Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 07:54:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsTIGCastTIGcast Official Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: TIGcast Official Discussion Thread  (Read 51187 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2010, 12:32:14 AM »

Dragonmaw have you thought about getting someone else to edit these episodes? I'm quite interested in the show but doing a weekly podcast seems self-defeating if the episodes then are just left to gather dust until some unspecified point in the future when you'll find time to put them together.

I'm not trying to be mean, I do a podcast myself (and had to edit a 7 person mess of a special episode over Christmas) so am well aware of the work involved but I just think in the best interests of the show if you've not got time to do it perhaps someone else does?
Alec Stamos (malec2b) is doing the post-processing job on the latest episode. If it goes well and he has the time, I might offload the responsibility to him until I'm better suited to edit on a regular basis.
godsavant
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2010, 07:18:32 AM »

Dragonmaw have you thought about getting someone else to edit these episodes? I'm quite interested in the show but doing a weekly podcast seems self-defeating if the episodes then are just left to gather dust until some unspecified point in the future when you'll find time to put them together.

I'm not trying to be mean, I do a podcast myself (and had to edit a 7 person mess of a special episode over Christmas) so am well aware of the work involved but I just think in the best interests of the show if you've not got time to do it perhaps someone else does?
Alec Stamos (malec2b) is doing the post-processing job on the latest episode. If it goes well and he has the time, I might offload the responsibility to him until I'm better suited to edit on a regular basis.

Of course, that will require granting him Moderator status.  Well, hello there!
Dragonmaw
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »

Of course, that will require granting him Moderator status.  Well, hello there!
Yep, if malec2b takes up editing then he should be a mod as well.
Balrog
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »

I listened to episodes 1 & 2 over the weekend and episode 2 really left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The what-you're-playing section was alright but the 30 minute long bitch session about Activision and MW 2 really turned me off. I guess I downloaded the podcast with the hope that the majority of the conversation would be about interesting stuff going on in the indie community, not the same, tired conversation that every gaming podcast has gone on and on about.

The latter half of the episode which was complaining about Cave Story's lack of port to other systems and Nicalis denying the use of Quote for Indie Brawl was pretty childish I thought. The sense of entitlement about the whole thing was just weird. I mean, Nicalis is doing the port so he's deciding which system to put it on but it was like the people on the podcast felt like they were entitled to a port on PC/Mac/etc. I'd hate to make a game then have a community of people tell me that if I don't port it to the system they want then I'm a piece of shit.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

Yeah, #2 was a bit of a weak episode for us.  I think they got better after that (hopefully some of those will be released soon...)

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2010, 03:43:06 AM »

Maybe capping times on each talking discussion without verbalising it would make the show flow that little bit better. Just a bit of friendly advice  Beer!

godsavant
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »

FYI, we really need people to fill out the third/fourth seats for the next podcast tomorrow. Go to the UPCOMING thread and sign up!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »

Just in case I decide to join in some time: do you have to supply your official name? I'd rather not.
godsavant
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »

Just in case I decide to join in some time: do you have to supply your official name? I'd rather not.
We usually do, but it's not required; and even if you accidentally let it slip, we can just edit it out.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »

We usually do, but it's not required; and even if you accidentally let it slip, we can just edit it out.

Ah, thanks. Glad to hear that!
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2010, 03:42:20 AM »

Can I make you a new name? And you can carry with you through life?

If so, you can be... Yewbly. Yes. Yewb-ly.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »

Can I make you a new name? And you can carry with you through life?

If so, you can be... Yewbly. Yes. Yewb-ly.

Yewbly McHoppingscotch.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »

Alec, how goes the episodes?

I've set up an XML feed for the episodes so we can submit the feed to iTunes. All I have to do is wait for my server to come back and we'll be ready to set up TIGcast on iTunes!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

I've been busy with school stuff, but I should have time over the weekend.  I'll try to get at least one of the episodes finished.

Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2010, 11:57:44 AM »

Thanks for these podcast, it's great. I enjoy listening to podcasts as I work with my games or as I go to sleep, but I've mostly been listening to fighting game related podcasts until now (if anyone's curious, there's quite a bunch of those: alphaism, gootecks, wakeup shoryuken, iplaywinner, iamtekken, denjin podcast etc...)
So this podcast has kind of broadened my horizons for podcasts.
godsavant
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »

Thanks for these podcast, it's great. I enjoy listening to podcasts as I work with my games or as I go to sleep, but I've mostly been listening to fighting game related podcasts until now (if anyone's curious, there's quite a bunch of those: alphaism, gootecks, wakeup shoryuken, iplaywinner, iamtekken, denjin podcast etc...)
So this podcast has kind of broadened my horizons for podcasts.

Kudos for the encouragement, we've been in kind of low spirits b/c of the ever-growing delays between episodes and general apathy (even stigma) from the general TIGS community and various indie developers. 

James, could you send your audio to Alec already?
Dragonmaw
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »

Already did.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »

But you forgot to include the download link, which I sent you an email about a while ago, but I haven't gotten a response.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »

I just wanted to post and say that I really like these. I hope that it doesn't stop any time soon. I wish it was a bit more prominent on the forums.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »

Hey, just letting you know that I won't be online to do a TIGCast this weekend, since I'm on vacation and there isn't much internet access here, and also that you guys should send me the audio for the last TIGCast.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic