Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:04:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpacefights! - Spaceship design, management, and combat!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spacefights! - Spaceship design, management, and combat!  (Read 602 times)
MeltyButter
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »

It's FTL but with a greater emphasis on ship design and upgrading. Procedurally generated sandbox universe. Mining, trading, missions, combat, exploration, diplomacy.

(you might wanna click and hold on this image to view it full-size T_T)

You have your ship management window on one side, and universe window on the other. You can resize the windows and rearrange the widgets and all, it's all very user-friendly. It's not in a playable state yet. Unless you count just designing ships and playing around with them Tongue That part's pretty much done and it's fun! But actually interacting with the universe is still quite primitive, so I'm starting on that now.

There's gonna be loads and loads of star systems, each with dozens of planets and the works. You're gonna need to get resources by either mining, shooting up the civilian trader ships or completing missions for the game's various factions. The further you travel from your starting point, the tougher the enemies are gonna be so you're gonna have to upgrade your ship fast, yo!

And the ship management part is all about assigning your crewmembers to their stations, putting out fires and repairing hull breaches and busted fusion cores. There's also a Gunpoint-esque 'hack-view' where you manage your ship's network and do your best to optimize it and all. It's great.

It's my first game so I'm getting bored already, making this devlog to motivate myself.

Please tell me if it interests you. Also if you have a better name for it, lemme know.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic