Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:39:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1964170 times)
piotrj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: July 23, 2015, 12:08:08 PM »

Hi! My name is Piotr and I'm from Poland. Currently I'm working on a PC strategy/sim game. I'm a programmer by trade.
jtaglione
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:34 AM »

Hello, I'm Jonathan from France.
Currently working as a quality engineer, I have a background in programming/computer science, and I develop games in my spare time. My main interest ins in game design.

I will present my two small, finished android games in the announcements forum (not sure I understood completely the rules...)

I am currently working on another small android puzzle game, this time done with jMonkeyEngine, this is still a solo project, but for the future I have other more ambitious projects in mind and may seek partners, especially in the art department Smiley

Jonathan
Orme
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: July 24, 2015, 11:19:32 AM »

Well Hello,

I'm a dev ( yeah, programmer, project manager etc.)

Galactic Pizza on Mod DB :
KingVrox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8783 on: July 24, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »

Hey, so I'm a college student, I taught myself Java a few years ago and have made a few cool games, but nothing published. Working on an android game now.
Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8784 on: July 24, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »

Hi guys, I'm Pearl Pixel, aka Alex (in real life).

I've lurked around the audio forums and participated there, but never really had a reason to venture out until this summer where I've landed an internship working for 4 mobile games and life from there has gotten super crazy! I've learned a lot about QA, builds, teamwork, and more.

I got into games by playing Donkey Kong 64 since I was 5(of course I still play the crap out of that game). And the composer Grant Kirkhope is who inspired me to get into music for games!

As many many other people, I love playing on steam. Portal and Don't Starve are among my favorites ~ Anybody else like Don't Starve Together? I've found that there's a little niche to that game, but now it's on the app store so the audience is sure to grow tremendously!

Anyway that's my spiel, I'll be in the Audio forums for the most part if you ever need me Smiley

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
Lukan Spellweaver
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8785 on: July 24, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »

Hi!
My name is Lukan Spellweaver, well online it is anyway.
My friends call me Lukan, but that's Mr.Spellweaver to you!(jk)

I have been lurking around here for a while now, mostly in the devlogs forums.
I have been drafting a devlog of my own for a project that's almost a year old now.
My business partner said this is a great place for feedback on my game, I hope he's right!

I'm not really good at these hello topics... I lurked the GameMaker forums for years before I talked to anyone.
So, that's all I have to say...

I'm going to make an excellent devlog for my game now, Look for Homestead in the devlogs forum!
NZBeastMode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: July 24, 2015, 11:39:38 PM »

Hello,

We are Beast Mode Studios, a group of seven final year game development students (4 artists, 3 programmers) from Media Design School in Auckland, New Zealand.  We are working toward a final year production project in the form of a third-person action brawler we have called Upheaval.

We've been working together for about 4 months now and loving the process of collaborative game development.  All of us have enjoyed playing games for quite a few years now and we're also getting to further our skills related to the process of making them.

None of us have been much involved in the general game development community so we're liking the process of communicating with people on Twitter and at local meetup events and getting further into the global game development community.

Hope to catch up with you around the TIGForums also over the coming months!

Beast Mode Studios Noir

Follow us on Twitter @NZBeastmode! 
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/NZBeastmode
Mightymcc21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »

Hey, I'm Sean/Mightymcc. I've been browsing this site for a while and decided to start being an active member. You might see me around asking questions or presenting game builds. I'm primarily a programmer but am slowly learning art and design.
doczal
Level 0

Hobbyist

View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: July 26, 2015, 07:03:53 AM »

Hi there! I'm a hobbyist programmer/artist and I've been lurking around the DevLogs forum here for a long time before finally deciding to register an account. I'm currently working on a mobile game with a group of friends and plan to post our progress in the DevLogs section!

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8789 on: July 26, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »

Hello Guys! My name is Rodolfo Rubens, I'm a Brazilian indie game developer!

I made a couple of games in my 4 years trying to enter in the industry and a some other jobs, you can check my portfolio here: http://be.net/rodolforubens

If you want to follow me on twitter: @yorkgamestudio, if you post stuff relevant to gamedev I will follow you back!

I don't know why I haven't registered here before.

HalfTower
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8790 on: July 26, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

We're Half Tower, a team of four awesome people. We're two artists and two programmers doing our final year of game development at Media Design School in Auckland, New Zealand. (you might be seeing lots of us from Media Design School around soon)

We're looking forward to showing our development process publicly and getting feedback, as well as meeting other developers. We've been working on our game for about 3-4 months, starting with lots of prototypes and refining the direction we want to go. We settled on a 3D rogue-like with an isometric/top down view.

Look out for us in the Devlog forum, we'll be updating weekly!

Follow us on twitter @HalfTower
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: July 26, 2015, 11:45:24 PM »

Sup folks! My name's Andy, and I'm a recent CS graduate looking to get into the game industry.  Mostly a code monkey but I've been trying to work on my art-ing skills as well.  Been learning shader writing and particle effects in Unity as of late and cranking on a prototype for a small game I'm working on.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Will Sykes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: July 27, 2015, 05:26:31 AM »

Hi all!

I am Will, I have been in the games industry since 1999 but recently decided to have a crack at making my own games.
I am an expert programmer but have acquired passable graphics/modelling and design skills (which is obviously essential for me to make my own stuff)

I am always happy to help people out with technical code problems.

I realised (probably too late in the day), that I am going to need some help to build awareness of my game and to ensure it hits the highest possible quality bar.
andmcgregor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8793 on: July 27, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Andrew. I'm a NYC based developer working on an economics simulation game. Have been lurking here for a while but you'll probably see me posting more often in the future- I'm planning on setting up a dev log soon for my current project.

RafaSKB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8794 on: July 27, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »

Hey guys, my name is Rafa Skoberg and I'm a programmer from Brazil. I'm a co-founder of Pink Array (www.pinkarray.com), a game development company, and we are currently working on a game called Junk E.T. (www.junketgame.com), a top-down dungeon-crawler roguelike with a gameplay heavily inspired in Zelda and The Binding of Isaac.

My first real experience with game programming was about four years ago when my Pink Array partner (Matt Mumau) and I ran a fairly popular Minecraft server. I say "real" because I've been playing with programs like RPG Maker since I was a little kid. It's funny to look back and realize where it all started haha

The games I like the most are the ones that let me create and explore, like The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Ragnarok Online. Half-Life is also one of my favorites, although playing that game can lead to unforeseen consequences.

TIGSource is new to me, so I'm interested to see what experiences I'll have with this community.  Smiley

Check out Junk E.T. at junketgame.com
Kecon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8795 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:33 AM »

Hi,

I'm Kecon and is a 33 year old guy from Sweden. I started programming 20 years ago in C, but learned C++, Java, Python, etc on the road. I was involved in a LAN-party organization called Najt (www.najt.nu, beware - Swedish) for several years (1999-2006) and found a couple of gaming friends there. I've been a gamer since my family received our first PC 1990.

I've been working as a Java-programmer for 15 years in the telecom sector, and I'm currently developing games using JMonkeyEngine.

The first game I published was a freeware called Alien Targets, it was written in C for DOS, 1998 or so. I have no available screenshots for it though Sad

I have a couple of friends that I've started a couple of game projects with over the years, but we have always managed to make them too big and never finish them.

I've currently started a indie game development studio, Kendanware http://www.kendanware.com/, with an old friend from the Najt era. We are focused on simulation and management games. We are developing games during our spare-time.

The games I like is Civilization.*, Battlefield.*, SimCity.* and C&C Smiley

Kecon

Indie game developer focusing on simulation and management games
nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8796 on: July 28, 2015, 08:28:40 AM »

Hi,

My name is Roy van Ophuizen and I like to develop small games in my spare time. Games I've made are Ballhalla (PC), Iris Synthesis (iOS) and Super Sequencer (iOS). Currently I'm toying with a physics based concept which I can hopefully present soon. At daytime I work as a software engineer at an american broadcasting facilitator.

My favorite game series are: Civilization, Starcraft, FIFA, Anno and Advance Wars.

Roy

maweibezahn
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8797 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:16 AM »

Hi, I am Marc-André Weibezahn. I come from a small city in Northern Germany and I tinker around with digital stuff almost 10 years. I started with Flash and BlitzMax. Right now I am an interaction designer and developer and am working on my project "ZIRKEL", a puzzle game for iOS http://zirkelgame.com
My first game was Pole Position I think and my first console an Atari 2600. I bought and owned a lot of consoles until the Game Cube, then went into a hiatus. I bought a PS4 lately (mostly because of Driveclub) but I do not play with it very often…
I like traditional Arcade genres like racers (no sims), Shmups and Fighting Games. When I was younger I als enjoyed Japanese RPGs.
Well, I think that's about it for now… gotta get back to work on ZIRKEL :D

Cheers,
Marc-André
Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8798 on: July 28, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Davi Vasc, I am from Brazil Smiley I have been working as a musician in the field of music producing/performing/songwriting in my local area for a few years, and now I got into the field of music composing for video games, I am having a great time with this kind of work! I have been a gamer since the late NES era. I like many types of games but my favorite video game company is Nintendo and my favorite franchise of all time is The Legend Of Zelda. I am currently playing monster hunter 4 ultimate.

The TIGforum seems to be a great place to get in touch with with the indie dev scene, I am excited to see so many new games being created with such enthusiasm. Hopefully I will be able to help with my music!

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
viniciuskk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: July 28, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »

Heya. Indie Brazillian game developer here, focused on visual novels. I've quite a bit of experience in writing plots for games.
And... I'm a physiotherapist. IRL. No bachelors in anything related to computers lol.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic