Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:23:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Guns 2 - Wild West action platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Guns 2 - Wild West action platformer  (Read 1967 times)
AdventureIslands
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

Play the current demo here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/20094

Controls:

WASD:
Use ASD to Move and Duck. use J and K keys to jump and shoot. Press S while jumping to aim gun downwards to shoot beneath you.

Arrow Keys:
Use Arrow to Move and Duck. use Z and X keys to jump and shoot. Press down arrow key while jumping to aim gun downwards to shoot beneath you.

To use knife, run against an enemy from side and press any Shooting key. It deals twice bullet damage, can only be used on ground.

What is it?
Tiny Guns is a Run and Gun game inspired by old arcade games Sunset Riders and C.O.W. -Boys of Moo Mesa. You control two bounty hunters Burton Beryl and Crimson Clementine, on a quest to take down a vicious gang of outlaws who are trying to take over the Wild West. Your mission is to shoot your way through various western settings and face off with tough criminal boss at the end of each stage. Can you reach their true leader and save the West from bandit invasion?

The game will have total of 5 stages, Town, Cavern, Mountain, Train and the Bandit Leader's Hideout. Every level has it's own tough bossfight with it's own tactic to defeat.

Feedback, critique and suggestions are welcome and highly appreciated so I can keep improving the game. The game is being developed mainly mobile in mind, but other platform releases are highly likely as well.

Screens:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:51:16 AM by AdventureIslands » Logged
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:40:53 PM »

This is unimaginably cute. Looking forward to seeing more.

Only thing so far: Is there ANY way to deal more than one bullet's damage at a time? The enemies take a lot hits, and the barricades take even more, so it's... really really time consuming to kill things. It'd also be better if you had a knife too, since all the enemies do.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:50:45 PM by Doktor_Q » Logged
AdventureIslands
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

This is unimaginably cute. Looking forward to seeing more.

Only thing so far: Is there ANY way to deal more than one bullet's damage at a time? The enemies take a lot hits, and the barricades take even more, so it's... really really time consuming to kill things. It'd also be better if you had a knife too, since all the enemies do.

You have knife, run right next to the enemy and press shoot key to swipe them. It does 2 bullets worth of damage.

I'm currently experimenting and possibly adding in an ability to throw dynamites like the bomber enemies do.
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:45:14 AM »

Ok, managed to find the knife. Only problem now is it's pretty much impossible to get close enough to use it without getting hit. Might consider increasing the knife range and making it work while you're in the air?
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 06:52:18 AM »

It's fun and has a really nice feel to it but I would second the suggestion to give the player a higher rate of fire, even if you need to do the same for the enemies to balance it out. Progressing through the levels seem a little slow at the moment.

Muchuu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »

ah that game looks really cool, looking forward to it!
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »

The game remembers me Sunset Riders (

) but with smaller people. It looks cool. I agree with the point that you require too many shots to remove the barriers. Also I expected to jump in the rooftoops of the buildings. 
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »

Looks really cool.
Yinyamina
Level 0

cavernofcreativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:59:27 PM »

Lately I've found myself drifting towards western games. Even had an idea of my own for one. This game is looking really good and fun too. I want to try it but the link is not loading for me... That or it's taking extremely long to load.
I really like the pixel work done in this from the screenshots here though.

Edit:
So it finally loaded and the game itself is very fun!
The controls are a bit weird  since z is to jump and x is to shoot. Then there's wsad. I used the arrows but kept finding myself using up to jump, it's something to get used to. Overall, the game is pretty fun. I did find this glitch(?) where I got stuck under this guy who was kinda of having a seizure on top of me. A screencap could not get it turning back and forward faster than the speed of light, but here is where I got stuck.

That empty spot is where I died. (Maybe I suck.)
When I tried to strategically move myself from under him, I was killed.
Also it's a great attention to detail to make it so when you are too close to shoot that you end up slicing them instead (Or at least that's what it looked like).
Loved it though and the music really compliments the game itself.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:38:29 PM by Yinyamina » Logged

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »

This game looks super adorable

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Pages: [1]