Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 09:48:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7305529 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20320 on: November 11, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

The bird, I love it.

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20321 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »

Full pixel art screenie of my game

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20322 on: November 11, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »

The bird, I love it.

That's not to say there's not some charm to the monkey-who's-getting-ready-to-turn-in-for-the-night. The bird's well-drawn, though.

@#Sharp - Are you going to go for the pixel Pokemon-esque menu look, or for the more high resolution pixels of your background? Looking good so far.

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20323 on: November 11, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

The bird, I love it.

That's not to say there's not some charm to the monkey-who's-getting-ready-to-turn-in-for-the-night. The bird's well-drawn, though.

@#Sharp - Are you going to go for the pixel Pokemon-esque menu look, or for the more high resolution pixels of your background? Looking good so far.

Thanks SolarLune!

I adore the pokemon red/yellow font and the option boxes used in the old Pokemon and Dragon Quest games.

As a matter of fact, while searching for the font, I was actually thinking about Soldier Of, wondering what font you used in particular! You actually influenced my font decision.  Beer!

I'm trying to keep everything retro. :D

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20324 on: November 12, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »

Before I add the arms, tell me what you think of my first real attempt at making a sprite.

EDIT: I also have no idea how to make it bigger, so it would be pretty cool if you told me how to do that too.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:13:35 PM by TheNineRings » Logged
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20325 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

Thanks SolarLune!

I adore the pokemon red/yellow font and the option boxes used in the old Pokemon and Dragon Quest games.

As a matter of fact, while searching for the font, I was actually thinking about Soldier Of, wondering what font you used in particular! You actually influenced my font decision.  Beer!

I'm trying to keep everything retro. :D

Oh, wow. Okay, well, I used uni 05_53. I got it from FontSquirrel, though the link on the site is no longer active. You can find it elsewhere, though. It looks like there are other Uni xx_xx fonts that all look like pixel-game fonts. I'm starting to think they were ripped from an actual game now... Maybe I should make my own fonts... :S

As a side-note, FontStruct allows you to make your own fonts for free. Not sure if you can use them for commercial products, though (haven't checked the license). EDIT: Looks like it's on a font-by-font basis (which is kinda obvious now that I think about it, as people submit fonts).

EDIT: As a side-side-note, I made a little pixel font if anyone's interested. Free of charge, and you can use it in your commercial stuff, too.

Before I add the arms, tell me what you think of my first real attempt at making a sprite.

EDIT: I also have no idea how to make it bigger, so it would be pretty cool if you told me how to do that too.

I think it's a nice solid sprite. Surprising to see that's your first attempt - it's quite good for a first try. You can add 'width' to the img tag (i.e. [img width=700]), but you probably just want to size it up beforehand. Scaled images get fuzzy on Opera for some reason.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:19:11 PM by SolarLune » Logged

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20326 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »

"McGothington in Candyland"

Ashkin
« Reply #20327 on: November 12, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »

Supernice. Beautiful colors- however, I feel that the background could benefit from a little AA.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20328 on: November 12, 2012, 11:31:41 PM »

Thanks, yeah, it's still pretty sketchy. I left all the jaggies, but they're easy enough to fix.

tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20329 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »

I think it's a nice solid sprite. Surprising to see that's your first attempt - it's quite good for a first try. You can add 'width' to the img tag (i.e. [img width=700]), but you probably just want to size it up beforehand. Scaled images get fuzzy on Opera for some reason.

Thanks! It's supposed to be Mia from Eternal Daughter, but I'm having issues with her corset... breast armor... thing.
ClayB
« Reply #20330 on: November 13, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »

characters for a game ive been planning for awhile
alessandroLino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20331 on: November 13, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »

Hooray for first post with a few characters for something that may not happen. Been posting it around to know what people think about the girls, they look girly enough?

Also sorry if i missed any obligatory introduction thread
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20332 on: November 13, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »

characters for a game ive been planning for awhile

Cool characters. I like their style and color choices.

Hooray for first post with a few characters for something that may not happen. Been posting it around to know what people think about the girls, they look girly enough?

These are also cool characters. The girls look girly enough for their size, yeah. I think the knight could look a bit less 'generic knight'-ish (a more complex helmet and armor), or just making the bottom pixel where his visor goes down a couple of pixels wider would help. Otherwise, I like the style.

ot0_m0t0
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20333 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:10 PM »

Very nice, I love them. Less is more Smiley
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20334 on: November 14, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »

That dragon... it is amazing. It looks like a really, really cool Pokemon sprite. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan, but maybe if all of them looked like that I'd be more inclined to play it.
alessandroLino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20335 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:34 AM »

Thanks for the kind comments Smiley It seems in on the right track then, just need a few fixes here and there

@TheNineRings
Maybe you'll get to fight the dragon in a game (i kinda want it too Beg)
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20336 on: November 14, 2012, 11:17:30 AM »

‎"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius

ClayB
« Reply #20337 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

@alessandro: awesome

Sand that looks like a rock! BEHOLD! just a rough draft testing some stuff, gonna redo the majority of it
knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20338 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »

That's some sexy sand-that-looks-like-a-rock.

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
JutsBeaumont
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20339 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »

who could possibly tell that i like castlevania and architecture
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:27:27 PM by Gizmonicgamer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic