Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 08:03:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioThe Independent Games Musicians Network
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Independent Games Musicians Network  (Read 1823 times)
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »

http://tigmn.com/

Here's the skinny.

I started a new blog that's dedicated to helping, entertaining, and informing indie Musicians (and non-musicians). It's a work in progress and I am working on it everyday. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good place for indie games musicians to hang out, learn and enjoy.

Please spread the word if this idea appeals to you.

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »

Awesome!!! what do you think about accepting articles written by other indie musicians for the front page?

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »

As long as they are quality articles, tutorials or news I'd be happy to put them up. They'd be a great help and I'm sure other musicians will appreciate them. It's really what the aim of the site is about, musicians helping musicians.

I have yet to set up an e-mail for submissions, but I plan to have one shortly. I'll post it here as soon as I get it set up.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »

I like the idea a lot. Let me know if there is a way I can help out at all. I'm away for a week today but I will keep an eye on your website! Bookmarked!

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »

I posted an article about a touchy subject in the community and I would greatly appreciate some feedback or suggestions for the article. Here's a link http://tigmn.com/2010/08/the-shady-side-of-business-part-1/. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:12:00 PM by KM » Logged

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »

Good article KM. Definitely a must read for people looking to get into game music / sound design.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »

Had a post here, but the forums have been wonky for me lately. Giving me error messages and what not.

What I said in the post was I should be posting the otehr half of the article tonight as it was getting pretty long at 2000 words. Figured it was best to split it up.

And as I was posting this one, it gave me the same errors.

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:02:35 AM »

Awesome, joining the site  Wink
Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 07:57:26 AM »

Hey, thanks for writing that article. Learned a good bit. Smiley

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »

By the way, from the suggestion by C418 I have decided to start asking for guest submissions for news/tutorials/articles and etc from community members. Message me a PM or hit me up at [email protected] if you have any submissions you would like to see on the site. Title it with 'TIGMN website submission' and include your article and send it in. :D

I also take request for tutorials or articles. Something you'd like to know how to do? Looking for a specific type of plugin? Want know a specific composers rig? Send me a message and I'll see what I can do for you.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »

Hey KM, your site is looking great!  Also, thanks for the shout out... that was very nice of you ^_^

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

Hey KM, your site is looking great!  Also, thanks for the shout out... that was very nice of you ^_^

Thanks, I'm working on it every day and hopefully it'll be an awesome resource for indie game music. And no problem about the shout out, I'm glad to help out in any way I can. :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic