Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:04:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSARCIA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: SARCIA  (Read 10453 times)
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »

Beautiful artwork!

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 12:43:12 PM »

Hey there! Thanks a lot for the comments!

@Skomakar'n: The ''waterfalls'' that you are talking about are not waterfall in fact, they are crystals, this is why they are a little bit static Smiley. I understand that it can be a little bit confusing though, I'll have to work a bit on that.

During the last days I worked on many things, including some technical storytelling issues and some other things but work is going well. I designed one of the first character that the player will encounter during his journey. The storyboard of his encouter cutscene is done, I should get to the final version of the game soon enough! His name is Naolnio and he goes like this!

I also worked on a final version of the logo. It goes a lot more with the tribal/maya/masks/mystical aspect of the universe I think. I also made a new title screen for the Episode with it. Not sure it's final but it could be.

Oh and I almost forgot, SARCIA got its own Facebook Page now!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:52:54 PM by Kaelar » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »

LOVE the colors.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »

First time seeing this project and I'm stunned by ur gorgeous artworks!  Kiss Addicted

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »

awesome art. fat pixels. no antialias.  atmospheric perspective. All the stuff I love Kiss Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:47:36 PM by astrofra » Logged

delete me
Level 0

This account is very old, I don't use it.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »

This game looks amazing. I really want to play this.
Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »

thank you all! You are so awesome! It's always very motivating to see some people like what you do!

Today I did some work on the intro. It finally start to look like something. But I will not show you for the moment, I don't want to spoil everything Wink.

Instead here is two little screenshots from other places that you will be able to see on your journey in this episode!

I am nearly done with these totems thingies, some new architecture coming down soon Tongue.

Oh and I think that all the works from the past weeks make the game advancement to like 30% easy!

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »

This is currently tied with Superbrothers on my list of gorgeous pixelated games.  It really is absolutely stunning-looking.  Can't wait to see where you'll go with this.
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »

where is the binary now ?  Embarrassed

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

How can you progress so fast? ;_; I feel terrible about the pace at which my own game is progressing.

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »

So yes at least for this episode it will be made with RMVX because I am at ease with it.

But for the next episodes nothing stops me from changing of engine eventually

This makes me sad, because it doesn't sound like it will see a Mac release.

Also, it's not a very professional thing to base a game on and even worse to switch between episodes, imo, so I won't put any money towards the project either, unfortunately. Sad

It does look really great, though...

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »

Maybe I was not clear enough about my choice of Engine. I must say that people have very high prejudices against RPG Maker because not so many great games are made with it. But I assure you that when you put some heart in it, and when you tweak some things, RPG Maker is a very great engine. I am quite sure that you wouldn't have recognized it as an RPG Maker game  if I had never said it.

Just to clarify some things. I chose RPG Maker because I worked with it for almost ten years. I know it very well and I am easily able to do all the programming I want and need without a lot of work. Like I said I am very comfortable with it.

And about changing engine, let us be clear, this won't be an every episode thing. If I change the engine, it will be because I REALLY need it for some features I REALLY want. Right now I am only looking at 2 other possibilities, the new RPG Maker VX Ace that will be released in december, in japan which includes better performance and video support. Or the UBI-ART Framework originally announced at the same time as Rayman Origins and that was supposed to be open-source. But we did not hear a lot of it since like one year.

Also about the MAC Release I am not quite sure but I think that it exists some patches that allows RPG Maker Games to run on it. I'll check on that. I also heard rumors of Enterbrain (RPG Maker Developpers) asking the public about the interest into XNA and Mobile Devices Export possibilities So nothing is lost!

Finally, about my professionalism I cannot say that I am a professional but I can assure you that my investment here is a lot more than professional it is personnal and passionate :D.

I hope it is a bit more clear now! Wink

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »

Hey there people! Tomorrow, I finish my current video game school so after drinking some beer to celebrate that, I will be Full Time at home, working on Sarcia in order to give to you the first episode of SARCIA for Christmas!

Finally here is a new very rough artwork for one of the characters you may encounter in the first episode. The design is not quite finished but it goes pretty well. I had this sorta flying snake character in my head for some time so well...time to get it to live heh!

So yeah, like I said I am not quite happy with it yet so it may come to change a lot until release!

Majestic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »

those graphics are pretty unique

www.soundcloud.com/majestic8390 - My game music portfolio
For custom game music tailored for your project contact me majestic8390[at]gmail[dot]com
Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 12:47:23 AM »

Heyhey! Sorry for the long time between posts.
I had to say that I was pretty busy this last week so. Here are some little news and images!

First, I do not remember if I said it but Yann started working on some music and...it is really fucking great in my humble totally objective opinion!

I also did some new things about the main character, that took a little more time than I expected but hey it was worth the shot.

And I also began to work on the final version of the intro cutscene which will be a great moment in the game. Here is a shot of what it looks like.

Finally, the game was feature in the RocketHub Official Blog this week SARCIA - Where Indie games meet high art (Love the title, it was not my idea, promise!) Great news! Still, the RocketHub Campaign is ending pretty soon, so if you wanted to support us, now is the time more than ever! The RocketHub Campaign (Last time I put this Link, Promise!)

Oh and I did a little artwork for fun last week, before doing some little modifications on the character's design but here it is.

Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »

Hey there people!
This week I've been working on the final version of the Intro and that's going pretty well. Now I'm gonna do something else and maybe I'll come back later on it to be sure that the gameplay mechanics are wisely introduced!

So! I'm now working on a new area for the first chapter. This one is far from finished and you may notice that the color scheme is very different from the other screenshots. This is because. In Sarcia, I wish that every ''level'' has its own unique visual taste! This one is also the first that you will explore so I want it to feel very special. It is a desert of orange cliffs, blue nighty skies and white sands.

So here is a little W.I.P screenshot of this area!

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 01:17:35 AM »

So here is a little W.I.P screenshot of this area!

This. Is. Great.
I am personaly stunned with main character's design - awesome. Gorgeous.

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
Kaelar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »

Hey there! First, thank you Taugeshtu!

Second, today I continued to work on the new area. I've saturated the sky and changed the color of the mountains, it is now much closer to the feel that I was looking for, hope you'll like it.

Oh and as many comments that I saw on the internet were raising doubts on the gameplay, I'm going to do a gameplay video soon!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:28:27 PM by Kaelar » Logged

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:46 AM »

hope you'll like it.
Is it normal that this pic reminds me of Castaneda? Smiley
Pallete is great!

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
ANtY
Level 10