Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 03:11:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsComposer looking for work/collab
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer looking for work/collab  (Read 482 times)
Battle Lava
Level 0

▲▼◀ ▶

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:22:33 AM »

Hello!

My name is Alex, but often go by Battle Lava online and when I perform. You can visit music.battlelava.com and listen to about 10 chiptune albums and EPs I've released over the past 5-ish years.

Writing and performing chip music has been great, but I'm looking to expand more into soundtracks, and sound effects, for games. I'm interested in writing contemporary classical music, electronic music or more chiptune for games.

Previously, I've worked on:

The game Morphlers for the Ubisoft Academia Game Lab Competition. I wrote the soundtrack, created/found samples for SFX, was part of the conception and creative direction, and offered some design suggestions.

The game Doubloon, a 5 person survival card game. I was one half of the team and a part of the conception and design.

To preview older work, for example the soundtrack I wrote for a submission to the 2013 Indie Speed Run, you can visit awestcott.me.

I guess I'm interested in anything, hypothetically, and of course am very interested in paid projects (who wouldn't be) but it isn't an absolute prerequisite.

You can contact with my gmail account: alexanderwestcott, or by responding to this thread (I'll be notified of replies).

Cool
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:42:36 AM by Battle Lava » Logged
Battle Lava
Level 0

▲▼◀ ▶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »

I decided to cook up a quick lil' demo. Made it just this morning. It's short (~2mins). It mixes sort of orchestral instrumentation with electronic/chiptune.

https://soundcloud.com/battlelava/demo-for-tigsourcereddit-threads

I decided to upload something closer to a demo reel of classical-ish/orchestral-ish short example compositions. Around 6 minutes of different examples which fade in/out of each other.

https://soundcloud.com/battlelava/demo-reel

The track I uploaded earlier combined different genres, which I don't think is that necessary anymore. The Battle Lava discography can speak as my track record with electronic or chiptune style compositions. Since there isn't much to listen to for any other genre, I made this demo reel.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:45:49 PM by Battle Lava » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic