Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 01:19:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Rogue
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69
Print
Author Topic: Red Rogue  (Read 238525 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

Just played the latest build, there goes some time  Cheesy  This is coming along really nicely!  Great work so far dude.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »

I can't press left or right to conform/deny.
st33d
« Reply #802 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »

Ah well, I guess I'll have to let right handed people play Tongue

334 - Fixed
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 17, 2012, 09:50:40 AM »

hmm looks like you either fix the 21 levels killscreen or added more levels.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 17, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

Me neither, but only if Dogmatic Mode is on
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

Also, I got the impression I could still disarm traps while stunned (an enemy almost bumped me into one when he fell on me, so I tried disarming it, and succeeded). Not sure if that's supposed to happen.
rygzengrho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 17, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »

Hey! I just wanted to ask, can I donate you 10 bucks or something, for your great work?  Hand Money Right
st33d
« Reply #807 on: March 17, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »

Me neither, but only if Dogmatic Mode is on

Cocked up the logic there as well. I was testing a clean keypress by waiting for no keys to be pressed. In dogmatic mode, time only passes when you press a key.

Fixed - 335

Hey! I just wanted to ask, can I donate you 10 bucks or something, for your great work?  Hand Money Right

I really want to make the game that I wanted to make. Not a product.

Perhaps when it's finished.
st33d
« Reply #808 on: March 17, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »

hmm looks like you either fix the 21 levels killscreen or added more levels.

Not sure if grammar or reporting bug.

There are supposed to be infinite levels. The end-game boss is trying to kill you with the dungeon. He'll be running away a lot.

Also, I got the impression I could still disarm traps while stunned (an enemy almost bumped me into one when he fell on me, so I tried disarming it, and succeeded). Not sure if that's supposed to happen.

I could disable trap disarming in such a situation easily. But I'm not sure it affects gameplay that much. If someone else thinks it's inconsistent as well then I'll put an end to disarming traps with a bricked action bar.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: March 17, 2012, 06:15:30 PM »

I'd definitely want to donate, and I don't think donating means that we'd want to pay you for getting this 'product', but rather that we want to thank you for making it and giving a donation is the easiest way to actually show this in some (relatively) concrete way.

st33d
« Reply #810 on: March 18, 2012, 03:48:05 AM »

I really need the freedom to make controversial changes.

I think taking money at this stage will impede that because I have a fairly strong sense of honor, and will respect sponsors even though I shouldn't.

When it's finished.
st33d
« Reply #811 on: March 18, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »

Small Update 336

Updated the enchantment option. It now leads into split weapon and armour lists.

All inventory options now bounce back to their category list or the root menu if nothing is in that category.

There was a bug in the bounce back code that would crash the menu, so that may have solved some other issues.

I've given up on a secondary enchant option as it was far more complicated than the standard one and I think the bounce back being reliable is better and simpler.
zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #812 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »

I really need the freedom to make controversial changes.

I think taking money at this stage will impede that because I have a fairly strong sense of honor, and will respect sponsors even though I shouldn't.

When it's finished.

Maybe we need an anonymous patron system, so you don't know who is supporting you and can't be held accountable to them Smiley

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
rygzengrho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 19, 2012, 02:43:42 AM »

A small bug report: if you die once, then start a new game and try to enchant something, menu hangs and the only way to fix it is to reload the game.
st33d
« Reply #814 on: March 19, 2012, 02:45:58 AM »

Cheers - will fix tonight.
st33d
« Reply #815 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:28 PM »

Small Update 337

Fixed that issue. The menu wasn't resetting properly.

The cursed state is now refactored to "holy state". The Give Item debug menu now allows the full range of cursed or blessed settings.

The Identify rune will now reveal hidden cursed items in the inventory when eaten by the rogue.

Enchanting items will no longer have a chance of cursing items. Instead, blessed and cursed items will be found at a 1:20 rate from level 6 onwards.
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

Maybe we need an anonymous patron system, so you don't know who is supporting you and can't be held accountable to them Smiley

Ain't flattr supposed to address that? If anybody actually used it, that is.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
st33d
« Reply #817 on: March 20, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

Small Update 338

The experience bar will now go red at level 20 and the player will no longer receive experience at level 20.

In the Caves zone chaos walls now crumble instead of sprouting cogs and sliding back (looks out of place in a cave anyway). The danger with crumbling chaos walls is that they can spawn golems with a probability of 1:20. In the Chaos zone the chaos walls have a 1:5 chance of crumbling with the same spawn probability for golems.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: March 20, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »

I used identify on the weapon in my throwing hand, and it turned out to be cursed. I was then able to equip another item in my throwing hand, so now I have three weapons equipped. After unequipping my main weapon, I couldn't put another one on though. I guess I was like holding both a knife and a dagger in one hand and stabbing people with both at once. That's pretty cool.

EDIT: Actually wait, I can still equip weapons in both hands. My cursed dagger is in some sort of limbo.

Definitely three weapons there.

EDIT2: I managed to get another weapon in limbo and have four weapons equipped now. The newest limbo weapon isn't even cursed. It seems that sometimes throwing hand weapons get unset to trowing but not unequipped. Might have to do with leveling.

EDIT3: I had undead on my limbo weapon and not on any others, and I still summoned portals sometimes so the limbo weapons seem to stack with my normal weapon, or at least the enchantments.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:31:59 PM by mokesmoe » Logged
st33d
« Reply #819 on: March 21, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »

The enchantment process unequips and item whilst applying changes and then re-equips it afterwards. I'd left out checking if the item had been in one's throwing hand.

Cheers for this, it's been broken for a while (you wouldn't have had stacked damage though - there's a clear "weapon" and "throwable" that the stats are taken from).

Fixed - 339.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic