Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411701 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 04:37:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Need pixel artist for an upcoming metroidvania-game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need pixel artist for an upcoming metroidvania-game.  (Read 1687 times)
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:02:18 PM »

Hi, I'm Siiseli and for some while now I have been developing a platform-engine in c++ using Allegro. It's pretty much done and now it's time to start developing the game itself. Everything up until now(not counting the nice graphics michael made, but cannot make anymore for reasons I do not remember)has been placeholders, but when starting to develop the game itself, placeholders are not exactly nice and it sucks not being able to see how your game is going to look.

Heres some more info on the game: as stated in the topic, this game is a metroidvania(exploration platformer, if you will)-type of a game. It's all about exploration, puzzles and action. You could say it's a mixture of cave story, la mulana, metroid and castlevania(not in a rip-off-sense though).

The setting of the game is rather simple, this is becouse I wanted to have pretty much complete freedom of level design and such. You have been magically warped to this place created by some kind of a god-character, becouse, well, even gods get bored sometimes. So every once in a while the god amuses himself by doing this summoning thingie. Of course the god promises the one summoned something good if he ever gets out, what this "something good" is, well that's not specified exactly.

The games window size will be 320 x 240 and it is tile-based. Basic tiles will be 16 x 16, particles and characters and such can be pretty much any basic size(2 x 2, 4 x 4, 8 x 8, 16 x 16, 32 x 32 and so on).

I was planning on participating in the Assembly gamedev-competition with this game when it's done. Unfortunately the rules forbid me from releasing anything of the game in beforehand, which prevents me from giving you some engine test or screenshot.

If I do not accept you as my graphician, do not be offended, it's propably not becouse of you being a bad graphician, it's becouse I'm looking for a style that fits my original idea of the game. I'm looking for someone who is willing to stick with me through the entire project and is willing to really put effort into this.

If you are interested in the project or know someone who might be, have any questions or just want to see the engine test, please reply to this thread, private message me, add me to msn([email protected]), send me email to that same address or catch me in #tigirc @ espernet, I will be going by the nick Siiseli there. I will gladly show the engine to anyone interested, just can't release the link publicly. Also: please show some examples of your pixel art when you send your "application".

Hope to hear from you people Gentleman

ps. I'm sorry for the awful amount of text ;_;

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:07:28 PM by siiseli » Logged
El Moppo
Level 0

Gronk! Gronk!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:47:54 PM »

I do not talk as often as I would like on here. Neither am I a good time keeper when it comes to work or working. But. I have recently begun to make some Pixel Art pieces that I am actually proud of. I.e. They are how I imagined them to be, or pretty much close to them though. lol. Smiley.
I know that I do not sound as a very much good off of as a candidate. But. I have been hoping to dip my toes into The Game Pixel Art Creation Pool Of Funness! So. There. So. My offer's there if you want it. Kindly refuse it if you have to or want to though.

Here is my DeviantArt Page if you wish to see my work.
http://el-moppo.deviantart.com/
I have more. But. I keep forgetting to upload it though. Because I'm doing it sort of in chunks... Sort of.
Anyway. That's enough of me there though.
Isn't it though?
Yes. Really. lol. Smiley.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic