Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 12:57:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNo More Sweden
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: No More Sweden  (Read 39471 times)
Decipher
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:59 AM »

Petri! You're also coming for sure?
If yes, awesome!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:04:04 AM by Decipher » Logged
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:42 AM »

Yeah, I'm going if it's happening!

Petri Purho
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »

Yeah, I really hope this is happening. Only problem for me is that the only computer I've found that I can bring is a Pentium III (1 Ghz) with 16 mb VRAM  :D

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 01:50:09 AM »

the dutch are scum.

Decipher
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

so is the deal still on?
Kianis
Level 0

self-portrait

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »

If the place in Skövde isn't available we'll have
to come up with a backup-plan. This is too cool not to happen.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 01:18:22 AM »

There is a good place about 500 meters from where I live (Majorna in Gothenburg) that costs 2500 sek/night. I haven't talked to them or anything, but I've been to a few parties there, and it's a pretty nice place. You can stay up and party there all night since the place has no close neighbours, so sleep overs shouldn't be a problem. Size wise it's not that big. It does fit about 70+ people for a party, but might be a bit less if everyone's bringing a computer. I also can't book the place myself since I'm stripped for cash  WTF

It looks like this, although without the snow.

If anyone wants to book the place, go here. You can probably only book it for fridays and saturdays. If we're thirty people and book it for two days it will be 167sek/person. Not cheap, but not that bad either. Half that if we only stay there one night.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:21:34 AM by cactus » Logged
Erik Svedäng
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »

Hello again everybody! I'm sorry for not answering your questions, I have been on a long journey by train through Europe so I haven't had access to the internet for over a week...

The good news is that I have convinced some people that we should get access to a very good place in Skövde. Hopefully we can sign the contract tomorrow and then I will post here to tell you everything is in order.

Regarding computers: you will have to bring your own. If you can't do that - come anyway!

Latest news about my games: www.eriksvedang.com
Erik Svedäng
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »

Ok, here's an update. I have spoken to the person responsible for the place we're renting and everyting seems to be allright. I will sign the contract on Monday but it's safe to say that No More Sweden is a fact! It will start around lunch on Saturday 26:th of July and go on until Tuesday morning on the 29:th. I have tried to gather all the information in the first post of this thread and I will add the answers to your questions there too.

When you have decided that you will come, please write something here or drop me a line. If anyone has got any problems finding a reasonably priced way to get to the event, contact me and I will try to help you.

Erik

Kianis
Level 0

self-portrait

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »

Huzzah! Cave Story I'm definitely coming!
If anyone else if coming from the Stockholm area
let me know, it would be nice to share the train ride.

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

I knew Erik would pull this off, because he's Mr.Awesome!

I'll have to check the traveling details, but it's very likely that I'll be traveling through Stockholm. I'll probably take the boat and a train, because I think it's the cheapest way to get there. So I'm up for sharing the train ride.
(Does anyone have a idea how expensive the train ticket from Stockholm to Skövde is?)

Petri Purho
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »

hey erik, how am i supposed to pronounce your last name?

just realized i had no idea how.

Erik Svedäng
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2008, 01:25:49 AM »

Hmmm, something like SVEHD ENGGG... or maybe SWEEEEEEED-ENG.

it translates roughly to "burning field" so I suggest that you call me that
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:47:32 AM by Erik Svedäng » Logged

Decipher
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »

Petri: Something like ~43 eur. And the ferry is ~15 eur from Helsinki or Turku.

Now that the event is certain, I've two questions. The first one is the accomodation. Like can we stay at the place? The second one is, weirdly even if Oulu is a seaport, there are no direct ferries from Oulu to Stockholm... Thus it makes it damn hard for me to cheaply reach a ferry as I lack a nifty shiny stamp on my student's card for VR (railways company in Finland), add that schools are closed thus I can't get an up-to-date document to get a stamp... Thus the train ride becomes 120 eur for me (a full return trip from Oulu to Helsinki and vice versa). If anyone can tell how much Haaparanda - Stockholm or Luleå - Stockholm trains cost I might tell if I'm coming or not for certain.
Erik Svedäng
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »

I think you can get a ticket from Stockholm to Skövde for 22 euros if you take a slow train.

http://www.sj.se is the place to check for trains, make sure you travel as "ungdom" if you're less than 26 years old.

Regarding accomodation: Everyone who not lives in Skövde will be able to sleep at the place. There are plenty of sofas, you will have to bring a sleeping bag or sheets + quilt.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:21:58 AM by Erik Svedäng » Logged

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2008, 03:40:58 AM »

I am definetly coming! Although I will have the crappiest laptop in existance with me (it's harddrive crashes regularly, and after a crash it can't be used for an hour or two), so if anyone's got a spare laptop to bring Wink

Decipher
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2008, 04:23:28 AM »

Pfft, VR doesn't play it nice. So, it's quite certain that I'm not coming :/. How come Finland has the most expensive public transportation ever in the all of Northern Europe, is another question. Even the 50% tax-charging Denmark charges 54 euros for the same distance compared to 120 euros charged by Finland.
Kianis
Level 0

self-portrait

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »

I'll have to check the traveling details, but it's very likely that I'll be traveling through Stockholm. I'll probably take the boat and a train, because I think it's the cheapest way to get there. So I'm up for sharing the train ride.
(Does anyone have a idea how expensive the train ticket from Stockholm to Skövde is?)

Great! Send me a PM or something when you know for certain if/ when you'll arrive in Stockholm and we'll work out the details. Oh, and I will be bringing my harmonica with me (I have to practice for my special guest appearance) so I'll be playing the whooole way, hope you don't mind Roll Eyes

Decipher: Are there no buses? That's usually a lot cheaper
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:05:06 AM by Kianis » Logged

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »

... Anyone coming by car from more souther areas, and have a free seat? I just realized I bought a chair for my NMS traveling money  Roll Eyes

Decipher
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »

Kianis, not in Finland. Busses usually cost more in Finland. But let's check.

Haha... Are they kidding me? 154.8 eur for a frigging bus trip from Oulu to Helsinki. Maybe I can find a last-time deal from Finnair or so, flying seems to be cheaper.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:46:07 AM by Decipher » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic