Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411738 Posts in 69405 Topics- by 58458 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 23, 2024, 01:05:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPopulation: Zombie
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Population: Zombie  (Read 2338 times)
Bretterson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »

Population: Zombie 0.5 - The Prequel

A game about zombies and you potentially surviving them. Despite being text-based, I'd say the game is rather thrilling. Much of the fun comes from its thorough lack of predictability; chance plays a factor in virtually every feature of the game.

Download it here, or check it out on our site.

This game has essentially been done for a few months, we just added some finishing touches and released it. I programmed it to get started in working with C++, and I originally planned for it to be a standard text adventure, but this probably ended up more interesting.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:55:01 AM by Bretterson » Logged
Ninomojo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »

This is quite a cool idea, well done!

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »

I think this has real potential.  It perhaps isn't really my cup of tea - I'd generally go for more story and less stats - but I think this is good at what it sets out to do.

Initially, I floundered a bit.  My first thoughts were 'where am I?' and 'what do I type?'  I think you could make the first page of the help screen a little less overwhelming.  Before you start listing all the different commands, maybe just explain about advancing and shooting, and about the distance to zombies and their health.

Also, I'd love to see a part of the screen dedicated to describing your surroundings.  It doesn't need to be more than a sentence or two, but I think it would really help to add to the feel of the game if I knew where I was beyond just being 7 units from the safe zone.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »

Definitely managed to waste my time. The descriptions are ridiculous and it's not a bad idea, but I found that I wasn't looking at the text display at all, because I don't want to read through the text to see where the things I just did are. That would be solved if the display was cleared every time or something along those lines. I don't like the random chance that much, just because there's TOO much, and a lot of the stats have to do with boosting the chance. Oh, and that Necromancer- No wait, TWO Necromancers in one wave! Apoplectic

jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:28 AM »

Played it, thought it was cool. Just kept missing a lot though. Seemed like after I upgraded my accuracy I missed more. Of course, it's totally random, but jeez.

Fun!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic