Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 02:53:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHigh Score Board as Marketing Tool
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: High Score Board as Marketing Tool  (Read 1373 times)
Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »

Does anyone have personal feedback about using a online high score board to increase interest or repeat interest in your games?

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
radioact1ve
Level 0

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »

I can only imagine it does that. Great feature to build a community around. My suggestion is to use it for competitive games, but I'm sure there are many scenarios that can be ranked in non-competitive games as well.

No data to back it though...  Tongue

Zulaan
Level 2

┌∩┐(◕‿◕)┌∩┐

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »

yeah for sure it would increase interest if you keep the leaderboards legit and keep out the cheaters.

I got twenty-five cans in my knapsack, crossin out the wick-wack
Puttin up my name with a fat cap
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »

We included the new Armor Games scoreboard into our recent game 'From Beyond'. It includes a way to sign up to AG, and numerous links to the site (as well as the links we put in already). Once the game was 'stolen' and put everywhere, it certainly seemed to generate a lot of traffic back to AG, more so I think than just conventional links.

Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »

Well, I was thinking ahead in the development and considered the merits of score. (as of right now our game has not points system of score whatsoever, you can't win anymore than any other player.)  However, for marketing purposes I had thought of a T Shirt to the person at the top of the scoreboard at the end of a given date.  I really hadn't thought about cheaters... but if you need to sign in to do so, then maybe. 

My other thought is that when you reach a certain point level in the game it provides a link to a free t shirt.  And that way we could only allow access to that webpage directly from another. 

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic