Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 12:45:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessJust found out a game had been stolen.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Just found out a game had been stolen.  (Read 2871 times)
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »

The easiest thing to do is add MochiAds, as it both makes it so you'll make a little bit of money when it's played, no matter where it is, and it gives your game a free layer of encryption, so that sites can't modify your game to strip out ads or add their own splash screen.
They added the splash via another flash object in another div-element, can MochiAds really technically protect against this?

@ThemsAllTook: It's like republishing photos, does an ad sponsored newspaper harm me by using my private event photos from my blog for their stories? Yes, it violates my copyrights. Maybe xhunterko just doesnt want a shady page like v7games featuring his games (and profiting from them).

Precisely what ThemsAllTook said. I know virality is important. I'd still like to have some control over how my games are "released". (maybe it's less of a big deal then I thought it was...*shrugs*)

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »

Had 2 flash games stolen in this manner. I made like 4$ on Kongregate and they have half the views they can keep it. I'm happy more people played it.

Now if they made a crapload of money (and by that I mean more than 8$) I might say congratulations and ask them how the hell they made any money off my crappy ludum dare games.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic