Hi there,

I am brainstorming ideas for my next game and wanted to move into the psychological horror genre. A game that came to my mind was P.T., the cancelled installment in the Silent Hill series.

Now there have been a ton of P.T. inspired games, but they all feature a 3D first person perspective. I am wondering if there have been P.T. inspired games in 2D.

I was thinking in making a 2D psychological horror game in the style and design of P.T. but experienced from a different perspective.

Please tell me what you think and please give me your input!
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 08:24:56 PM »

It's quite difficult to produce a premise for a game that couldn't work in the right hands with the right team and the correct implementation. If your game's description is one sentence long, that's not the time to get feedback or you are asking someone else to make your entire game.

Would I personally be interested in this game as your elevator pitch describes? No. I don't like horror.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 09:54:23 PM »

I remember a good 2d horror game that came out a few years ago called Lone Survivor

What is it about PT that you liked?  I wasn't a fan of PT.  I like my horror to have some rules and some structure.  PT just felt like a haunted house simulator.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 05:11:39 AM »

also the new version, Super Lone Survivor, came out last year on Steam and Switch Beer!

IndieQuantum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 11:27:44 AM »

Just checked out Super Lone Survivor and definitely seems interesting and worth playing! The perspective is similar to mind but instead of a side scroller I was thinking more top-down or isometric, but yea definitely close to what I was thinking of.

What I did like about P.T. was the fact that it was a constant loop, and in each loop something different would happen. I personally liked that concept. I'm just planning to make a 2D P.T. game thats all.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 05:18:04 PM by IndieQuantum » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic