Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:22:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSocial marketing experiment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Social marketing experiment  (Read 1179 times)
jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum - moderators feel free to move it.
I'm doing a social marketing experiment too. I'm giving away 30% discount codes to everyone who become a fan of my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Wolves-Games/305229676335?sk=app_215797628444679

The coupon is valid for any of my games, even the new ones. It can be used only on 1 game obviously Smiley
If you have Twitter, Facebook, etc feel free to spread the word. I have limited the offer to the "first 1000 users" (lol).
I'll make a blog post after a month or so with the results which I hope will be somewhat interesting :cool:

So far in about one day I got +20 fans and 1 sale using the coupon.

SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »

I'm interested in seeing how that works. It seems like Facebook marketing is both tried and true, based on how many pages there are, not about actual people but celebrities or groups. Hope this goes well for you, too.

The only thing that bothers me is the extensive data mining operation that is Facebook and how things like this buy into that, But even i have considered swallowing my ideals and trying to make my Facebook page that of not myself, but a developer.

jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 03:06:01 AM »

I'm interested in seeing how that works. It seems like Facebook marketing is both tried and true, based on how many pages there are, not about actual people but celebrities or groups. Hope this goes well for you, too.
Well, to be honest I don't have much confidence in it Smiley I think will reach max 100-150 more fans in 1-2 months and probably 10-20 coupon used, but not more.
The only thing that bothers me is the extensive data mining operation that is Facebook and how things like this buy into that, But even i have considered swallowing my ideals and trying to make my Facebook page that of not myself, but a developer.
Yeah! I hate that too Sad I could do this kind of promotion already in past years, but I really wasn't enthusiast to use an app to do this. Unfortunately to have an automated system (and prevent users from getting 100 codes each lol) the only way is to use a FB app. But I agree, I don't like it either.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic