Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 03:49:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Oblitus - 2D fantasy action-adventure roguelike  (Read 31444 times)
Kekskiller
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »

Too bad I can't quite parse the notes from PNG files Panda
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

Designer, Artist, Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »

Too bad I can't quite parse the notes from PNG files Panda
Oops!  Thanks for the head's up  Embarrassed

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »

I'm really digging the sounds.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »

I'm really digging the sounds.
Thanks! Smiley

Oblitus was featured in Indie Statik's 25 Indie Games Still To Come In 2013 That We’re Excited About list.  Check it out!  There's also a bunch of other cool games on there that you should look out for (Crypt of the Necrodance and Rain World are two of my favorites).

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »

I've been working on making the lighting engine faster, because it's been having some issues lately.  Other than that, I've been messing around with having the foreground lighting go all the way to black in places where there is no light (instead of a dark blue), which is letting me do some cool stuff with the level design and making for some interesting effects.  Here's a pic of the player getting attacked by a villager:

bnhw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »

As someone who's played Dark Souls far too much, count me as excited!

@bnhw on Twitter
Sushi Snake blog/site/buy
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2013, 12:53:56 AM »

As someone who's played Dark Souls far too much, count me as excited!
I'm glad you're pumped! :D

Here are a few screenshots with changes to the lighting:

I changed around a lot of stuff today with the Villager's movement and the Kobold's attacks.  It's feeling much smoother now, and enemies don't have nearly as many moments where they feel "cheap" when they kill the player, which is one of my biggest concerns--I want the player to blame themselves for failing, or else it goes from being a difficult game to just plain unfair.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »

Didn't do a whole lot of interesting stuff today.  The main accomplishment was simply getting the controls synced back up between keyboard/mouse and controller.  This actually proved pretty difficult, since I depend on the controller having separate controls for "up" and "jump" (A = jump, Up on the joystick = up).  This is important on ladders in particular, where you can go up the ladder using "up," but you also need to be able to jump off of the ladders.  Right now, the solution I'm using is to make it so the ladders function where left/right control motion, where the player will move in whichever direction on the ladder is closest to whichever button (left/right) that the player is pressing.

Here's a pic where I changed the player's light color to red:

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2013, 02:19:47 AM »

Finished working out some kinks with importing the bone scaling functionality from Spine and applying it to already-scaled parts with colliders in Oblitus.  Now that it's finished, I was able to make some "juicier" animations for a new enemy/hazard:

See the tumblr post for more info on how they behave!

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »

Neat!

tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »

When's the art change you were talking about?

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »

When's the art change you were talking about?
I actually got the first set of graphics from the artist today!  I'm going to wait to show the new stuff off at least until I have more of it, and possibly not until I have all of the current graphics replaced.

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »

I finished working out the map for the remaining parts of the first area tonight.  Also, I'm testing out doing running water (we'll see if I can make it fast enough!)

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »

We were mentioned on US Gamer yesterday!

Also, I've been working on making a water-like ooze that is in the world (there isn't any normal water, just this glowing ooze):

ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

The whole first area is all mapped out currently, and now it's just down to prettying it up, doing the boss, and fixing a couple small things before we start moving toward releasing an alpha for preorders!

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »

You're doing Hand Money Left PREORDERS Hand Money Right ?? That's cool. Awesome to see how far you've come with this. It's really lookin' great. Smiley Do you have a sense yet of what the final scope is gonna be?

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »

aw cool

Kekskiller
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:45 AM »

Hand Money Left Epileptic Hand Shake Right
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2013, 01:53:36 AM »

Phew, long time, no post.  I've been working on Oblitus, albeit a bit slowly lately--we had an artist on board, but he left, so it's back to just being me again.  I'm now getting really back up to speed with things, and I posted some new info to the devlog about how upgrades will be handled in-game:

These plants are the way the player will upgrade in the game—each time they find one (they’ll be hidden or used as rewards after beating bosses), the plant will be destroyed and give a permanent upgrade to the player in some form.  I’m hoping to have a fair number of these throughout the game, so upgrades will be relatively common!

Also, here's a short gif of me killing a villager and getting a checkpoint:

DivineJoker
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »

I made an account just to tell you that this game looks very cool. I'm looking forward to it, and wish you the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic