Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 07:41:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRex Rocket [Released on Steam!]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Rex Rocket [Released on Steam!]  (Read 35412 times)
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2014, 04:22:48 AM »

Played the demo...awesome game! I cannot, however, beat the second boss...nor can my friend.  We tried about 40 times and never even took away even 25% of his health. The first boss took a few attempts for us, but I'm assuming we were missing something for the second boss. A few times, we tried to just dodge his attacks, not even attacking and we weren't able to get any further(just a little past when he moves over to the right side of the screen and goes up into the air). Should we have had some sort of shield before taking him on or something? We tried going back to the right and jumping up the platforms to see if there's something we missed, but it doesn't appear that there are enough platforms to allow you to go back once you get down there.

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »

We just had a great time at the Indie MEGABOOTH @ GDC2014 and we've been Greenlit!  Big thanks goes out to everyone from the Tigsource forums that voted and showed support for Rex.  

Played the demo...awesome game! I cannot, however, beat the second boss...nor can my friend.  We tried about 40 times and never even took away even 25% of his health. The first boss took a few attempts for us, but I'm assuming we were missing something for the second boss. A few times, we tried to just dodge his attacks, not even attacking and we weren't able to get any further(just a little past when he moves over to the right side of the screen and goes up into the air). Should we have had some sort of shield before taking him on or something? We tried going back to the right and jumping up the platforms to see if there's something we missed, but it doesn't appear that there are enough platforms to allow you to go back once you get down there.

Hey Xienen!
Holy wow, 40x!!! Haha, that's dedication, sorry he gave you such a hard time.  The commando bot has a set number of attacks and each attack has a specific way to dodge it.  We just playtested Rex Rocket at the Indie Megabooth GDC and I think the max attempts to kill the boss was 10.   What we'll probably end up doing is adding a difficulty modifier to him if you've died a certain number of times.  Here's a little vid (sorry for the crappy quality on the recording) I made just for you so you can see how to handle each attack.

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »

This game is rad.

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2014, 05:58:23 AM »

Hey Xienen!
Holy wow, 40x!!! Haha, that's dedication, sorry he gave you such a hard time.  The commando bot has a set number of attacks and each attack has a specific way to dodge it.  We just playtested Rex Rocket at the Indie Megabooth GDC and I think the max attempts to kill the boss was 10.   What we'll probably end up doing is adding a difficulty modifier to him if you've died a certain number of times.  Here's a little vid (sorry for the crappy quality on the recording) I made just for you so you can see how to handle each attack.

So, after reading that and watching the video, it's become clear that I suck too much at this type of game to take on something like Rex Rocket Wink

Really appreciate you take the time to respond and create that video!  Still a great game even if I suck at it Wink Toast Right

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »

Hey Xienen!

So, after reading that and watching the video, it's become clear that I suck too much at this type of game to take on something like Rex Rocket Wink

Really appreciate you take the time to respond and create that video!  Still a great game even if I suck at it Wink Toast Right

Thanks, Xienen!   Here's a new gif of one of the rooms from the final zone.

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »

One of the last rooms before the tram fight. 

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »

Another room and the beginning of the second to last boss fight.

Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »

This looks fantastic, impressed with the art and design.
CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:54 AM »

This looks fantastic, impressed with the art and design.

Thanks, Dan!   Here's another screen from the second to last boss fight

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »

I will buy this the moment its released!!  Hand Money Left
This looks awesome!

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »

I will buy this the moment its released!!  Hand Money Left
This looks awesome!
Thanks, Windybeard!

I've been going through a lot of the older maps in Rex that were completed last year and updating them.

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:32 PM »

Still reworking more rooms from the upper decks.

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »

Gotta have a little Doctor Who Humor in there.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »

Gotta have a little Doctor Who Humor in there.

Totally.

Here's a copy/paste from the kickstarter update that we posted earlier this week. 
"We've been GREENLIT and Rex Rocket is coming to the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX East
2 comments   Like  6 likes
First off, we had an awesome time at GDC 2014 where we got to show off Rex Rocket's laser-blasting action in front of tons of people, including developers! We plan on doing the same in Boston next week as one of 100 games being displayed at the Indie Megabooth at PAX EAST! Come check out our booth and say hi if you're attending the event!

On the development end - we're working hard to wrap up the final zone of the game and begin the polishing phase, so Rex Rocket should be complete this summer. We're also preparing another small beta/demo to give you all a taste of the challenging final zone, so look forward to that soon.

Finally, we're excited to say that Rex Rocket has been officially Greenlit! Distributing on Steam is a big step for us as we continue discussing other possible platforms for our space hero to make an appearance on after the PC release! : )

Thanks!
Castle Pixel"

Also...

More upper deck refreshers!

OniWorld
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »

You guys are doing awesome, keep at it!  Toast Right

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »

You guys are doing awesome, keep at it!  Toast Right

Thanks for the support!!!

Still refreshing upper deck rooms!

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »

Finished all the new bad/dark sections for the upper deck.  Plan moving forward is to do a new action packed room for the PAX East demo.  Then going to move on to brushing up the lower-deck rooms. 

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »

On normal difficulty, players will respawn in this room after a game over.  There's one after each boss.  

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »

Hey all!
This week we were mentioned in the TigSource devlog by VenusPatrol! Huge honor for us <3
Tyler is holding down the fort at PAX East IndieMegabooth.

Posted this for twitter #screenshotsaturday

Rex is getting close to completion!

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:30 PM »

The room building continues!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic