Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 06:09:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: [JRPG] Light Fairytale series (EDIT: physical release!)  (Read 59338 times)
Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »

This is getting better and better (93%) The positive comments coming one after another within a couple of hours show people that are clearly interested to invest. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:15:42 PM by Arm » Logged
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2016, 05:58:52 AM »

The Square-Enix Collective feedback campaign just ended, at 93% YES!

The game is the 7th most popular on the platform, and 6th most discussed.

This feedback phase was really helpful, for instance, I now know that putting the PS4 version as a stretch goal was a mistake: I will add it to the base goal of the KickStarter.

Feedback was positive overall, but I still feel that the game is not yet ready for the funding phase, and can be improved a lot more. The current plan is starting the KickStarter around this October, with a new trailer, and a playable demo.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2016, 06:11:17 AM »

The way the hair fades is weird. It's almost as if it was translucent.

Yeah.
jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Wow this is real pleasant looking. Nice work!

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

The skin's texture and the eye lashes look good in the closeup version artwork. This is nicely done.
There's still time till october. Do you envision the ks trailer to show new footage/artwork/cutscenes or will it rather be a spoken description of the game and fundraising purpose? I suppose the KS playable demo will be the game's 5 first minutes but more polished?
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2016, 04:47:56 AM »

The KickStarter video will be a proper trailer this time. I might add a live video just after showing the game development.

The current plan is to remake all the early locations you've seen on the 2 available videos, as I think I can make the environments much better. That's why I postponed the KickStarter for October. I will also need to work on the battle system, which is way too basic currently.

The demo will be the beginning of the game, until the cut-scene just after the first boss battle.

Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »

I see. So you'll recreate the city/buildings seen in the beginning ? I thought it was already pretty nice for the most part. Looked like a mix between Midgard and Junon from FF7.(Will there be a giant cannon, too?)

I think refining the battle system would be beneficial and is a good idea. Showing short parts of game dev could also spark interest for people to invest, too.

I hope this will work so that stretch goals such as voice acting and anime cutscene could be reached.Smiley

Do you have an estimate what will be the initial funding goal or the amount asked for stretch goals such as these?
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »

The current plan for the initial funding goal will be around $50k, which is really needed for both the paid asset commissions, and for the other expenses such as the consoles dev-kits that I currently don't own (all except the Xbox One), and the ratings per regions (which are mandatory on console and quite expensive).

Not yet decided for the stretch goals. I'll need to do some researches first.

Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:51 PM »

I see for the goals.
Another popular project supported by squareenix collective named Moonlighter had around 40000$ as initial ks goal and reached in the end with the stretch goals around 135000$.
Another popular one named children of Zodiarks which had a goal of around 50000 reached 200000$.
These projects look fine but nonetheless don't seem earth shattering visual or gameplay wise.
So, I guess if people are convinced by the project outline and appearance, it could reach beyond 100000$.

4 or 5 years ago, a game like pier solar hd, to which I participated, reached around 200/250k $, but it was mostly due to the fact that fans had played the original game on the Megadrive so it was easier to convince them. Also,  A lot of projects around 2012/2013 were funded due to the novelty of ks, but due to bad management and some scams in the recent years, it's unfortunately much more difficult to secure the trust/support of people now unless you had released a smash hit previously.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:55:13 PM by Arm » Logged
Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2016, 07:55:04 AM »

I don't know if this would interest you or if you heard about this (nintendo making easier for people to develop on their systems)

https://developer.nintendo.com/
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2016, 08:47:48 AM »

Thanks for the link Wink

I was already registered in the Wii U indie dev program since more than a year, and now I also have access to this new program since a few days.

My ultimate goal would be to support all the 4 major platforms: Steam and Xbox One which I already have released on, then PS4 and WiiU or NX on which I'm registered but still need to purchase the dev-kits Smiley

Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2016, 10:30:17 AM »

I see. I guess dev kits must be expensive indeed. I think an rpg like light fairytale would also sell well on handhelds like the vita and 3ds (there's not a lot of classical 3d rpgs on these) although this would obviously mean additional devkit costs.
Rumor has it the future NX is comprised of a home console+handheld (probably the controller?)and uses cartridges.
Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »

I was thinking a reasonable stretch goal could be an opening anime sequence for attract mode (like the tales of or wild arms games) and another one being voice acting but only for major in game scenario events. A higher stretch goal being short animation scenes for major scenario events.
There also could be an optional sidequests and bosses/newgame+ stretch goal.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:52:33 PM by Arm » Logged
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »

I prefer targeting the 4 major platforms I mentioned, at least initially (PC, PS4, X1, WiiU/NX).

I might target the Vita next, but I don't think the 3DS version is possible at all technically. For Nintendo's platforms, I prefer waiting to know what the NX is, at least the concept of it. Either ways, I want to support at least one Nintendo platform, be it the NX or the Wii U.

About the upcoming KickStarter, the base goal will be for purchasing the dev-kits, ratings and paid assets. Quite honestly, I don't know yet if I'll propose stretch goals at all - is it even possible to make a KickStarter without any?

Of course, if the KickStarter is successful, I'll be able to use the funds to improve the game, but these additions must add quality or content to the game, and they will depend on both the funding, time and opportunities I'll have.

I don't want to promise things like voice dubbing, and feel obligated to include them in the game, even if I don't find quality partners, or surpass the initial dubbing budget or the required time and postpone the release just for that.

Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:18 AM »

I see. To my knowledge, every KS of this kind has stretch goals but I'm not sure if is imperative to have them.
I think pc,xb1,ps4 and WiiU is already a lot. Handheld was just a suggestion. Smiley

For the voice acting, I know that back then around 2012, when KS projects were anime in the style, there were anime dubbing studios that would contact the ks author to propose VA service, but maybe it has changed since then.

I think a lot of older japanese rpgs like soulblazer, terranigma or lufia/estopolis on snes worked really well with written text only and the 'dododo' sound of the text appearing. It stimulated the imagination of the reader when playing. Imo, VA is a nice addition, but isn't what makes a game great or memorable.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:26:05 AM by Arm » Logged
Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »

So what I heard about the nx wasn't wrong after all:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2016, 12:37:13 AM »

Yeah, though it is still more powerful than a Wii U, the devkits are rumored to use the Tegra X1 chip, and I suppose the final NX will use the next gen Tegra that Nvidia will show soon (1 TFlops?). Anyway, the NX should be powerful enough to run my games, so that's great!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:43:58 AM by neko.works » Logged

Arm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »

From what I understand, it will be only as powerful as the current gen platforms which is slightly disappointing. But it should be perfect to handle indie games. Also, the next zelda looks pretty nice and is said to look even better on the nx.
neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »

Hey guys Wink

The KickStarter campaign for Light Fairytale is live! Here's the link:
kickstarter.com/projects/nekoworks/3d-jrpg-light-fairytale-episode-1

I've also started a Steam Greenlight campaign. Please leave your vote:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=765190110

Here's a new video and a playable demo:
Trailer: Bellow.
Demo: nekodotworks.itch.io/light-fairytale

Please help spread the word! Here's the main Tweet:
twitter.com/bakanekofr/status/778273188585345024

Thanks!

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2016, 03:59:14 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

The KickStarter has been up for less than 2 days, now 5% funded.

The Steam Greenlight campaign is really successful, currently #80, 755 Yes votes (70%), after less than 2 days.

The game was featured on Siliconera! Here's the post:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/21/jrpg-light-fairytale-seeking-kickstarter-funds-first-episode/

Please help spread the word! Here's the main Tweet:
http://twitter.com/bakanekofr/status/778273188585345024

Thanks Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic