Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 11:00:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMegaman 2.5D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Megaman 2.5D  (Read 5820 times)
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:41 AM »

My post was mainly to point out how almost every thread has a Super Joe troll post lately.  Opinion as fact is annoying.  Apologies for feeding it.

Quick question.. Opinion as fact? What does that mean?

see it's so fucking weird and nebulous. if i post something then it is implied that that is what i believe not that it is some universal truth. hes jsut mad is all. he mad.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »

Fair enough, Super Joe indeed is an annoying troll. But it is even more annoying that he is being fed into continuing existence.

I'm not fan of sidescrollers, either, so I apologize if I've hurt your feelings with my assumption.

as he continues to do Karoshi games i'm glad to let him troll us all Well, hello there!

back in argument.. that video looks cool, is it or it will be a real game? there are screenshots on the site too and i don't think someone animated all that stuff.. it looks like a playable game

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 09:10:45 AM »

i think calling someone a 'hysteric fanboy' is more troll-like than calling a game bad

Denial is the first step.
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »

Denial is the first step.

I give up.

Quick question.. Opinion as fact? What does that mean?

"This is what I think, you're an idiot if you even think of disagreeing"-tone to people's posts. 

see it's so fucking weird and nebulous. if i post something then it is implied that that is what i believe not that it is some universal truth. hes jsut mad is all. he mad.

You're a funny character and obviously a smart person.  Which is why I'm not sure why your posting pattern is to look for a thread where people are praising one thing and then posting the opposite opinion just for troll's sake.  I'm sure it's some schtick to poke fun of the community and their tendencies, but it's getting old.  I usually don't like to flame on forums, but between the front page trolling and all the immaturity in the forums lately I'm starting to see the quality and reputation (at least in my eyes) of TIGS go down.

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »

megaman is a bad game. its formulaic and the formula is boring. the fading blocks are really stupid from a design stand point. europe is cooler that other continents because its megaman was turrican and turrican is a better game than megaman.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

Turrican was rather special yes. I never played Megaman though. The gameplay looks rather silly to me from the videos I've seen of it in my time around the internet.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

None of those games are as good as everyone on the internet says they are.

Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »

megaman was a fun game. i enjoyed it.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »

i liked megaman legends better than the original megaman series.

i think the best part of the original megaman series was being able to take the stages in any order and getting a boss's weapons after you killed him

but it did have bad points too, like annoying block puzzles and cheap one-shot kills from spikes

WNF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »

from a design stand point.
I'm not nitpicking the rest of the thread but I hear this a lot and I'm not exactly sure what it means in context. Can you clarify what a design standpoint would be in this situation? (Actually interested)
WNF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 03:25:43 PM »

I'm not nitpicking the rest of the thread but I hear this a lot and I'm not exactly sure what it means in context. Can you clarify what a design standpoint would be in this situation? I mean, I thought it was pretty interesting how Megaman was set up considering most of the NES games I've played (and that's a lot).
Gnarf
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »

You're a funny character and obviously a smart person.  Which is why I'm not sure why your posting pattern is to look for a thread where people are praising one thing and then posting the opposite opinion just for troll's sake.

And in this thread he called Megaman 2.5D a valiant attempt at making Megaman not bad.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »

just because someone's opinion is the opposite of "everyone" else's doesn't mean they're trolling. it's just thinking differently. and it's not everyone anyway, more than one person has said that they don't think megaman is all that great.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »

lets continue discussing the shit out of a thing that superjoe said a page or two ago

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »

I'm not nitpicking the rest of the thread but I hear this a lot and I'm not exactly sure what it means in context. Can you clarify what a design standpoint would be in this situation? (Actually interested)

well if your design intends to make that portion of the game a dull ass chore, pattern memorisation is the way to go. theres parts where the fading blocks go off screen and you have to guess; and that stinks.

from A Design Standpoint there are two overarching philosophies for tackling this problem:

- enforce dull repetition where prior knowledge is the only thing that will help you

- figure out some way to let the player figure out what he has to do without dying to do it. like not make those blocks go off the screen.
shig
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »

The thing I hated the most about Megaman was not being able to duck or shoot upwards.

It just felt so clumsy.

MegamanX solved that by making you so much mobile and cool that having to find a way to get higher ground in a fight(usually by wall-jumping) was actually fun.
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »

And Mega Man 9 just cranked that up even further.  There was no way you could get past certain stages without dying 100 times first.

Turrican wasn't much better at this (at least the first one).  Shit would just spawn right on top of you unintuitively and constantly.

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »

Megaman 9 wasn't hard..
The-Imp
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »

Megaman 9 wasn't hard..
I don't really find most Megaman games that hard, I'm much better at the originals than I am at the X series, which I find surprising.

Especially considering people think Megaman is a hard game, I mean, some robot masters are annoying, and somewhat repetitive, but not to hard!
Innerscope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

Quote from: siiseli on Today at 10:25:18 AM
Megaman 9 wasn't hard..
I don't really find most Megaman games that hard, I'm much better at the originals than I am at the X series, which I find surprising.

Especially considering people think Megaman is a hard game, I mean, some robot masters are annoying, and somewhat repetitive, but not to hard!

Man, I thought MM9 was brutal, it took me about a week to beat it. I'd say one of the most difficult in the series.

Current Project: Wizard's Pie (iOS)
Future Project: Maiden Days (iOS)
Other Stuff: Blog
 & Web Site (Under Construction)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic