Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 03:23:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnsurvive - Pixel Sandbox Survival Horror
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unsurvive - Pixel Sandbox Survival Horror  (Read 1110 times)
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »

Unsurvive is a project I started two years ago, in that time it was being developed in Blender Game Engine, but for no motivation and some other things, I wasn't able to think clearly on it, so I stopped developing it. Now, two years ago, with a bit of more experience in Unity, I'm going to develop Unsurvive with more than an arcade game that it was supposed to be.

Now, Unsurvive is gonna be a Sandbox Survival Horror (Zombie Apocalypse) Game, placed in a vast persistent world made with a lot of caring & simple 3D for environment and Sprites for characters, so it's a 2.5D game, I guess.

The thing is, I wanted to make Unsurvive hard to play, hard to survive, it's going to have permadeath as the only option, and you'll have to keep an eye on facts like Fear, Hunger & Fatigue, either your body will collapse in a heartattack and you'll die, with the only option of start from scratch, I call it a new opportunitie.

Fear, Hunger & Fatigue will affect on the way you do things, just like shooting a zombie, if you prepare your character fearless, you'll have more chances to survive in a fight than someone that prepares his character for builidng, for example.

Your character will learn of his fights, and the things/events he will live.
If, for example, you're a genious of crafting (of course, there will be crafting, with lots of variations) and you don't prepare your character to not collapse in a fight with zombies and miss all his shots, you'll just have to place traps with multiple items, there will be lots of ways to kill zombies, even if you don't like to have blood in your hands. Fun for everyone.

You will have to take care of yourself, searching for meds, hunting, killing zombies with vehicles or even securing a place and improving it to be safe for whatever reason. Because not only the zombies will be your enemies, mankind has been a little corrupted since the apocalypse, just taking care of themselves.

Anyways, exitting all this freedom fun, there will be a lineal history too, just if you want to see things happen, change, and learn more about what happened while you were "sleeping".

And now, I'll have to go back working, just needed to talk a bit about it, and let's see if it's nice to your eyes. So I'll reserve this post to use it as a devlog.

Engine: Unity3D.
Artistic things: Photoshop & Blender.
Language: C#.

I'll show you all something special in a week, or maybe two.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »

Good luck.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Conker534
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »

Sounds like a lot for one person
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:07 AM »

Good luck.

Thankyu.

Sounds like a lot for one person

It is, in fact, a lot of work, but I'm sure I'm capable to do it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic