Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:01:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesXNA games
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: XNA games  (Read 7813 times)
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 02:16:02 AM »

200 Points is the lowest you can charge ($2.50?). But YES it is a cool (the only?) platform for games on a fixed console.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:19:28 AM by MattV » Logged

scruffy hermitgamestwitter
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »

It says the developer get 70 - 90% of the money payed for a game. Which is $1.749125 - $2.248875 (Source)

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »

There are ways to play games on an XBOX that aren't Community Games and Xbox Live Arcade. If Microsoft allowed you to use their servers to host your content for free, Community Games would be a complete wasteland, and Microsoft would make negative money on the whole deal. I think they are trying to avoid the pricing race to the bottom that happens right now in the App store, where free things are available, and you get people complaining when something is $5. The cost for development for Apple products is a lot more then the Xbox, and the consumers will not let you charge as much, if anything.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »

I like XNA and C#, but seeing as it has limited PC distribution options (and with my low funds, Xbox distribution is kinda out of my reach), I feel like I've gone and got trapped myself. Currently, I'm thinking about learning C++, as its not too different from C#, but I've got so much more options.

C# and C++ are extremely different. The reason I'm telling you is that I made that move, from C#/XNA to C++/SDL, and it was a nightmare. I thought it was going to be real easy, just changing things semantically, but boy had I forgotten about C++. I'm both happy and sad about the fact that I moved to C++/SDL. I've got broader horizons now and a more solid foundation but I've lost a lot of momentum.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 07:13:33 AM »

C# might be a good language, but beeing bound to Microsoft is a price I would never pay.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 08:57:49 AM »

C# might be a good language, but beeing bound to Microsoft is a price I would never pay.
C# doesn't bind you to microsoft, XNA does though.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic