Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:09:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudio~~Need Interesting Background Music for your Game?~~
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ~~Need Interesting Background Music for your Game?~~  (Read 941 times)
Forhavu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »

I am Forhavu, and have been writing digital music for quite some time.  I have succeeded in many background/soundtrack style music. 

I am skilled in mysterious, and eerie sounds, but can also accomplish light, calm, upbeat, etc. very easily.  Here are a few of my compositions, written, played, and composed entirely by myself and entirely on the computer:  http://soundcloud.com/forhavu

If you wish to use any of these songs or would like to hire me to compose more music, I would love to work with you!  Drop me a PM!

-Forhavu
Forhavu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »

Bump, offer's still up
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »

i like your songs, listened to a few of them just now

you may not be getting any replies because you don't list prices / costs though. i don't know about other developers, but with me i prefer when the prices of a service are made clear, rather than a 'pm me for info' type thing

JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »

I hope that isnt the case. 

If every composer is forced to every time they post that their music costs $X then every other composer will be forced to say their music costs slightly less than $X. 

Instead of some billboard action,a PM or (even better: email) allows a composer to understand the full scope of the project without the devs ALSO having to divulge all of that information.  Both sides being privately well informed is the best way to figure out schedules, pricing and personal chemistry.

Game audio or any other creative aspect of game development (As in all aspects of game development) should probably not be treated as a product you pull off a shelf.  Something you buy as cheap as possible with eggs and milk and maybe once a month you buy the slightly better brand so you feel fancy as you eat your store brand cheese and locally grown tomatoes.

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
BubblePipeMedia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »

I agree with Jack, and not just cause I know him and think he rocks. I've considered posting my prices up front many times. Each time I get a good wealth of reasons why I should or shouldn't, but more on shouldn't. Mmy price honestly does have a TON of factors. I mean, I could put on there a really complex formula for my pricing, but would that make it any easier? Also, as Jack just mentioned to me on messenger: what if I want to raise my rates? Suddenly people know I cost less just a bit back and now view that I'm worth less than I'm currently charging. What if I really like the game and would consider lowering my rates just to work with the team, but they aren't interested because they just don't have the money. They might not pm me because they think the prices are fixed.

What's the advantage of listing your price up front? It would really benefit to shopping around based only on price, hitting up the lowest bidder. I want people to shop around based around quality, personality, and taste. If I do put my price up front, it makes me look like I'm more desperate for work (I know this, because whenever I have considered posting prices, it's when I'm desperate for work) and potentially unprofessional as well. It also makes me seem more like a factory rather than an artist who does work professionally.

Anyway, the point is, in desperation, on both sides, we look for price up front. Usually things done out of desperation are not the best idea. Put in the time to email those who you are genuinely interested in. If they are worth anything, it will be worth your time. If that can't work with you for some reason, they can hopefully find someone who can. If your demands for work are higher than their worth, they will let you know. If you put the price up front it really makes both parties come up short.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic