Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:24:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs13th Moon
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 13th Moon  (Read 1050 times)
bitserum
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:13 AM »

13th Moon
Platforms: PC, Linux, Mac

13th Moon is an atmospheric, story-driven space shooter, set 200 years in the future in unknown regions of space discovered by accidental wormholes in our own solar system. Interstellar travel still escapes humanity, but a new source of energy that could make it possible - a sort of natural super-battery is discovered in vast asteroid fields of this newly discovered space.

You take the role of an android unit in a research/mining facility (settled inside of a large hollow asteroid, in the asteroid fields of this new space). You've just been powered up after an unknown period of time, during which all humans and other android units have mysteriously disappeared.

A quasi-sentient super-computer is your only companion.

13th Moon plays like a vertical shmup, featuring levels in a chunk of space the player can explore mostly non-linearly (levels themselves are still played in a linear fashion).

The story and slight RPG elements are optional, and can be completely ignored by players that don't wish to engage with them.

The player's ship is completely modular with 50-ish different upgrades, many of which can be combined with others to change the way base weapons function.

We're staying away from many genre conventions like bullet hell and scoring systems. Instead focusing on creating fewer but more complex AIs that would pose a fresh challenge.

Here's an early gameplay video:

Some WIP music: https://soundcloud.com/antonio-hajden/13th-moon-ambience-space-wip

- - -

Development Blog  |  Twitter  |  Youtube

Ivan Gabrijel Juricic (programming) and Antonio Hajden (me - graphics, music/sound, design and story) are developing 13th Moon. We've been working together for years on usually non-gaming, but software and multimedia related projects.

- - -

Inspirations: Binding of Isaac, Dota, Mario Kart, Braid, D&D, Thunder Force

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:20:13 AM by bitserum » Logged
biomechanic
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:29:52 AM »

Love the graphics. Show more.
Rayiner
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:38:04 AM »

Atmosphere looks awesome!

I
NEED
THIS
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:32:04 AM »

Amazing visuals and lighting effects :O
bitserum
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 05:20:01 AM »

This has got to be (among) the shortest Devlogs around.

This project is dead now, until or unless I can find an interested programmer with knowledge of C# and Unity to attempt continuing it.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 06:33:23 AM »

Way to go !

That was quick !

Oh boy :I , I hope you find someone
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic