Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:51:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHeur.Pck.Molebox in aquaria.exe?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heur.Pck.Molebox in aquaria.exe?  (Read 3102 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:36:26 PM »

I downloaded the aquaria trial and have been getting a peculiar virus detected by comodo. Whenever I install aquaria Comodo detects Heur.Pck.Molebox as a virus and I quarantine it. I do not know what Heur.Pck.Molebox is but I only downloaded the trial from the bit-blot so I don't know how I could have contracted it unless it came from the bit-blot mirror. Does anyone know what is happening? Derek?

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »

Looks like it's trying to say Aquaria uses Molebox (Heuristics-Pack-Molebox).  It's probably a general warning that it's using a packing technique similar to Molebox.  I guess Aquaria might even use Molebox itself.

Molebox is a tool some games use to pack all assets into one big file:  http://www.molebox.com/

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
genericuser
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »

BTW; The "Heur" in "Heur.Pck.Molebox" means Heuristics; in other words, Comodo doesn't detect Aquaria as a virus, it just detects some suspicious signs(in this case, the executable being packed with Molebox).

So, not really much you can do except turning off heuristics, or switching your anti-virus software(which is not really practical...)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:38:37 PM »

Yeah, we used Molebox. Not a virus.  Smiley

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »

Right on, I have that taken care of now. However, I have a different problem if anyone can help me, I can't get Aquaria to launch unless I set the monitor resolution to Aquaria's set resolution in the ATI catalyst control center. If I try to launch it from the desktop icon without changing the resolution first it just gives me a black screen and I have to restart the computer. I get he same issue with Eschalon: Book 1 as well.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Zaphos
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

Have you tried updating drivers?
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »

Update drivers... also check the bit blot support forums. There are some settings that people have found work better than others.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 07:17:09 AM »

Yeah these are the newest ATI Catalyst drivers (9.4) but I have come to find that ATI seems not to release the greatest stable drivers. I think I might have to revert back to 9.3 or 9.2. I'll check the bit-blot forums and see what I can find as well, thanks guys.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic