Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 04, 2024, 12:56:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesShadow platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shadow platformer  (Read 2109 times)
ParaboL
Level 0

bleh

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »

Email just got sent around work of this video, looks like an awesome concept!

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

mmmmmmm http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/04/preview_shadow_physics_steve_s.html

AlexWeldon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:07:54 AM »

Cool concept... at the end of the video though, I'd say it sounds like he's going too far. Just with what he showed in the first half, it looked like a cool game. The enemies, okay... the colored lights would be too much, IMO. Also, balancing levels is going to be very tough if the player can really move one or multiple lights at will. I'd be thinking it terms of switches (that you can either push yourself, or drop/roll either physical or shadow objects into) and/or lights that move automatically along fixed paths.

Games, Puzzles and Game Design Blog: http://www.benefactum.ca
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »

Oh wow.
I've been working on a game in which shadows are a core mechanic. Granted, from what I saw of that it's rather different from mine in a lot of ways, but still...

Looks pretty cool, though.
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »

Yeah this is my game (along with Swink)... I'm the guy on the interview.  Kind of surprised about the responses.  Really I made it because I thought it was a cool idea and an interesting technical challenge. 

A lot of the game mechanics I mentioned in the interview are just things I want to explore and may or may not make it in the final release.  The game is really early, and I have a full time job and no funding for it, but I'd like to finish it and flesh it out.

The game was officially started at the first TIGJam, btw.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:28:45 AM by Impossible » Logged
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »

That is tremendously magnificent.

Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 06:37:04 AM »

Ok. That looks fantastic! (having gotten over the annoying interviewer. apologies if it's actually someone here  Gentleman)

It does look like a year is a reasonable amount of time as that was basically a tech demo. Good luck with development man. What are you building it in by the way?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic