Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 06:24:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCanvasser 2033
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Canvasser 2033  (Read 921 times)
no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »

The next installment of the Canvasser series has entered development! Canvasser was a game about asking people on the street for money to support an important cause, and 2033 takes that concept 20 years into the future, with robots!

An early screenshot of the current alpha build.

In Canvasser 2033, you will be controlling robot canvassers who bombard civilians with their smiles and clipboards, doing anything they can to get money for your cause. You will be able to program their AI with a flexible system reminiscent of Final Fantasy XII. You will be able to upgrade your robots over time and change their appearances. And you will be a part of a compelling story that tackles the ethical issues of the future.

I am about two weeks into development, so we're in the early stages right now. However, you can play the current alpha version of the game here. I would like to get people involved immediately to help make this game the best it can be, and I encourage you to give me honest feedback on your experience. I'll be posting regular updates to this devlog with mechanical and art additions and I'll try my best to keep you in the loop so you can see this thing grow from start to finish.

You can also follow development on my website and my twitter feed.

no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »

Alpha 0.01
Play Here

Details:
  • The basic canvassing system is in. There are actions for giving the rap, chatting, targeting, and saying goodbye. Civilians have trust and interest percentages that are affected by these actions.
  • Civilians have jobs, income, and traits that affect their stats and how much they are willing to give. So far only a few of each have been implemented.
  • Robots have a functioning AI system that allows you to input a series of conditionals that determine what action they take. Basically, they go down the list until they find one that’s true, and execute the corresponding action. You can add new conditionals and drag to rearrange them.
  • The robot shows which action it is about to take next, and you can change it by clicking on it, revealing a drop-down menu.
  • Civilians have a pathfinding system.
  • Entrance nodes can specify civilian jobs and age range, as well as foot traffic.

If the mechanics seem super strange, check out the finished prequel, Canvasser to get a handle on things!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic